Ate non keto meal yesterday

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(Ken) #22

I once went two weeks of eating carbs. I didn’t intentionally overeat ,just kind of shifted back to carbs while reducing fat. When I went back to my fat based pattern I was back to my starting weight once glycogen was depleted. I was tired of carbs and really missing fat by then.

(Wendy) #23

I haven’t done that yet but I’ve only been eating keto for 9 months. The funny thing is I’m at my lowest weight as of this morning. Wierd right?
Tomorrow I’ll probably be higher. :confused:

(Running from stupidity) #24

Yeah, look at this…

Weird. Might need to do another EF to shake this loose a bit, no idea what’s happening, I appear to be doing everything the same as before.

(Wendy) #25

I’ve seen similar in my weight loss journey as well. I do the same thing with fasting or I eat a bit more for a day or two. I tend to under eat so that is my reasoning for eating more. I’ve never done more than about 32 hours though.

I’ve been for 4 weeks on keto and only started slowly to lose some fat about a few days ago. I’ve been in ketosis for a while, but I am not even close to being fat adapted. So I planned to stick to keto on Thanksgiving and failed miserably. First, I did not have time to weigh and measure everything I ate. Second, I had to cook a lot of traditional non-keto food and I licked a spoon here and there. Third, a guest brought an exceptionally good wine and I could not resist the second glass. I guess, I still might have stayed under 20 g net carbs (under 30 is for sure), but some of the carbs were bad and also I had more protein and less fat than I should on keto. Does it mean that I ruined the 4 weeks of strict keto and all the journey starts from the beginning?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #27

No, just get back on the horse.

Thanks! I’ve just counted everything I ate and it looks like I had 25 g net carbs (but some of them were bad), 60 g fat and 62 g protein. I mean, not very good, but probably not a disaster.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #29

25 net carbs is nothing to worry about. I am usually at 25-30 a day. I would like to go even lower on the carbs, but just get too darn hungry! I’ve followed the ketogenic diet for seven months and have gotten excellent results, so I don’t beat myself up about it. Actually some days I eat only meat, and when I have just meat and vegetables my ketones jump. But for this diet to be sustainable for me personally, I include cheese, nuts and berries.