Apples - 19 net carbs?!

(Susan Bryant) #1

Just had a Granny Smith apple. I logged it in my tracker and it was 19 net carbs! I usually log before I eat something but I thought apples were Keto-friendly. Please advise!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #2

(Allie) #3

Apples are NOT keto friendly.

Once you’re adapted small amounts of berries are fine for most people, avocados are good too, but certainly not apples.

(Susan Bryant) #4

Thank you, Regina.

(Susan Bryant) #5

Thanks, Shortstuff.

Granny Smith is a friend not food.

(Gabe “No Dogma, Only Science Please!” ) #7

This post is amazing :wink:

(Terence Dean) #8

Make sure you don’t have any witnesses around when you eat fruit on Keto, if you’re new you’ll be forgiven but its a no no to a lot of people.

I’m not diabetic so I just ignore the nay sayers and eat an apple because I want to, pure pleasure. Nothing is taboo unless you have a condition that restricts your ability to eat fruit. But they do have hidden carbs and sugars which may boost your carbs for the day which may sabotage your efforts to become fat adapted, How many weeks are you on Keto?

(Garry (Canada)) #9

An entire apple is probably too much in one day depending on your size/condition/etc, but if you’re an apple lover and the season is coming…just eat half and keep your daily carbs to 5% of your total daily intake. Have something fatty with it to slow the absorption. I personally stick with Raspberries.

(Susan Bryant) #10

Thanks! I’m just completing my second week. Feeling good so far. Down 10 pounds.

(Susan Bryant) #11

Thanks! I love raspberries so I’ll take a look at them next time I’m craving fruit!

(Frank) #12

Blackberrys with hwc and cinnamon is my go to desert.

(Diane) #13

Blackberries are my favorite too. Once or twice, I’ve had a couple of sections of grapefruit.

(Leigh Thomas) #14

Apples contain fructose and sucrose which is sugar.

(Lonnie Hedley) #15

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Also, at 19g net carbs that fits into the “under 20g net”. I wouldn’t eat an apple, but IIFYM.

(Nicola Pedersen) #16

What about tangerines?

(Nicole Wetnicka) #17

No fruit except berrieS!!!

(Cristian Lopez) #18

I don’t believe in fruit these days being ideal, Except that of apricots,tomatoes,avcados or berries. The fruits listed are packed with anti-oxidants, healthy fat, without all of nature’s plant energy stores (fructose) of which are consumed in excessive amounts in today’s fruit compared to what was ideally consumed back then.

Literally cringes me too think about watermelon
:confounded: A red sponge of tooth decay and liver glycogen.

An apple a day keeps the doctor at bay…

(Cristian Lopez) #19

A little too high, at 14 net carbs I would not feel it’s worth it. Plus you can get wayyyy more vitamin C and volume in broccoli or strawberries.

(Ethan) #20

Keto-friendly fruits:

1. Coffee
  2. Avocado
  3. Small amounts of berries