August 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Shane) #21

Thanks Susan.
One advantage of her going keto is I don’t have to put off starting a fast because she did a big shop and the fridge is full of fresh food I need to eat. She can eat it for me while I fast :slight_smile:
And, hopefully, she won’t die before I do.

(Susan) #22

Being Keto together will hopefully result in you growing old together in health and happiness as well =)).

(KCKO, KCFO) #23

I didn’t get to start my fast last night, so I am just going to be doing OMAD until next Wed. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

I hope everyone is doing well with their fasts today.

Thanks for opening this thread Eric.

(Kristin) #24

@Momof5, @Janie I’ve started taking PS100 to help with sleep when fasting 2+ days and it’s a game changer. Heard about it on Peter Attia’s podcast, The Drive.

(Susan) #25

Wow, I just looked it up and it is like 4 times the price of the Melatonin that I take, so I think I will stick with that, but if that works for you and you like it, that is great =).

I always try and do everything as budget tightly as I can is all. What are the advantages of that particular supplement?

(Carol) #26

Happy times, I fasted 12 hours for my yearly blood work and then decided to carry that out to 62 hours. So that finished off July nicely.

Not so happily, I’m still fighting a sinus infection and have new meds. But, happily they don’t have to be taken with food so shouldn’t interfere with TRE or even if I’m not hungry and want to skip a day.

And since I don’t have an accountability thread, I’m just going to post here that today is my one year ketoversary! I’m over the moon at how great I’ve been feeling and I’ve tied the lowest weight of my adult life back in my 20s. When my tummy flattens a bit more, I’ll move to maintenance. All in all, a great year! /personal story :slight_smile:

Happy August fasting everyone! I hope to join you soon.

(Susan) #27

Congratssss Carol that is great.

Grats on your 62 hour fast as well, and I hope that you will feel better soon, take care.

(Carol) #28

Thank you, Susan. I actually feel pretty good it’s just this on-and-off drippy nose thing that is sooooo inconvenient. lol

(Susan) #29

Okay, well I am sure it will be over soon enough with the medications. You did very well continuing your Fast while not feeling 100 percent still.

Have been missing from here for a bit- had a slip & after that haven’t been able to get back into fasting- tried Michael Mosely’s fast800 diet for a week or 2 with keto several times, mixing things up & that’s helped- finally have managed 2x 36hrs fasts this week…nothing like the longer ones I’ve done before, but it’s a start!! & 4lbs lost in one week!
Keep strong…

Forgot to say the tips to help with sleep are useful, thanks- I have trouble sleeping when fasting!

(Susan) #32

This is still good!

and this is great! Congrats.

Hi all, looks like a great start to August for everyone. I broke last night at 118 hrs…longest one yet. Yesterday I was a little dizzy in the morning, got through it and broke fast after work. Planning on refeed and fasting after dinner tomorrow. Not sure how long, I did my work week last week. Was thinking about keeping that up, however will see. Lol
Will be looking forward to all the support, such a great group.
Happy Fasting

(John) #34

I guess I did an unplanned 24-hour fast yesterday through this morning, so that counts.

Had breakfast yesterday, worked a long day and just didn’t eat. Got home about 9:00 PM and decided to not eat before bedtime, had breakfast today.

I may go for a 36-hour sometime later this month. I’ll just have to see. I never really plan these things.

Fasting is kind of scary to me

Sigh. People have been told to look at the Tri:HDL ratio for decades. Why-oh-why won’t the medical profession catch up? But it’s good that you know!

This is the best, when you can just go along in life and not worry about eating!

I’m about 37 hours along in a fast. I had a brutal headache this morning. I’m sure it’s because I ran out of potassium which I try to take every day and haven’t the last two days. I went to get an Advil to take for my headache and discovered a spare bottle of potassium! 20 minutes later and my headache is easing up. It makes you wonder how often in life we reach for a bottle of Advil, when it’s really something else our bodies need.

I’ll stop this evening since I’m going out to dinner. I suspect dinner will involve too many carbs. Fasting again tomorrow will certainly help get all that extra sugar out of my system, but it might just make me fake hungry. I could be setting myself up for failure, so I may just plan on eating tomorrow and fasting on Sunday.

(Susan) #36

Big congrats, Tee, that is great =). Make sure you do a big calorie eating before you do it again. I did a 72 back to back with only a tin of salmon between and was rather ill, so just telling you from experience is all =).

(Susan) #37

This is awesome that you found that, and I hope that you feel better and that you can enjoy your meal out this evening.

(KCKO, KCFO) #38

Welcome back Tee2. 118 hrs. is terrific.

Thanks…will do. I eat good portions…it sometimes shocks people. Lol

Thanks good to have time to be back on here for support. It’s my night time reading material.