August 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #162

Hello Fasters! I have been absent while I fell off the wagon a bit due to unstructured summertime fun. Alas, my summer is over and I am working every day now (yea?). I’m ready for it, I’m ready (emotionally, not professionally yet) for the kids to come back to school and I’m SUPER ready to get into fasting.

I started a fat fast yesterday to retrain my body. Will start a water fast in a couple of days when I feel like my body is ready.

It’s nice to see you all kicking ass here!!

I love this! I’m going to start doing this before I get out of bed.

It’s so hot this week where I live. Maybe I should fast just so that I can sleep comfortably?

Ditto for me, but I still drink them every once in a while because they just put the brakes on hunger pangs more than anything else. The taste is totally worth it given how quickly my hunger just disappears.

(Not a cow) #163

Finished up at 72 hours. My first over 50 something.

During the day I felt like I could go till tomorrow noon and add another 18 or so, but one thought came into my brain, “I should eat” and right away I made a beeline to the fridge. There was no debate like I use to have when the food choice was sugary and carby, those were back and forth, knock down drag out doozies, but when this ketone functioning brain, wants it’s nourishment, it has no guilt. haha.

(Susan) #164

72 hours is great, Moo, congrats =). By the way, I made and love that chicken pizza recipe you postedso thanks again for that!

(Not a cow) #165

Thanks @momof5, I love that one too, it’s going to be a once a week recipe for me.

(Jason ) #166

Hello all! I had a great evening with my son last night, and started a fast directly after my birthday dinner. I am now on hour 24, and between a walk at lunch and one with my son after work I have traversed 5 miles today on foot power. Feeling great and looking forward to a restful sleep.

It is interesting to hear of everyone’s experiences; for me, when I was on carb heavy eating, i would wake up often and sleep very lightly. Since starting keto, I sleep the sleep of the dead and wake up refreshed, although in general I am in bed an hour less time on keto than before. Add in all of the other side benefits of keto, and I only wish I had found this much earlier in life!

Keep Calm and Keto (or Fast) On!

(Susan) #167

I am glad that you had a lovely evening with your son and had a great birthday, best wishes with the fasting =).

(Jane) #168

28 hours in and going to bed soon. A bit hungry but it’ll be gone by morning.

Great job fasters!

(KCKO, KCFO) #169

Yes, full of electrolytes, I love pickle juice, have since I was two and my mom caught me climbing the fridge shelves to get at the pickle jar.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #170

Hullo, everyone. Back after almost a month.

Great to see all of you doing well on your fasting.

Currently in at 37 h feeling good.
I didn’t gain on vacation even though I never did more than a 24h fast and I slipped at times. (i think cortisol reduction made my belly shrink quite a bit, even)

Happy fasting everyone.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #171

Welcome back. Glad your vacation went well.

(Jason ) #172

Welcome back, and great work over the vacation!

(Tamela Robinette) #173

Starting a new job today and fasting! Woohoo! I did pack a light keto lunch, just in case I get stress hunger! Fast on or if your feasting, feast on!!!

(Bob M) #174

I drink pickle juice on each fast.

(Tamela Robinette) #175

Absolutely! A lot of folks use pickle juice for electrolyte replacement during fasts😁

(Failed) #176

I’ll be breaking my fast at the 48 hour mark today in just about 5 hours. My problem is that I’m not hungry and not looking forward to eating. I must have had too much fat during my last meal.

I think I’ll break it with an avocado and some olives. Hopefully for a 48 hour fast, gastrointestinal issues won’t be a problem like they were when I did a refeed after a 7 day water-only fast.

(Jane) #177

I lied. Well, not about the going to bed part - was in bed. I didn’t get to sleep until almost 1 am - ugh. That happens to me sometimes when fasting.

Almost 42 hours in and only one small hunger wave that has passed.

I’ll be breaking about the time others are joining the Zorn fast but I just don’t fast on the weekends - that is my time to be home and experiment with new keto dishes. And I never break the day I am traveling home, so tomorrow night is my max. Will be 72 hours which I am comfortable with.

KCFO

(Bob M) #178

I always break with at least that day and usually another day before I plan to go anywhere. It takes me 24-48 hours for my digestive system to return to normal.

(Jane) #179

49 hours in and feeling pretty good. Tested my blood and had excellent fasting numbers for autophagy :star_struck:

BG: 67
BK: 6.2
GKI: 0.6
Boz: 10.8

(Susan) #180

Awesome Janie, congrats!!

(Failed) #181

I broke my fast today after 48 hours. Wasn’t interested in eating, but I forced myself. Tried eating an avocado, but it wasn’t ripe enough, so ended up heating leftover ribs in the sous vide for an hour and having that with some pork rinds.

I tried putting Kerrygold butter on the rinds (that’s what I did the day before the fast, and it was gooood), but my body said Nope!.

I didn’t end up having much fat for my meal, but now my metabolism is revved up to the point that my temperature is 99.5, I have ketone mouth, and the ketone stick is dark purple, something I haven’t seen since starting this WOE.

Tomorrow I start another 36-48 hour fast.