Apple Cider Vinegar

(Brian) #21

I have, still have a very hard time getting it down.

The only combo I’ve tried so far that seemed to help a little was ACV in ginger tea. Ginger tea tends to be quite sharp to my tastes anyway, definitely not a favorite, and I guess the ACV can kinda sneak in there along side of it and go along for the ride. Still not something I particularly enjoy, but if I had to do it, that’s probably be my go-to.

(Bunny) #22

Try this (below*) first using a second drop of blood as soap or other things (particulates) on fingers can alter the meter readings that is why I use two or three BG/ketone meters (different brands) periodically just to an get idea about accuracy ratios! I sometimes experiment with the same meter twice (one test after the other) and get two totally different readings? (not trying to make you into a pin cushion…lol)

*Blood Glucose Monitoring Protocols (click here)

Starvation General Aspects: “…Starvation metabolism is not just extended fasting metabolism. …” “… After 3 to 5 days of fasting, increasing reliance on fatty acids and ketone bodies for fuel enables the body to maintain blood glucose at 60 to 65 mg/dL (normal 70 to 100 mg/dL) and to save muscle protein[1] for prolonged periods without food. …” …More

Footnote: [1]If the old protein is never broken down, you cannot build new protein. - Dr. Jason Fung

Glucose: “…A normal fasting glucose is generally considered to be between 75 and 100 mg/dL. My mean over the past year has been about 90, but I need to mention two very important caveats:

1. On the four occasions I have calibrated my hand-held device with an actual laboratory test, my device seems to run high by about 11 mg/dL, so a measurement of 95 mg/dL on my device is probably closer to 84 mg/dL in reality.
  1. I carry a genetic trait for a disease called beta-thalassemia. The clinical manifestation of this is that I have much smaller red blood cells than normal (about 65% of normal size). There is some evidence in the literature that this condition prevents some accurate testing of any assay that can interfere with hemoglobin. For example, a test measuring glycosylated hemoglobin suggests I have much more glucose in my blood than is actually measured. In fact, the Glycomark test for mean post-meal glucose level suggested I have an average post-meal glucose level of 190 mg/dL which is obviously not true. In other words, something about my beta-thalassemia seems to interfere with, at the very least, measuring glucose linked to hemoglobin, and possibly measuring glucose in general.

I mention these 2 features to say my glucose levels (unlike B-OHB and lactate which I’ve documented to be very accurate) may be artificially elevated. Here’s the important part, though: the discrepancy seems to be constant, so the increases or decreases seem to be good measurements. - Dr. Peter Attia, M.D. …More

Resources:

1. 7 Simple Strategies to Buffer Blood Sugar Levels - Dr. Jockers “… 2. Use Apple Cider Vinegar: Vinegar is very high in acetic acid. This acid has been shown to reduce the glycemic response of a typical carbohydrate based meal by 31% (4). Another study reduced a carbohydrate meal from a typical glycemic index of 100 to 64 (5). Apple cider vinegar (ACV) also provides enzymes, probiotics and trace minerals that enhance blood sugar signaling. Use ACV on as many foods as possible. You can also take 1-2 tbsps of ACV in water about 30 minutes before your higher carbohydate meal to keep your blood sugar as stable as possible …”

SUPER high blood glucose, both while fasting and after eating