Appetite-suppressing essential oils?

(Caryl) #1

I really battle to break through the wall at around 33 hours and have only managed a 48-hr fast once in 12 months. I have tried fasting from after dinner, Lunch and breakfast to try and move that 33-hr wall to a time when I am unconscious, but I will wake up ravenous, regardless.

I’d like to do 1 or 2 EFs before and after Christmas.

I have read about using essential oils as an appetite suppressant, examples being:

• peppermint
  • grapefruit
  • bergamot
  • bitter orange

https://monq.com/eo/lifestyle/top-essential-oils-crush-appetite/

Has anyone tried this and has it worked?

(Running from stupidity) #2

Much easier just to follow Jason Fung’s suggestion and fast 24-36 hours at a time :slight_smile:

(Mike W.) #3

I’ve good luck suppressing hunger with coconut oil.

(Caryl) #4

I usually break my fasts with coconut oil.

I do follow Jason Fung’s fasting protocols, and want to get to a point where 36 hours is a breeze and not torture where I obsess about eating for the last 6 hours :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #5

What we want and what we get aren’t always the same thing :slight_smile:

(Robert C) #6

I recommend a 4 or 5 day fast.

There is a hump you have to get over to see what the other side is like and it sounds like even your 48 hour fast may have been difficult and not reached it yet.

After you get over the hump (usually day 2 or 3) it feels like you could continue fasting for much much longer - you are simply not hungry and can easily forget which day of the fast you are on.

Once you have been to “the other side” the psych issues around things like focusing on which hour you are at in the first day or two might evaporate (that is what happened to me).