April 2018 Weight Maintenance Check-in thread

weightmaintenance

(Karen Parrott) #1

Although I’m about 2 pounds above my BEST weight, this is my second best maintenance range.

What’s working

1. Keeping really stable all March 2018
  2. Going back to every day 16:8 fasting
  3. Tracking
  4. Adding oily fish (yellow canned tuna) back into my food template.
  5. Managing another stressful month.

Hope you are all well. I look forward to hearing from you, no matter what. It is what it is.

(Karen) #2

I love to hear how to maintain. Someday…wishes

K

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

Keeping it tight, good for you.

I just had a bounce to the top of my acceptable range. Not a huge surprise, I have been fasting less, mostly just some IFing for the last couple of weeks. I plan to do up to 48 hrs., 36hr. would be ok with me, too.

I have been n=1ing with cutting dairy out, I am not seeing an benefits to doing that so I might add back in yogurt at least and see how that goes.

I mix tuna and sardines for a seafood salad type lunch. I make tuna salad as normal but add in a can of sardines. Lots of good omega3 that way. I eat it wrapped in romaine leaves, so yummy.

(Karen Parrott) #4

I’ll tell you what, most of us will spend more time in long term weight maintenance rather than in weight loss.

Weight maintenance is what should be talked about. I found it very much different from weight loss. It’s a skill, habit, behavior, critical thinking along with the diet and lifestyle for many of us.

Almost a Root Cause Analysis, process improvement. Rinse and repeat.

Anytime you are looking to maintain your weight, even if not at goal, pop in and ask with the “Weight Maintenance Q&A” in the topic header and during my 2+ hour commute I’ll respond on my non driving days in the vanpool. So will others so you can pick and choose your strategy based on someone who is closely matched to your situation.

Here’s a pro-tip. Start planning your weight maintenance plan about 20 pounds before you hit your best weight or body comp goal. Because planning is everything in maintenance. (for me anyway)

Best wishes !

(Karen) #5

At some point in Sept. I want to try and lock in the loss. Thanks. I’ll let you know!

K

(Troy) #6

Omega 3’s😃
Yeah! Great Job
Glad you mentioned the above. Once, I went back to sardines ( topped w pink salt ) again, I noticed right away AGAIN, all the benefits !!!

Hi all! Checking in!

Feeling more comfortable and confident about maintenance each month.

Weight stable this month, and feeling stronger with workouts.

Got my labs done Friday- A1c was 5.3 (my best). HOMA scores and Tg/HDL ratio good too.

Wishing all maintainers (or those close to it) well! :grinning:

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

Hey that is all so awesome, rock on.

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

Planning on doing a 36 hr. fast starting tonight after dinner, Then after Wed.'s dinner start the monthly Zornfast.

Anyone else doing some fasting to stay on track? I like to do that to keep from going above my range’s high weight.

Also I read the book recommended by @gradengrilkp I liked it and really related to the idea of what the author called your Scream Weight. You see that number and you scream and start doing something about it. Better to battle a couple of lbs./kgs. than a lot of them.

(Pete A) #10

Ketoing on…working on body recomposition.

DrawPagel

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

Kinda quiet over here. How is the Maintenance Crew doing these days?

I had gotten into the top of my desired range, so I did the Zorn fast 82 hrs.and then did a follow up after 1 full day of refeeding for 42 hrs. I am back in the middle of that range and that is where I want to reside. So for, so good this month.

I read a book on maintaining your weight that Karen recommended on another thread, I found a couple of good ideas in it, and found I am already doing a lot of what she recommends.

I can’t imagine a 36 hour fast, as I’m a binge eater (recovering daily).
What do you consume in a 36 hour fast, just water?
Do you find a change in energy levels?
When the fast is done, do you want to eat everything in sight?
Best of luck to you.

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

I consume water, coffee/hwc, occasionally if I have some freshly made bone broth I will have that instead of the coffee.

My energy is good and I actually do better in my Body Flex classes while fasted at least 18 hrs.

No I don’t want everything in sight, I just eat one of my normal meals if it is only 36-48 hrs. fast. If longer I have a lettuce salad w/fatty dressing about an hr. before a meal, or olives if I have those around, I find they worked really well for me breaking an extended fast.

I used to believe I was going to die if I didn’t eat a meal and the snacks, but when I learned about fasting correctly, I tried it and went longer than planned on my first extended fast, I had done IFing for a few weeks, working up to 18/6 eating window, so I learned skipping breakfast didn’t kill me.

So come join the rest of use Ketozombies :joy::rofl::joy: