SUPER high blood glucose, both while fasting and after eating

Simple mistake; most important result is that you’re now sorted. Forget about it, relax and move on. Delighted you’re now “fixed” :smile:

(Jane Hull) #11

I’m so glad you figured it out!

(Raj Seth) #12

Consider purchasing a Bayer contour next one. About $10.

4% accurate va 15-20% for one touch etc. (per NIH website). Strips are $22/100 on amazon.
Way way more accurate, compact and blue tooth to your phone

(Charlotte) #13

Oh, wow! Great suggestion, thanks so much!

yay!! glad you figured this out :grin:

(icky) #15

Thanks @Rajseth! :blush:

I’ve been looking on Amazon and have been overwhelmed by the huge array of choices and price ranges! I just ordered one of these! :+1:t3::+1:t3:

(icky) #16

Yay @Chazzam - well done! :blush:

Yay Keto community! :blush:

(Jane Hull) #17

Thanks, I need to look. I used to use a Freestyle Lite and liked it then my insurance made me change and I hate the new one. It seems inconsistent compared to the old one but the strips are too expensive to use the Freestyle.

(Raj Seth) #18

My insurance covered 50 strips a month at $25 copay. For $22 I can buy 100 contour next strips cash!! And the meter was $10

(Jane Hull) #19

I am paying $40 for 100 now. If my doctor writes the prescription correctly! I really hate my meter. It’s a one touch ultra.

(Raj Seth) #20

One touch ultra. I threw away 4 of those. So fricking inaccurate. Doc wrote a prescription for the bayer but insurance would not cover it. So I just saved myself the money and grief

(Liza) #21

My am blood sugar is up and it is a meter I have used and trust. In ketosis yet 120 fasting in the morning. Before always under 100 in the morning.

(Jane Hull) #22

It’s just so darn ridiculous, isn’t it? My sugars all day long are 90-95 not matter when I test. But morning is always higher. 110 is about as high as it gets, usually 105 or so. I ordered a new meter, we’ll see if it’s that. I don’t care how many podcasts I listen to or articles I read, I still get annoyed and don’t understand. I’m only 4 months in so I’m hoping my body is still healing. I still take metformin once a day (down from twice). My highest A1C was 6.7 and the last one (1 month in to Keto) was 6.1.

(Jane Hull) #23

I ordered the new one. When I got the 1 touch I took it to my doctor and insisted it was broken. It was 15-30 pts higher than my Freestyle. She just shrugged and said it was within error limits. I got the solution stuff and it said the same. But the margin of error is like 30 pts! When your bg is 85 you don’t want that wide of a range! That could make it 65! Makes no sense. What about people that need to inject insulin? What about people that don’t understand as well and panic at the higher numbers? I really think it’s horrible.

(Randy) #24

These may help explain.

https://idmprogram.com/dawn-phenomenon-t2d-8/

(Jane Hull) #25

Thanks! Great article!

(Todd Allen) #26

Besides diet other important factors for improving blood glucose control and metabolism in general are consistent quality sleep, stress reduction/management and appropriate activity/exercise. Of those 3 exercise is the one easiest to over do especially for those in poor health so one should ease into it and track progress to see what gives better results. And tracking ones performance can give better insight than looking at numbers from a scale for tweaking ones diet.

(Jane Hull) #27

FYI, I got my new glucometer yesterday. The Contour Next One. I love how it links to the phone and graphs. What a great buy. I tested both meters with the same lancet stick. My old one was 13 pts higher than the new one. That is about the same as difference with my old Freestyle. Thanks again for the heads up!

(Charlotte) #28

This is really great to know! A 13 point difference is huge, wow! I’m definitely buying one of these myself!

(Bunny) #29

Just in case: