August ZornFast 2019

(Trish) #42

I broke my fast last night at abput 72 hours as I had 2 episode through the day, one at work and one when I got home, where I felt like serious crap. Work was stupid busy so i was really running my butt off all day. Maybe it was just a bit too much one month back into keto. Other than that, I felt great. My BG yesterday still fasting was 4.7. This morning …
BG 4.8
BP 115/71
Pulse 72
Weight - 3 pounds
Urine ketones 4.0…yesterday morning was 8.0.
I think I will eat for a few days and then fast a couple again depending on what my work schedule looks like.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #43

Overall my numbers are looking really good this time around. I’m hoping to do another 48hr fast next week.

My fasting Log:

Time (hr) BG BK GKI Notes
T0 83 0.9 5.1 Aug 16
T1 89 0.8 6.2
T2 89 2.0 2.5
T3 94 2.6 2.0 drank 2tbsp ACV
T12 87 1.2 4.0 Aug 17, 30m after waking
T16 90 0.8 6.3 after shopping
T20 72 2.0 2.0 drinking KetoAide
T24 76 1.1 3.8
T27 71 1.6 2.5 before bed
T36 75 2.6 1.6 Aug 18, 30min after waking

I’m sitting on about 64 hours currently. It’s been effortless this time (as usual) with one exception. I only got one KetoAid down yesterday, and had a horrible leg cramp in my left calf during the wee hours today.

Awful awful awful.

I grabbed a KetoAid from the fridge, and chugged that sucker, then limped back to the bedroom. When my alarm went off at 5:30 all was well.

Please don’t neglect your Salt, Potassium and Magnesium people!!

10 more hours and I’ll break-fast.

I started fasting Thursday evening, not even realizing it was lining up with the zornfast. I don’t know how many hours it’s been since I never think to write down my start time, but I’m guessing my last meal on Thursday was around 4 or 5. So maybe around 70 hours now?

Haven’t fasted in months, but I’ve been bouncing all over the 180’s for months now, and it’s starting to annoy me. I’m at 180.2 as of this morning; I’m hoping to wake up in the 170’s. I think I’m gonna go 5 days because I keep reading that there’s diminishing returns after that point.

Oh, and I’m drinking black coffee now. No HWC. Never thought I’d say that. And I only have one mug in the morning, not four spread out through the day. So this is the purest fast I have done yet.

My son just grilled $45 worth of meat and I’m not touching it til Tuesday night. I’m a masochist like that. :crazy_face:

(Susan) #46

It is awesome to see you back Sharon, we have all missed you very much. You are doing great on the fast.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #47

Broke my fast at 47hrs.
BG 53
BK 3.6
GKI 0.8

I’m hesitant to go longer without a CGM, but I don’t expect problems from low glucose. I’d just want to be able to check ketones if BG dipped into the mid-40s or lower.

Broke my fast at 3am, so maybe 82 hours? Was having horrible nightmares and needed comfort food. Still keto though; some olives and pepperoni. Weight when I woke up was 178.2, starting weight was 185. Think I’m gonna try again in a couple days.

I started my break fast a couple hours early. So I only made it to 70, not 72. I was cutting up some veggies for a salad, and some of them just sneaked into my mouth.

It’s all good.

Ready for the SeptemberZornFast now.

(KCKO, KCFO) #50

Stan, I will be joining in on that one. This one turned into a OMAD experiment for me. I think I prefer ADF to OMAD. That way I don’t have to think about food at all every other day. I’ll be playing around with ADF until the next Zornfast. Since it is a change of season fast, I want to try doing a plain extended coffee/water only diet, to clean up my system a tad more.

KCKO
KCFO

(KCKO, KCFO) #51

Love that others consider those two food items comfort food. I honestly think I could live on them, LOL.

Nice loss, congrats.

(Not a cow) #52

Just made up a wonderful fasting drink using @Brenda 's KetoAide and Dr Fung’s recommended Ginger Green Fasting Tea. Those who don’t know already, the tea comes in individual packages of crystals which are just added to water, hot or cold, stirred and voila, genuine decaf green tea.

I’m a bit of an impulsive buyer, and for some reason last night, I felt the need to purchase one of those carbonation machines that you can make your own club soda type drink. I have always liked the taste of adding club soda to KetoAide, but when I mixed the Tea with the KetoAide with the Carbonator, the result is amazing. Probably same result with just adding club soda from a can, but my taste buds says this is better ! ( Justifying in my mind the cost of that Carbonator, haha)

I haven’t quite figured out how to carbonate the drink without it fizzing all over the place, but I think it has to do with the magnesium citrate, so the next time I will add it after i fizzed up the drink. ( or else only fill the bottle to half ) Alright, I’m fasting today !

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) closed #53

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #54

The September ZornFast has now been posted. Be sure and join us!