August 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Jason ) #102

Just got home from work, and 46 hours in. I have hit a new personal best for me in terms of ketones in the blood! I typically bounce around between 0.7 and 1.1, and that is with OMAD. Tonight I am up at 1.9, with a blood glucose of 75, giving me my new low GKI of 2.19. I am feeling a bit tired, but just drank some water and going for a walk with my son in the sun to perk me up. I think I will extend this out another 24 and see how I go!

(Susan) #103

Awesome Jason!!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #104

You go Jason.

Hey everyone! Iā€™m new to these fasting threads on thus forum, but I used to be a member over at IDM for a while. Will be joining you all for a 72 hour fast starting tonight!

(KCKO, KCFO) #106

Welcome to the fasting support thread MTullius.

There is also a monthly fast thread, this is Julyā€™s thread. Brenda Zorn who now works for IDM is the creator of the Zornfast. Please join in, it is always the 3rd Thursday of the month and goes through Sunday. (unless a really major holiday falls on the date, then an alternate start day will get posted).

I havenā€™t fasted for a while (EF that is, I usually IF daily with OMAD or TMAD) and decided itā€™s time to jump back in. Iā€™m on day 2 of a 3 day fast (41 hours in) and feel fantastic. Usually the second day is the absolute worst for me, but not today (yesterday was crave-y and I had more hunger pangs than today). I think Iā€™ll do alternate-day next week on Tuesday and Thursday. Then I might ratchet up for a 4 or 5 day (5 days is the longest Iā€™ve done so far).

Cheers to all my fellow fasters.

(Mame) #108

Ended my daily fast at about 26.5 hours.

I am liking my numbers for such a short fast: bg=79, bk=4.6, gki=0.95

Stress level is pretty high, but I am also feeling like my self care is pretty good right now. My inner toddler pouted all through Costco because of all the stuff she couldnā€™t have. :wink:

Another 24 hour or so has been started. Congrats to all who are doing so well!!

(Carol) #109

Okay, 52 hours in but it is not a water fast now. Iā€™m not sure itā€™s a fast at all but Iā€™m going to continue. I was concerned about taking an antibiotic without probiotics so had about 1/4 cup of sauerkraut this afternoon. While I was at it had some collagen in my coffee for my vintage bones. Sometimes it just feels good not to be weighed down with a lot of food.

A lot of successful fasters this month!!

(Jason ) #110

I checked my calendar and have blood work to do tomorrow, so broke my fast this morning at 60 hours in. I was really wanting to go to 72, but fasting for three days going into my blood test probably would have given some poor results. Ah well, I feel great for the 60 hours in, and will eat plenty of keto foods today to prepare for the test tomorrow. Glad to hear of everyoneā€™s sucesses this month!

(Susan) #111

Congrats on doing the 60 hours, Jason, that is still really great. I hope that your tests go well with the doctor.

(KCKO, KCFO) #112

Just remember nothing but water for 12-14 hrs. before the draw. Eat well today! But stop in time this evening to have that fasting window.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #113

What @collaroygal says. Coffee will raise your triglycerides. Donā€™t go low fat 1 to 3 days before you fast unless you normally do. Low fat will push your lipids higher.

(Jason ) #114

Thanks to you both. My plan is water fast for 12 hours up to the draw, which is going to just about kill me as I normally have 3-4 cups of coffee as I watch the news and get caught up. That first cup after the blood draw is going to be good!

(Mame) #115

I love hearing how organized everyone is about their blood tests.

I am at 18 hours and will probably only go to 22-23. Feeling good.
numbers this morning: bg=80, bk=3.4, gki=1.39

wishing all well!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #116

I posted about this in my accountability thread: https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/erics-accountability-thread/90144/28?u=daddyoh

Fasters this is a really important talk by Megan Ramos (IDM) on fasting and lean muscle mass. I suggest you give this talk a go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD-TnAp1ZgQ jump to 12:36 when she starts.

(Susan) #117

In honour of my 1 year aniversary on this forum I am going to do a fast of indeterminate length. So glad I found you all.

(Susan) #118

Congrats on 1 year Forum anniversary Susan!!

(Mame) #119

Happy Friday fasting (if that is your thing today)

I broke my fast last night at 25 hours, bg=76, bk=4.7, gki=0.9
I then ate and enjoyed chicken curry and 4 onion/chickpea fritters from the Himalayan restaurant. Very yummy.No rice as rice seems to hate me.

I will probably be 2mad this weekend and will hopefully come roaring back for meal-less Monday! Great weekend all!

(KCKO, KCFO) #120

Happy Ketovesary. We are glad you found us, too. You are helpful to others and bring a lot of good energy to the forum. Congrats!!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #121

Hello team fasters. Started my weekly EF at 6pm. Iā€™m hoping to get to 68+ hrs. So far no social barriers in the way. I hope it stays that way.

What are your plans for fasting this week?