August 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #222
Time (hr) BG BK GKI Notes
T0 83 0.9 5.1 supper last night
T1 89 0.8 6.2
T2 89 2.0 2.5
T3 94 2.6 2.0 drank 2tbsp ACV
T12 87 1.2 4.0 30m after waking

(Katie) #223

Hi! Iā€™m new to this forum but have been keto for a month the or so now. The last couple weeks I havenā€™t been as hungry so have shifted to omad and tmad. Today I just completed my first 70 hour fast. Was aiming for 72, but everything in the kitchen was sorta screaming at me lol. Iā€™m planning on feasting tomorrow, then starting adf for a couple weeks possibly. Iā€™ve heard ya gotta switch things up to keep your body guessing, so was wondering how long sustaining an adf schedule would be wise for. Or would adding a 48 hour fast on the weekend be enough to switch the schedule up? Thanks for your advice in advance!

(Jane) #224

You just need to experiment and find out for yourself!

Everyoneā€™s body and metabolism reacts differently so you need to figure out what works for you.

(Not a cow) #225

ADF starting last night. Will eat M,W,F,S and Will fast S,T,and T. This time Iā€™ll try using BPCā€™s on the morning of my eat days, but other than that, I will continue with OMAD for M, W, but on Friday and Saturday will up that to TMAD. Saturday was a 2800 Kcal TMAD day, with 200+ grams of fat. Donā€™t usually start out that heavy but what the heck havenā€™t made a fast past Tuesday on previous attempts, so maybe this will help. Iā€™ll check back in here on Friday. My plan is to do this for two weeks to close out the end of August on a losing note.

(Failed) #226

Started a 42 hour fast yesterday. Iā€™m on hour 16.
CORRECTION, I did an 18 hr fast today.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #227

My ADF experiment is going well so far. I got in 2 good meals yesterday and am back to fasting today. Tomorrow I have a full day of meetings - retch! I want to take my 2 meals at 9 or 10 and then again at 3 or 4. We break for lunch at 12:30 from the meeting marathons, so I think Iā€™ll just have to slip out at 9:30 or so and just disappear for 20 min so that I can have my first meal. Per usual, they are buying us lunch to make up for the 8 hours of non-stop meetings, and thereā€™s no chance there will be anything I could eat anyway. In lieu of using the blur feature, Iā€™ll let you imagine what carbage a broke school district buys to feed 200 staff.

Welcome to the forums!! I hope that you love being here as much as I do, thereā€™s so much to learn here! You can ADF as long as you want so long as you are getting plenty to eat on your eating days. If you ADF and eat lightly on your eating days, that might slow weight loss down over the long run.

Have a great day everyone!! KCFO!!

(Mame) #228

this upcoming week ā€“ fasting plans

start fasting sometime Sunday eve and then have meal-less Monday! return to eating Tuesday afternoon.

I am in a training all day (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) and I am determined to not get thrown off my fasting horse even if they cater in some silly meal. I am planning for something to derail my plans and still fast on Monday.

I am hoping this works. :thinking:

I will be taking a weekend trip by plane so I am also hoping to fast from Thursday eve until sometime Saturday as Friday is one of my plane travel daysā€¦
we shall see. At this point I would be happy if I donā€™t get derailed on Monday.

Ugh I hope the training is not full of junk food.

I know some are currently fasting this weekend. cheering you all on!

Anyone else have plans for the upcoming week?

Yes!! Iā€™m going to be fasting tomorrow, then probably OMAD for the rest of the week, though if I can figure out one more 48hr fast in there Iā€™ll be happy (I just need it to fit into my familyā€™s scheduleā€¦).

Right now Iā€™m trying to fit in 48s whenever I can but my long-term plan is 6 meals per week :grin:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #230

Iā€™m about 43 hours in.
BG: 60
BK: 3.7
GKI: 0.90

Iā€™m feeling good!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #231

If I feel okay tomorrow Iā€™ll go for 45 or so hours. Earlier today was a little under the weather. Okay for right now.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #232

Broke my fast at 47hrs.
BG 53
BK 3.6
GKI 0.8

Iā€™m not going to try for longer until I have a CGM.

(Carol) #233

I will do a meal less Monday and see where I can go from there. I donā€™t know why but I find ADF more difficult than a 3 day EF but one of these days Iā€™d like to complete one.

(Jason ) #234

Iā€™m in for 48 hours at least, starting last night. I am a bit sleepy this morning, but have group meetings most of the day so it will go quickly. Today will be easy, and then getting through the normal meal time in the evening will be my challenge. I have a meal or two for my son in the fridge already, so no prep required! Enjoy the start to your week, everyone.

(Mame) #235

Well I found out training is providing snacks and lunch. sigh It is good to know ahead of time for sure. No one asked about meal preferences so I assume it will be crappy which will be helpful as long as it is not boxes of warm pizza!

I am at 15 hours of 44 hours or soā€¦by the numbers:
bg=81, bk=2.2, gki=2.04

I am hoping for a magical Monday for all of us whether fasting or feeding.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #236

Happy Monday Fasters!

My ADF experiment is going brilliantly. Iā€™m really preoccupied with work, and I love that I know exactly when I am eating, and when I am fasting for the next 2 weeks. Itā€™s a relief to not have to think about it.

The other thing Iā€™m experimenting with is eating both meals earlier, so that on fasting days it doesnā€™t seem so weird to not eat in the evening.

I fasted yesterday without much discomfort at all, and I am looking forward to 2 meals today.

@daddyoh I hope you are feeling better.
@cervyn Itā€™s unbelievable the snacks that get provided at trainings. Equally unbelievable how people jump on them like theyā€™ve been fasting for a week!

KCFO!!

Iā€™ll join you on at least 48 hours! I definitely feel like I am at the point where I need to step up the fasting and the carnivore to break through my last plateau. I am only about 20 lbs from my goal after 55 lbs loss.

(Katie) #238

Hello everybody! Just checking in! Today will be my first fasting day of the adf routine. I made sure to eat plenty yestarday, but maintained the window of 2-8 PM that Iā€™m hoping to adhere to. I plan on breaking my fast tomorrow at noon or 2, depending on when I NEED to eat. Since I started keto back in early July, Iā€™ve officially lost 16 pounds. Iā€™m surprised to see that i didnā€™t regain the 3 pounds I lost on my EF. Iā€™ve also reaped the benefit of less inflammation, ie no more carpal tunnel or tennis elbow which has been a here and there annoyance for a couple years now. I work a fairly strenuous job which takes its toll on me lol.
Iā€™ve also plenty of energy and much less muscle fatigue than in the first few weeks of keto, despite the fasting. The guy I work with keeps asking me ā€œhow are you not hungry all the time?ā€ Its a great feeling to work like an animal yet be fasting. Hope everyone else is having a great Monday morning as well!

Yes. But I keep having plans and then failing at them, so I really need to figure out whatā€™s going on there.

Happy fasting everyone!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #240

Rough early am sleep. Not fasting. Going to take a break for several weeks because of some family plans that will be fun. Will stay keto.

(KCKO, KCFO) #241

My Zornfast turned into an experiment in OMAD, will continue doing that til Wed. to finish up, it is actually harder to plan for it turns out.

I am planning to do ADF starting after dinner on Wed. The idea of not having to plan/think about food for a whole day seems great, especially since I can eat whatever I feel like the next day. I think that plan can work for me.