AUGUST 2019 Weight Maintenance Check in

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

Sorry this thread is so late. I do think it is important that people on mainenance have a space here. Our challenges are different. Losing can be done but keeping it off? That is where the real work begins.

I hope the Maintenance Crew is all doing well.

I have noticed I stay mostly about 4 lbs. under my original goal weight these days, only occasionally after I have slacked off and had more of somethings I rarely eat or drink,(I’m talking about you champers and brie), do I bounce up to my original weight, a 36 hr. fast always gets it back down in the 3 lb. range and then just eating normally, which is IFing most days for me, it will drift down further, sometimes as much as 6 lbs. Its a scale thing I am starting to believe, my clothes don’t fit any worse on the bounce ups now. In fact, some of the smaller clothes I bought right after hitting goal weight are loose now.

JULY 2019 Weight Maintenance Check In
(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2

Thanks @collaroygal!

I was really struggling last month, but am back on track now. I tracked for a week and that was helpful. I have learned that going over on fat ain’t no thang. It has to be the blueberries that get me. Where are you, raspberry season?! I’m not done tracking, I will again for a bit. But I had a long weekend where tracking would have been hard. I did still keep keto. No cheats or anything. Just food that would be hard to put in a tracker. I’m writing this here and now to remind myself to get back to tracking now that I’m back home.

Sleep continues to be an issue. I swear, I want to fix it about 20 hours out of the day. Just not the four hours I need to be in bed before I am. But I’ve had a long weekend of good sleep times, so hope to keep that train rolling. I bought a new sleep aid with valerian and magnesium and it seems to knock me out pretty quick.

Regardless… I’m back to my old goal weight, hoping to shift it down so that my high weight for the month is where it is now, and my low weight is about 7 pounds lower.

But even where I am now, it feels so much better than where I was last month. Right now I have more fat about the tum and thighs than I would want in an ideal world. but I’m also at a place I believe is healthy, charts-be-damned. Have those few extra pounds that may be protective in later years. I just don’t believe I’m in those later years yet. Especially now that I’m keto and feel so good.

I don’t know. But anyway,t I’m much better off than before I lost 40+ pounds. There is unnecessary quibbling about weight loss vs metabolic health. Since when are they not the same damn thing? Sure, I had no signs of diabetes and, yes, I was worried about how I looked at 40ish pounds overweight. But more than anything I see keto as preventative medicine. In my case.

(John) #3

I am hoping to join you folks in this thread next year. Well, not THIS thread, August 2019 will be long gone. But one of its successors.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

I went keto for metabolic health, and achieved that goal. In the process I lost 60 lbs. without effort and find maintaining my new weight to be problem. I would look better if I lost another 60, granted, but I am fine at this weight and can do anything I want to do with no problem—something I could not say at my top weight!

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

Never too early to pick up pointers John. You’re welcome to follow the Maintenance Crew as much as you like.

@Paul, can’t remember, do you do Extended fasting = /+3 days? That is what really got the last stubborn lbs. off of my body.

I haven’t done much over 100 hrs. since then, but while I am at a good weight, I can buy clothes off the rack again, dr. is very happy with my weight and everything else at my age, etc. I still think I could loss 5-10 more. Still remember when I was under 120 lbs. in my younger life and ate everything but the kitchen sink. Of course now if the kitchen sink was filled with grains and pasta, I would not have any desire to eat it now.

I would just be working on losing vanity lbs. and I don’t have a high level of vanity these days.

(Wendy) #6

Happy August everyone!
My scale died. No really it did! But I’m not any fatter than I was and my inches are the same or smaller than the last time I measured.
I went to a family camp, had a great time, spent time in and on the lake. I even tubed behind a boat and haven’t done that since high school and I zip lined. And I didn’t cheat and enjoyed all the food I ate.
I’m still making sure to eat fat, trying to make sure I’m consuming enough protein and wishing I had a weight training program. I feel strong but not as strong as I was 5 years ago. I need to sleep a bit more. So that’s where I’m at now.
I did try on some clothes today and fit nicely in a size 4 jeans. I tried taking a selfie but it’s hard to do. I’ll share one just cause I’m kind of proud of the success I’ve had on keto.

(Susan) #7

You look fantastic, Wendy, you should be very proud of yourself. You are a great motivation for me! =).

(Wendy) #8

Awe thanks. I hope to be an encouragement to others. Keto really works for me. (Now I wouldn’t mind gaining a couple pounds if they would fill in my bust though) :grin:

(Susan) #9

Hehe =). That top is very pretty -the design on the arms is nice. Pink is my favourite colour.

(Trudy) #10

After taking a cruise in July I’m happy to say that I’m pretty much within my GW of 63kg, checked in at 62.5kg on my Wednesday weigh in. Did put on a couple of kg but they disappeared quickly when I got back to my now normal way of eating. Keto is the answer to my disordered eating :grinning:

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

@happyheart Glad you took the selfie. I know that feeling when you try on that much of a smaller size and YEA, you rock it. Congrats on the vacation successes too. You are doing a terrific job.

@Nomoreweighting I agree, keto WOE has helped me overcome my yoyoing cycles of disordered eating. I could lose, but always gained back plus those lost lbs. always brought back a few more friends. I am so happy to be off that merrygoround. I love the foods I eat now and hardly miss any of the other things I used to consume regularly. It is very freeing.

(Jane) #12

146.2 this morning so on the low end of my goal weight of 145-150.

Love, love, love keto! Going on a cruise next month and haven’t been on one in over 5 years and not since keto so should be interesting. Never had a sweet tooth so won’t be indulging in any desserts… just have to be careful with my weakness - potatoes. Rice, corn and pasta don’t tempt me and the bread has to be outstanding, which it won’t be.

Not going to stress out over food. Going to enjoy my vacation and eat as much keto as possible just to feel better if nothing else. Fast when I get home to reset.

I’ve been about 5 lbs up from my maintenance weight for this entire month :expressionless: . Luckily, this weight was my actual original goal, but still. I KNOW it can’t be fat because I would have had to change my eating habits to gain fat back, and that hasn’t happened. Plus my measurements haven’t increased. I had an infection (wasn’t sick though - haven’t been sick in almost 3 years!), and then 10 days of antibiotics, so perhaps it’s water weight… but the antibiotics were done 4 days ago, so I’m just anxiously waiting to see how long it will take to get back to normal because the scale number just messes with my head so bad!! Why do I weigh myself? :exploding_head:

(KCKO, KCFO) #14

Good question. If it messes with your head like this maybe you should try not weighing for a set amount of time like once a week or every two weeks, etc.

I weigh daily, but I realize that as long as my clothes fit fine, I am not eating carbage, it is a temporary state. If I was up for a month, I would simply do more fasting, not just my normal IFing. routine.

I have a hard time staying within my goal range during July/Aug. I think it is because we all, not just the bears, etc., have biology that is preparing us for winter famine times. It just appears that way to me I wish someone would do some serious science about that. I am looking forward to autumn, I always find everything easier then.

Well the water weight is slowly leaving me. Lol… just so annoying b/c of the scale obsession. But for anyone else experiencing this and wondering… it does go down. Stupid antibiotics!! Im sure they’re to blame. I’m continuing my probiotic to replenish my microbiome.

(KCKO, KCFO) #16

It’s here, the new thread for Sept. Sorry for the delay.

(Wendy) #17

September is here already?
I’m doing fine. I did put a new battery in my scale… I dropped to 117 for a few hours at least. :blush: I have a screenshot from my weight that shows how volitol weight can be (it’s kinda of like cholesterol, right?). I’ll see if I can add it here. But it’s my weight in the morning and in the afternoon. Just a good reminder that weight gain is not always fat. It’s often water or food in our guts. I feel a bit bony.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #18

I’m doing well this month. I’ve been at 147 or below for a month, which is far longer than I’ve ever gone. My average is now 145.6! I am trying to nudge that weight a little lower, but am quite happy here too.

I was talking with friends earlier today and gesturing quite a bit. Every time my hands touched each other I was reminded how thin they are now. So boney! The rest of me is not boney… just my skelital hands and feet. Got to get used to that again. Someone shook my hand unnecissarily roughly the other day and my ring just about killed me. No more cusioning!

(KCKO, KCFO) #19

Please post in the Sept. thread.

@admins, can I please get this thread closed? I’m not finding away to do that.

(Doug) closed #20