Anyone try Pesto Bianco?

(April Harkness) #1

Tempted to buy. But it is $6.99. 1 g of protein, 0 carbs. 13 g of fat in 1/2 oz. But i will eat a full oz if i buy it for 26 gms. Before i buy…has anyone tried it? Lately i have been having cravings for extra fat. At one time it was sugar…now its a spoonful of fat! I had a spoonful of duckfat a few days ago i really enjoyed. Not just to cook things in, but by itself. Now im on the search for other yummy fats i can eat alone. Before i spend $7.00, can someone tell me if this tastes good?

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #2

Never heard of it, but Google tells me I’m bound to find it delicious!

Meet the quieter version of pesto, made with fresh ricotta cheese and pounded walnuts.

Hope you get an answer from someone who knows, @April_Harkness!

Also have never heard of it, but I searched it and part of the info on it reads “melt over a juicy steak” so they have me at that. Although I would have been sold anyway reading the description: “A silky blend of cured fat and spices. Rich, creamy, herbal.” Sadly my local grocery doesn’t seem to carry it. Let us know if you get it and what you think.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Cured pork fat, rosemary, peppercorn, garlic, and red chili—what’s not to like? :grin:

I’m actually rather glad not to have encountered it in the markets around here . . . I’d be afraid of getting addicted, lol!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

Lardo is Italian charcuterie like salami but made from fat only. :cowboy_hat_face:

(April Harkness) #6

ok… sold. Going to get this!!! I plan to get it after work on Wed. Yum!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #7

Oh wowzers, well, ignore my previous post - if it’s pork fat, I’m IN…!

:pig:

(Polly) #8

It sounds divine, do let us know how it tastes!

A bit off topic perhaps but this Italian delicacy seems to contradict the presumption of “the Mediterranean Diet” being all about low fat eating and basing the diet on vegetables. However, I acknowledge my bias may be showing!

(April Harkness) #9

Ancel Keys ignored the Pesto Bianco…lol!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

David Diamond says something in one of his lectures about wondering what our guidelines would look like if Keys had spent his sabbatical in France, instead of Italy . . . :grin:

(April Harkness) #11

Hmm…i would have more gorgeous women to compete with for my boyfriends affections. Seriously though, we would all have been better off. Who here has a time machine?

(April Harkness) #12

Bought it! Report upcoming soon. Will be spreading this on my omelet

(Polly) #13

Mmm. Looks delicious and awaiting your report @April_Harkness, I do hope you enjoy it!

(April Harkness) #14

It was delicious
Already bought more!