August 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Susan) #182

Terrific, Dee. Grats on the 48 hours and good luck on the next leg of your journey.

(Jane) #183

62 hours in and 10 more to go to break my fast. I considered not breaking until I get home tomorrow because I really am not hungry and make the 7-hr drive fasted but then I decided 72 hours was enough. I will get 2 more in before my cruise mid-September.

(Bob M) #184

When did you start taking your temperatures? Do you do this all the time? Whenever I measure my temperatures, they are always ā€œlowā€ and even lower when fasting. But Iā€™ve rarely measured them.

(Failed) #185

I take my temperature first thing every morning (and sometimes during the day if I get bored, LOL) since starting keto. My normal temperature throughout my adult life rarely went above 97.1. Early on in keto, maybe a month or so ago, it was 94.5 one morning, but that only happened once.

Rightly or wrongly, I think it gives me a good indication of what my metabolic rate is.

(Kristin) #186

@Janie well done! Iā€™m 22hrs away from a 63hr fast that I may take longer if I feel like it tomorrow morning. Iā€™m practicing exercising while fasted and learning a lot! Yesterday I did weights and today I ran 5 miles, very slowly however LOL. I love not eating when Iā€™m at work. I have so much more time!

(Failed) #187

OK, no 48 hour fast for me. Apparently I didnā€™t eat enough yesterday, and Iā€™m hungry today, so Iā€™m going to eat an avocado and some pickles. I just ate two strips of bacon as well, nice and fatty. So my fast was 22 hours, not awful.

(Jane) #188

Compared to how we used to eatā€¦ Iā€™d say 22 hours is FANTASTIC!

(Failed) #189

@Janie :heart:
OK, you got me. I was being way too negative. So let me try again:

I did a 22 hour fast!

(Susan) #190

@Janie

You are doing great =) Keep up the good work.

@Kris3

That is great, Kristin, best wishes doing as long as your body wants to do this =).

@DeeCS

You just completed a 48 hour one, you dear lady=). You maybe didnā€™t re-feed enough in between. From what I read you ate on your accountability thread, I donā€™t think that you took in enough calories before you began this fast, so your body is probably like ā€œHey lady, no way, I need foodā€ -you still did well on the 22 hours.
I just know from my own personal experience, it is generally a good idea to properly re-feed our bodies between the fasting periods =).
You have done really great with your Keto journey so far, I am so happy for you, and thrilled for you that you have your hubby on board as well now.

(traci simpson) #191

Did my first 24 hour fast!! Iā€™ve come close before (20-22) but couldnā€™t quite swing it. My meal yesterday was very filling and I ate it late in the afternoon around 1400 and finished around 1440 and I just wasnā€™t hungry. I had tea that night and went to bed and didnā€™t eat again until 1400 today.

(Failed) #192

Good job!

(Bob M) #193

Thatā€™s great!

(Jane) #194

Almost 71 hours in and will be breaking my fast in the next hour or so. Just took by blood numbers and looking great for autophagy.

BG: 54
BK: 7.8
GKI: 0.38
Boz: 7

wow!!

(Jane) #196

My diabetic Dad canā€™t believe my BG can get that low and I still feel good.

Iā€™ve got him to lower his carbs gradually and his BG numbers are improving. He started out to keep the carbs under 100, now heā€™s down to 70. Wonā€™t get into ketosis but thatā€™s the best I can do for now. He doesnā€™t need to lose weight. I also told him to eat as few meals a day as possible and donā€™t snack. That and carbs < 70 wil help improve his blood glucose even if he never goes full keto.

Heā€™s 85 and still brags about all the lean cuts of beef and pork he eats :woman_facepalming:

(Kristin) #197

51 hrs in and sleep ahead. Iā€™ll probably break tomorrow at 63 hrs. This time Iā€™ve been good with hydration and electrolytes and Iā€™ve felt pretty good! Iā€™ve even added exercise! I love the feeling at the close of day 2. All the hard work is behind.

(Carol) #198

Hi all, I finished up my fast today at 89 hours. Yea!

And may I share my most excellent yearly lab results here? I am always concerned about sufficient nutrition when ā€œdietingā€ and now that Iā€™ve included fasting I wasnā€™t sure what to expect. Doctor said results were ā€œstellarā€ and Iā€™m a ā€œvery healthy woman.ā€ But, on his way out of the room he said, ā€œkeep doing what youā€™re doing; avoid fats and keep eating plenty of fruits and vegetables.ā€ ha! I didnā€™t lol until I was out of the office and then I did a happy dance all the way to my car. :slight_smile:

A lot of great fasting going on this month. Congrats everyone!

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #199

Hello Fasters! Tomorrow Iā€™m starting a few weeks of ADF. First day 0 meals, second day 2 meals, repeat!

Itā€™s great to see so many of you holding out for the longer fasts!! This thread is always the best inspiration.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #200

Planning to start my fast after tomorrow. Was hungry tonight so I ate. Hoping to get in a 48hr fast. I might need to rely on water and pickle juice to keep the hunger at bay.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #201

Carol

Oh my. I wish he or she would could know. Maybe someday. But great job. And 89 hrs fasted, great job on that as well.