Anyone have a good tried and true Guacamole?

(traci simpson) #21

Or a little lime and some salt, cilantro

('Jackie P') #22

1 like plenty of lime and salt and a little chopped red chilli!
Thanks for the tip of eating with pork scratchings, Iā€™m loving it!

(Linda Kaufman) #23

I honestly donā€™t like guacamoleā€¦ but itā€™s kind of useful, Iā€™ll try your recipes, maybe Iā€™ll like itā€¦ Thanks for them!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #24

Not quite guacamole but a delicious pourable avocado sauce that will keep up to a month refrigerated (if you can keep it around that long!). Small batch recipe;

2 large avocados

4 2ā€ tomatillos

1/2 small white or yellow onion

1 clove garlic

1-2 JalapeƱos (seeded or not)

Salt to taste and lime juice if itā€™s not tart enough for you.

Put the tomatillos, jalapeƱos, onion and garlic in a small sauce pan with about half cup of water. Cover and simmer until the tomatillos are soft but not yet mush, if you cook them too much the sour aspect will be gone. The cooked tomatillos will sweeten up so you want some partially cooked to retain the sour flavor too. Let it cool and put in a blender or food processor holding back on the liquid, with the avocados. It should have a viscosity similar to thick gravy, not too runny but pourable. Add some of the water until you get the right thickness. The tomatillos have acid which keeps the sauce bright green for weeks. This is a very popular avocado taco sauce in central California where I live. I think itā€™s from central Mexico as many here are from the Guanajuato, Mexico area near Mexico City. Great on eggs and tacos. This is a great way to use avocados when you get a good deal on them especially, and need to do something with them before they spoil :man_cook:t4:. :cowboy_hat_face:

For those who are near the U.S. Costco stores, they now sell 3-packs of incredibly good, real food guacamole made by the Calavo avocado company in Mexico. No additives or preservatives, and very economical. Their recipe is authentic to the Mexican cuisine, and has a bit of lime juice. I like to add crumbled fresh cheese to a couple tablespoons of it, and eat it with fried eggs, or as a side with Flackers.

(Jovana Boros) #26

I use 1 avocado, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 3-4 tablespoons full fat Greek yogurt, chilly powder, garlic powder and salt.

('Jackie P') #27

I keep it simple. 1 large avocado, 1 lime, lots of salt and a ltttle chilli! Mash and enjoy with pork scratchings!
Thatā€™s what I do anyway!:yum:

(traci simpson) #28

donā€™t forget the tomatoes and cilantro.