Apple Cider Vinegar - my way back to heavy cream

(Karim Wassef) #21

Cool. Thanks… I was mainly looking for the fat, so cream was always my target. Milk is too high carb.

But if it curdles in the stomach… does it matter? It must be what happens with normal stomach acidity anyway. So it’s possible to take the ACV, then the milk.

I guess with cheese, it wouldn’t make much difference - curdling-wise.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #22

Honestly I looked it up because I used to make goat cheese using vinegar with my friend’s kid and when I read your post I pictured you curdling cream and chugging it.

(Karim Wassef) #23

Yes. That’s actually how I make mascarpone for keto cheesecake… = cream + acid (prefer limes there) + controlled simmer until the cream “clumps”… it doesn’t actually curdle exactly like milk but the high temperature does cause the clumps to form… put in a cheesecloth and drain in a sieve… let cool and voila… mascarpone.

I could just buy it but this is more fun. :smiley:

I hadn’t actually connected the two before since I usually add very little lime juice and it takes heat to make it go… but those processes may be happening after drinking the ACV and cream cocktail. Weird thoughts… but I still enjoy it as it is :smiley:

So tonight I am going to try this experiment. I love the Panera green goddess dressing. I found the recipe online and it’s pretty keto. It has dairy and vinegar so hopefully they will cancel each other out. I have been eating carnivore for most of the month and I am craving a salad like nobody’s business. So i hope all goes well :slight_smile:

@Karim_Wassef unfortunately the ACV did not work for me. It helped calm the reaction a bit but I ate dressing 2 days now and my guts HATE me :frowning: they are churning and making all kinds of not so nice sounds at the moment. Maybe the HWC would be less problematic but in my case it’s probably better to just avoid it or eat it knowing the consequences. I was hoping to be a n=2.

(Karim Wassef) #26

:frowning: ok… well it’s a datapoint.

You said it helped calm things down- maybe it’s a proportion or ratio issue?

How much ACV to dressing did you use?

My wife says I’m “liberal” with the ACV but that’s because it’s being diluted into the heavy cream with a touch of Stevia.

It was 1 cup dairy to 1/4 cup ACV. I made a salad dressing so I didn’t have the large quanity you did. You had me hopeful and I may try again sometime in the future. For now I remain dairy free.

(Karim Wassef) #28

Ok. Sorry for the discomfort :cry:

Thanks for trying. It may be that there’s different kinds of lactose intolerance and ACV only fixes some kinds.

Anyone else willing to try? N=3?

No worries. It was worth a try! I sometimes do it to my self just because dairy is so delicious. Glad it worked for you :slight_smile:

(Karim Wassef) #30

Lactose intolerant milk chocolate recipe -

Hot water + raw cacao powder + pink salt = part 1
Ice + ACV + stevia + MCT = part 2

Blend 1&2 and add the heavy cream at the end and mix…

Let me know how it works for you?

Also as a milk substitute in general, I mix water, ACV and heavy cream :slight_smile:

(Donna Baptiste) #31

Thank you for so much info on this ACV . Is it ok to drink cream first than ACV ? What does n=2 mean

(Karim Wassef) #32

n = 1 means personal experience
n = 2 means an experiment where two results were measured.

So if two people got the same results trying something out, it would be an n = 2 validation.

In real experiments, they’d do n = 30 or more to be statistically significant… but the forum is about sharing our experiences and learning from the experiences of others.

(Karim Wassef) #33

I don’t know if drinking cream then ACV (or vice versa) would be the same… but you can try it out and share with us ? :slight_smile:

(Bunny) #34

I guess this is an older post but I do think that increase is from the Apple Cider Vinegar (acetoacetate) itself not from your body fat or other dietary fats; so your mitochondria is using it directly for jet fuel! (why you felt so good, happens to me too!) Only the brain uses acetone for fuel and is produced in smaller quantities than the other two ketone bodies!

I would not drink too much of it (ACV) in one day though especially if it is not heavily diluted in water?

Coconut oil or resistant starch will also switch gears to beta-hydroxybutyrate BHB for fuel rather than glucose. (also creates feelings of euphoria)