Are there any doctors that support extended water fasts in the UK?

(Mike Ratcliffe) #1

I am on day 9 of a 53 day water fast and am documenting my progress on my YouTube Channel. I can only do 53 days at the moment because I have work commitments around that time and need to be able to eat and drink with my colleagues.

I have lost 10.5 kg (23 lbs) so far.

Another reason I need to pause my fast at that point is that airplane toilets are made for Barbie dolls and I ain’t no Barbie doll. I tend to have a lot of bile goes through me when I fast so a toilet always needs to be close by.

Besides, I can’t reach to wipe!

Whenever anybody of us go on a prolonged water fast we are told only to do it under a doctor’s supervision.

The problem is that in the UK most doctors are under the NHS so they have to stick to the NHS guidelines that water fasting is bad and portion control is king.

Does anybody know any doctor in the UK that supports water fasting, particularly long term? I would especially like to find one close to Corby, Northamptonshire if possible.

By doctor I guess I mean either a medical doctor or somebody respected in the fasting community e.g. Dr Berg is one of our most respected “doctors” but he is really a chiropractor.

I guess any doctor in the world would do as long as they can use Skype.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Dr. Jason Fung, the Canadian nephrologist, has become a fasting guru in North America. His Web site is called Intensive Dietary Management.