August 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Mame) #122

I am with you Eric! I started at 530pm today, not eating for meal-less Monday and will probably break fast sometime Tuesday after noon.

Then I may fast on Thursday as well. We shall see. :slight_smile:

My digestive system is a bit cranky this week. I hope it will make it easier to not eat for a couple of days.

(Jason ) #123

Iā€™m partly inā€¦ itā€™s my birthday tomorrow, so my son is taking me out to the local seafood restaurant for dinner. Iā€™m going to fast during the day, have dinner, and then try for 48 or 72 hrs more! Iā€™ll be cheering the rest of you on tomorrow night, and I promise to stay quiet about the birthday meal.

(Susan) #124

Happy Birthday Jason!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #125

Just finished up a 48 hr. fast I had not planned, but I had :face_vomiting: & :poop: issues and just couldnā€™t have eaten if I had wanted to. Glad I used to longer fasts. I refeed tonight with grilled drumsticks and almadine green beans, feeling good again.

I wonā€™t be doing another extended fast again until Wed. for the monthly Zornfast.

(Susan) #126

I am glad that you are feeling better. Take care.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #127

Yuck. I hope you are feeling much better by now.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #128

Just passed 18 1/2 hrs and virtually no hunger today. I think Iā€™m motivated by recent pub med readings and videos from KetoFest2019 and Low Carb San Diego. Iā€™m wanting autophagy and more.

Happy no-meal-Monday people.

(Kristin) #129

No meal Monday today for me. Feeling ok so far. Plan to go 48hrs but 60 would be great.

(Susan) #130

@daddyoh

That is great, Eric, good luck on your fast!

@Kris3

Good luck Kristin =).

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #131

48 is my minimum. But I love the weirdness of sleeping fasted that It is usually easy to take it to 58 to 60+ for me.

(Mame) #132

Sigh. I thought meals were not included with my work shop today. But I was wrong So at 19h I had some ā€¦ ketoā€¦ stuff.

Oh well started right fasting at 1pm

(Jane) #133

Hello fellow fasters! Iā€™ll be starting my 72-hour fast this evening after dinner. Water, black coffee, salt.

KCFO

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #134

You go Jane!

(Not a cow) #135

On hour 45 right now, and trying to get through the evening on my way to my first 72 hour fast. Would like to continue this to 90 hours to Wednesday aft., but the biggest challenge right now is getting past 7 p.m. tonight. My mind has me wrapped around itā€™s little finger whenever food comes into my thoughts. I need to learn how to zone out my brain.

(KCKO, KCFO) #136

I go up to a bedroom upstairs and stream movies or read on my kindle. Being so far removed from the kitchen and not seeing any tv ads sure helps me stay on track through the evenings even if I am just doing IFing.

(Bob M) #137

Sleeping and fasting is all over the map for me. Sometimes, I sleep great. Other times, I get up way early (though Iā€™m usually not tired, oddly, during the day). And this happens even for 36 hours (my attempt today), but seems to get slightly worse for the longer, multiple day fasts. In other words, my sleep at 24 hours might be OK, but by 3 + days, it usually is shorter.

The main given for me for fasting is that I will be colder, sometimes requiring me to put on extra clothes at night or throwing on a blanket.

(Carol) #138

For me when I get to this time, I remind myself that bedtime is just a few hours away and thatā€™s a free additional 8-10 hours of fasting. Itā€™s a mental game I play with myself - Iā€™m very frugal and free appeals to meā€¦a lot. :slight_smile:

Hi fellow fasters, I remembered today is meal less Monday. And, Iā€™m off meds for the time being so can actually do a nice water fast. Almost 21 hours in.

Happy fasting everyone!

(Not a cow) #139

Iā€™m very frugal and free appeals to meā€¦a lot. :slight_smile:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Free is good, I understand that for sure. heh heh heh

(Not a cow) #140

Thatā€™s a good plan @collaroygal, except I think I would feel too isolated, like ā€œlock me up and throw away the keyā€ haha.

Funny thing is I will be fine, and think that I have managed to make it, and while reading the forum, Iā€™ll just have a quick thought of usually something in my fridge, and then my reaction, is ā€œlets go do itā€. Tonight, all food is :cold_face: completely frozen !

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #141

I get colder and do put on extra clothes and have a spare blanket if needed.

Same on the quality / length of sleep. I usually dream most nights but the get very vivid when fasting.