At the Bar - what do you order now?

(Monica “Monster Jean” Wendel) #1

I used to LOVE me a Bulleit Bourbon & Ginger Beer. I’ve been experimenting to find a naturally low carb cocktail that makes me happy. So far I’m liking the “Pickle Back” whiskey neat with a pickle juice chaser.
Also a good extra dry dirty martini is sublime. The salt and brine is good for keeping balanced electrolytes while imbibing too :slight_smile: If I’m in a more bubbly mood, I really like the White Claw 4g carbs per can

So.... Can i have a drink or 2?
(TJ Borden) #2

Gin and soda.

I used to mostly drink beer and on the rare occasion I’d order liquor, I’d order a gin and tonic. There was always a flavor that I wasn’t real fond of and I assumed it was the gin, and the tonic was there to mask it. Turns out, I didn’t really like tonic. Gin is delicious.

At the bar I just order gin and soda. At home, I mix it with lime la croix.

(Monica “Monster Jean” Wendel) #3

YUM!! That sounds refreshing! I went fancy the other night and had a martini with cucumber and basil. Cucumber goes really well with gin. Who’d-a thought?

(Liz ) #4

Nice! I order tequila on the rocks with real lime juice & a salt rim.

At home I make it with seltzer, my own jalapeño infused tequila, and a splash of orange bitters.

Or I order bourbon & lemon juice on the rocks. Sometimes I’ll say “A totally unsweet whiskey sour.”

(TJ Borden) #5

I’ll have to try it with cucumber. I’ll have to try it at home or at a fancy place. The dive bar I usually go to would laugh me out to the street if I asked for cucumber in a drink.

Pickle juice chaser? This is genius, never would have occurred to me to ask for that! I usually get a dirty martini with blue cheese stuffed olives, or gin and diet tonic (I bring my own sugar free mixers as I’m not a fan of plain soda). Purse bacon, purse mixers, we have to come prepared!

(Cristian Lopez) #7

im really young and should not be talking bout this but …ive herd alot about jack daniels and diet soda (;

(Stan Brooks) #8

I’ve always been a straight whiskey guy.

(Monica “Monster Jean” Wendel) #9

BAHAHA ya my neighborhood corner bar can manage a pickle back or a can of white claw (whick gets me some flack as they’re used to me being a PBR & whiskey girl) definately save the foofoo drinks for home or fussier establishments :smiley:

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

I don’t do cocktails but when I do now it is a lemon drop without the sugar syrup, extra squeeze of lemon please. I get a strange look but it works for me. I don’t do bars much anymore, but unless it is a true wine bar, the wine is going to be lame, I ask for that.

At home dry wine is my preferred alcohol. I do lots of sprizers with La Croix lime or lemon these days with dry red or white wine. Dry red wine with a chocolate fat bomb is a great dessert at our house now.

(Trish) #11

Rusty nail or 40 Creek Spike on the rocks.

(Mike W.) #12

Bourbon neat.

(Karl L) #13

Bourbon neat, Single Malt neat, or Captain Morgan and Diet Coke. A friend made pickle backs this past summer…hideous!

(matt ) #14

Vodka soda with a twist of lime.

Gin and soda, single in a tall glass. Gin or vodka martini, extra dirty. Whiskey neat. These are a few of my favorite things.

(Rob) #17

Dark rum and diet Coke.

Shots are always good.

I make mixed drinks at home now using different flavors of tazo tea’s, sugar free Red Bull & tequila. Mmm

(Joanna) #19

Vodka soda here as well–preferably with a nicer vodka–like grey goose or belvedere. Or a glass of red wine :slight_smile:

(Monica “Monster Jean” Wendel) #20

Well, not the song s stuck in my head, but I like your style! :wink:

Unfortunately none… but if I were, it would be scotch.

Trying to heal a fatty liver, so staying away from Alcohol for now.