Apple Rum Raisin Loaf - SOOO Tasty!

(Donna McGuire) #1

Using an 8"x4" loaf pan and getting 12 slices, it comes to 159 Calories, 3g net Carbs (5-2) and 3g Protein.

The texture isn’t spot on, a little bit crumbly (suggestions?), but the taste is AWESOME!

2 oz Dark Rum
20g Raisins, cut in half

2 oz Cream Cheese
2 oz Butter
1/2 cup Xylitol (or sweetener of your choice)
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 oz Coffee

1 cup, Almond Flour
1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Baking Powder
4g Xanthan Gum

50g Apple, diced
40g Pecan, chopped

Because there aren’t many raisins I chopped mine in half. Soak in rum for at least an hour.

Beat the cream cheese and butter until well incorporated and creamy. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and sweetener; continue to beat for another minute or two until you’ve beaten some air into the mixture.

Add your coffee, rum and raisins and continue continue to beat until everything is well incorporated.

Add all your dry ingredients and whisk for 2-3 minutes. The mixture should become thicker as you combine. The end result should be a little thicker than your traditional cake batter.

Bake at 350 for 60 minutes in a greased loaf pan. I used an 8 x 4 loaf pan. A larger pan may require less time. Check on your loaf after 45 minutes to make sure it’s not going to overcook. The top should be firm and the edges should brown. If the centre looks or feels a little wet, put it back in for another 5-10 minutes.

Let cool about 20 minutes before removing from your loaf pan. Make sure to use a spatula to loosen the edges of the loaf from the pan.

(Laurie) #2

You got my attention! Looks really good.

(Donna McGuire) #3

Let me know if you try it :slight_smile: The original recipe came from reddit, didn’t have rum (used 1/2 cup coffee), raisins, apple or pecans. Was still delicious!

(Jane Reed) #4

You had me at rum-raisin. I swoon.

Aren’t there cake recipes using psyllium husk for the improvement of texture? I might be willing to give this a go with that addition.