Attempting a 24 hr fast starting......now! Play by play starts....now!

(April Harkness) #1

Ok… just to keep myself accountable, going to post it here. I will reach the 24 hr fast mark at 12:30pm. Good thing (or bad thing) is that today I am not on the floor. usually I am on the floor keeping busy. Today is paperwork. Whenever I have a craving or I want to give in, I am going to put down what I will do to make it pass.

Right now sipping on coffee, time is 8:54. Hungry but manageable.

Keto fact for the day- had no idea that the Salisbury steak is named after Dr. Salisbury (that is what I hope to break my fast with. )A Salisbury egg and cheese patty with Salisbury steak as my “bread”.

10:15- hungry. Coffee done. Drinking some h20 and went into the locker room for a quick 20 kettlebell swings/10 pushups . hunger went away for now!

Almost made it…but my Salisbury steak sandwich was calling my name… I will insert pic below so you can see why I had break my fast early. Went to the 23 hr and 15 min mark at 11:45am.

(Susan) #2

You can do this no problem, April, I have total confidence in you, you are amazing =).

(April Harkness) #3

For some reason doing a 24 hr fast early in the am ( I usually eat at 8:30 or 9 am for my Omad and then fast again till the next morning) is EASY for me. Easy peasy. But doing it from afternoon to afternoon or evening to evening is extremely hard. Might be a psychological thing. I am not sure…but I will try to power through!

(Susan) #4

Best Wishes… I find eating extra salt when fasting helps me personally, if that helps at all =).

(Bob M) #5

How do you combine exercise with OMAD? That is, when do you exercise and when do you eat?

I used to be able to fast 4.5+ days while exercising a few hours. This was a few years ago. Now, I don’t even attempt any exercise while fasting that long. I’m trying to fast 4.5 days this week, and I might end Friday morning with lifting; we’ll have to see. But I also know that I can eat right after that.

(April Harkness) #6

I train at 6am… I eat my Omad meal around 8:30 -10:30am.

(Bob M) #7

That makes sense. When I work out, I do something similar, lift/HIIT at about 6:30-7:30am, then can make it until after 10am before eating. (Although I eat TMAD usually on the days I eat.)

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #8

You can do it!
Great job!

(April Harkness) #9

Broke fast an hour early for this -

(Susan) #10

Congrats on 23 hours and that looks yummy =).

(April Harkness) #11

So i did 2 -24 hr fasts in a row. Both very easy because i just had no time to eat. Yesterday, an emergency happpened at work. Not supposed to be a 24 hr fast day. Was supposed to be my norm 20-22 hr. But emergency delayed it. And ate right at the 24 hr mark! Today i was busy at gym and then after i bought gifts for my boyfriends sober anniversary! It is now 24 hours exactly. I was going to break my fast at my norm 20 hr mark…but life got in the way. Did not even notice i had made it to 24 hrs. Lol. When i dont plan for a 24 hr fast. Easy peasy. When i decide to go beyond 20-22 by preplanning. Not so much. Proves alot of this is psychological. Btw- . Still not hungry. Hmm…i may extend this fast a bit more.

(Susan) #12

Very awesome, April, congrats =).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #13

You’re doing great!