April 2017 Zornfast 20-23

(MakinBacon) #21

Count me in! This is actually great timing for me. I was planning to start a 4 week feast/fast cycle on Sunday. I also normally do my grocery shopping on Saturdays. Well, last Sat I didn’t buy enough meat, and I ran out last night. I hate going to the store after work and I was kinda dreading it today. Well, why not just fast instead? :grin:

I’ve fasted before, longest being 100 hours, so this should be bacon. (I was gonna say cake, but who wants that crap? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Also, I don’t do as well on a water only fast, so I will be having a small amount of heavy cream with my coffee, and bone broth for dinner each day.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #22

It’s 3:15 pm in Minnesota. My eating window daily is normally 4pm to 8pm. Not. Gonna. Eat.

I’m hungry NOW though. Uggggh.

I am fasting until Sunday 4pm.

Must. Power. Through.
…coffee helps. IMA go abuse some now. I know how to drink the FUCK outta espresso.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #23

Keep busy.
Keep busy.
Keep busy.

(MakinBacon) #24

I just hit 20 hours fasted. This is usually about the worst time for me, and I’m definitely hungry. Coffee also helps me. So does cranking up the music, writing some code, and just ignoring it. :sunglasses:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #25

Music cranked over here too.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #26

Dinner. Lol.
@TomSeest
Here’s Floyd :floyd:

(Siobhan) #27

I suppose I’ll participate this time around as well, though maybe not the full way (but who knows?)
I started fasting at noon yesterday, so I’m now nearly 29 hours in.
Luckily, since my dad has today and tomorrow off work he will probably cook for himself so I don’t need to participate in that nonsense (although I did make him eggs Benedict yesterday).

I’m over 24hrs fasted now - thats the hard bit over right? RIGHT??? :wink:

I had a mug of hot water with Himalayan salt earlier, and am sipping a glass of soluble multivitamins now - sleep soon then on to day 2. :grimacing:

(Nathan Hall) #29

Yeah, I started at 8am yesterday. I’m starting to doubt the wisdom of that time choice. The 48 hour mark is usually my roughest, which makes that tomorrow morning at 8, when I’ll likely be cooking breakfast for my kids. I think I might sleep in for a little bit tomorrow. :blush:

(Nathan Hall) #30

I’ve been drinking flavored seltzer waters like they were a Costco clearance item.:grinning:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #31

LMFAO @siobhan!!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #32

Hahahahahahaha!! Too funny

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #33

That’s the hardest bit for me!

(Siobhan) #34

What did you THINK that was going to say? :wink:

(Newimprovedme ) #35

I’m about to hit the 24 hour mark. I think feasting the last few days was a great idea because I feel so much better today then I usually feel at this point in a fast. Keep up the good work everyone.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #36

The 24 hour mark for me will be midnight.

I plan on being asleep!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #37

AAAAAAAAAAAND the peeing begins.

TMI?? TOO BAD

…as I near the 18 hour mark, my body is at a point where it begins to use up all of my stored glycogen (unless I lifted weights the same day, and today I did not).

Even though I’m not a carb eater, my body still makes and stores glycogen in my muscle. Glycogen is attached to a few water molecules, so as my body accesses the glycogen the extra water is dumped. It’s much like when you first become keto-adapted and drop 10 pounds of water weight, but this will only be a pound or two.
Nevertheless, I notice an increase in urination for a few hours at the end of my first day fasting. It’s predictable and welcome as I know I’m on the right track.

Pass the toilet paper, I’m sitting on the toilet atm writing this. Lol srs

I’m a bit ahead of you (time-zone wise) so I’ve done 38 hours now. I started from 7pm Wednesday night basically because I was full and couldn’t think of anything else to eat.

So far:
I spent half a day before I started fretting about coffee because I really, really don’t like black coffee. “It’s too bitter… Should I have one BPC? What about a bit of cream? Will that mess me up?” Then came up with the genius solution of forgoing coffee for the fasting period. Yes, I worked that out all by myself.

The scales told me I’d put on a kg. This has now disappeared again.

I’ve done okay on black tea. I did have some bone broth but then started reading that it would kick me out of autophagy so I’m going to stick with water and black tea for the remainder of my time.

Difficult bits: preparing food for family. Not really hungry, but I have wanted to eat. Have vacillated between “This is easy! Maybe I’ll take it to 5 days. No, seven!” and “I really want to eat. Now.”

Am not noticing the loo trips. More to look forward to.

(Let's get going...) #39

Just past the 24 hour mark, feel pretty damn good. This is my first time, not really sure what to expect other that what I have read on this forum. Thank you for that.

Ah yeah… seltzer water has been a great crutch.

(Sierra) #40

Bacon! So funny!