Argh! tracking! but also great recipe link

lamb
recipe
tracking

Just venting for a sec here. I’ve been interested in paleo/ancestral/LC food and health research for a very long time, have read a ton and experimented a lot on myself. I’m strong and healthy and can fast easily - so all good, no complaints, and the further I’ve gone down this rabbit hole, the better I’ve felt and looked.

I got interested in keto this spring and gradually cut out most of my (remaining) large sources of carbs. So no more rice with my stew, I skip the potatoes that are often part of our meals, and I nudged my chocolate to even higher/darker percentages, but otherwise I have been doing what would very charitably be called lazy keto.

Well, I finally decided to actually track my macros for a few months since I suspect I’m used to higher protein than I need, and probably higher carbs than I should have. I’m on Cron-o-meter, which is terrific, but ahhhh - tracking is so tedious!! and I’ve just barely started. I guess once most of your favorite foods are in the site, it’s easier? :tired_face:

Mostly I’m venting about that but I also wanted to pass on the lovely news that a delicious recipe my husband often makes, that everyone in my family LOVES (and that’s quick and easy to make) turns out to be a great keto meal centerpiece. It’s relatively high in protein but I’m sure that all of you who are more diligent about macros know how to fit meat-based meal beautifully into your eating, and probably fattier cuts of lamb work even better in terms of fat/protein grams.

Nigel Slater Roast Lamb Tomatoes and Coconut

The creamed coconut is shelf stable before it’s opened and we have a huge pack of unopened boxes in the pantry plus usually an open on in the fridge - so it’s always on hand - so the only fresh ingredients to buy are lamb, tomatoes and (if you want) cilantro for garnish.