August-Palooza!

She’s a low carb healthy fats Labrador. I might not be able to stay on plan as well as @Fangs encourages us to, but I can control my pup’s diet (and that inspires me to do better with mine).

Saw this post (old post) from @barefootbob of “Another Carnivore Thread” fame. This interesting head cheese style food called “Souse”.

very cool…I miss Bob in our chats!

Well, normal pancakes are eggs, watered down and ruined with flour :smiley: And possibly with sugar/sweetener but I never understood that, it just makes it burn easier. But egg is the only important ingredient in my eyes, it was the case even as a kid, my Mom used little flour and lots of eggs in pancakes :slight_smile: I went a bit farther but I am an egg maniac. I tried zillion keto/paleo pancakes but water and oily seed flour just ruined it (except the awesome macadamia flour I can’t get anymore).

My pancakes have eggs and a bit of sour cream only, ideally I fry them in butter - or in lard if I know they won’t be sweet. They are very good pancakes for me, my favorite kind. My flour is hard-boiled egg yolk but as I don’t add extra liquid, just thick sour cream, it doesn’t need much :smiley:
These are Hungarian pancakes so crêpes (but just pancakes to me) so the dough is less thick than most sauces. We fill them with something and roll them up. There are sweet and savory kinds alike. Maybe I mentioned already that a famous Hungarian pancake is filled with meat (as I was a vegetarian and never tried it out in restaurants, I looked it up now… meat stew, usually veal and on the outside, sour cream. paprika inside and outside, it must be great…).

Awesome. You should make the comment a stand alone recipe post, I reckon. They sound better than chaffles. Thanks for sharing! If you want to start a forum fire you could title the post “Better than chaffles” (and say Fangs said to call it that).

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/search?q=pancakes

For ‘sweet’ pancakes I cube up some Kent pumpkin (yanks call it squash, I think?), slow cook it in an iron dish with butter on a wood fire stove. When starting to brown, I put it into the oven for half an hour. Then I mash it with more butter, then I add the eggs. they would probably be even better with the light sour cream. It makes thick sweet pancakes that are keto friendly and would tempt a carnivore who is not sticking to plan.

(Edith) #326

Please post your recipe. :yum:

Are we talking something more like crepes to use as a roll up for other stuff, your using pancakes but to me here in USA pancakes are sugar crap nightmare but I think I get ya…sounds more like a crepe thing?

Cool S

It’s super simple, really and I never was sure it suits more normal taste… I love eggs and I prefer most things being quite eggy. I never understood people complaining about paleo/keto breads being too eggy :smiley: But pancakes are all about eggs, just like sponge cakes - and thin ones can get away without any powder-like “flour”…

I use this for 3 thin pancakes:

2 eggs
1 hard-boiled egg yolk, crumbled
20g sour cream (20% fat as we have this in this country)
I mix it with some kind of mixer, it will be quite thin but just fine for crepes :slight_smile: Or if it’s thin, I sometimes used a tiny bit of fiber in the past but more cream and egg yolk crumble should do the trick too. Even fried ground pork skin but that changes the flavors, obviously.

It’s my zillionth pancake recipe but the simplest and best. But very eggy so only for egg fans…

(Edith) #329

Thank you.