Anyone feeling like me right now?

(Eleanor ) #41

The cream cheese is definitely for taste.

(Donna) #42

Ok. I didnā€™t have any cream cheese today, so my crust was a little bland. I added some seasonings, but it didnā€™t help much. It was good though, other then when I went into shock, after I logged all my macros and saw my carb number. It was counting all my toppings. My sodium was 2,000 more then it should have been. Planning to test my keytone levels tonight. I just got back into ketosis, after a week of trying to get water weight off. Bummer.

(Donna) #43

I may try cream cheese in my dough next time. Hopefully it will give the crust a little more flavor. I added some seasonongs in it, but it still didnā€™t have much flavor. Luckily the toppings helped.

(Eleanor ) #44

When I have the pizza thatā€™s one of my cheat days. I donā€™t count my macros, I just try to stay under 40 grams of carbs.

(charlie3) #45

In 2 years of low carb I have eliminated a lot of ā€œfunā€ foods to avoid over eating. Today all my calories come from beef, salmon, olive oil, heavy cream, and eggs. Add to that a very large daily non starchy vegetable salad. Thatā€™s my food most every day. Thereā€™s nothing to snack on. I dieted down from 170 to 140, too skinny. Iā€™m back to 160, most of the gain muscle, some fat. Iā€™d like to add 10 lbs more muscle and get rid of 5-10 lbs of fat, easier said than done.

I tried carnivore for 60 days a year ago. Completely lost control of appetite and gained body fat so gave it up for now.

(Donna) #46

I am doing the under 20 grams of carbs and I usually do around 15. According to my logging, I had 42 carbs. I weighed myself and I am almost a pound less from my weigh in this morning.That was a surprise to see. I had the pizza 10 hours ago and nothing since, so I thought I would weigh at least a pound or two from the food and sodium.

(Donna) #47

My diet since August has been pretty much the same routine too. I eat a meat (steak, chicken), I wish I liked fish too, also eat a vegetable or a big salad. I do OMAD and I too, never snack. So far I have been content on my food choices. I did binge one night on snacks a couple weeks ago and it took me over a week to get 6 lbs of water weight off and feeling like I was back in Ketosis. I have learned my lessen with that. Not worth it. I can do without the bowl of pretzle chips, cheetoes and nestle chocolate morsels. What was I thinking? Lol One thing I will say, it is so weird how much I am used to doing OMAD now. Before I started Keto, I would have never thought I could do one meal in the middle of the day (1:00 ish) and nothing till bedtime. I wish like you, I could get to a place, where I exercise to gain muscle. All I do is walk an hour 6 days a week.

Well, I got rid of the jello. I have been back on Keto for a few days now, and this morning I had a special day-- I had to go out grocery shopping! WOW. I mean- you get dressed up for that and put some mascara on! A plan! You get up with a PLAN in the morning. And lo and behold- I am not hungry. It is 2pm and I have had nothing to eat today. Looks like IF is possible again. But man, it is so much easier if you dont ā€œcheatā€-even with keto sweets - and keep it keto. It just changes my body chemistry in a way that kills appetite. But I am not sure if the fact that I was going out didnt also have something to do with it? What do you guys think?

(charlie3) #49

I learned first hand how productive walking can be. Iā€™ve written before, walked 2 hours daily for 6 months last year and dropped overnight resting heart rate 10+ bpm. I might have done as well with half as much walking. Point is walking is valuable, the more the better. An android app called sportractive calls out heart rate from a chest strap to my BT headset while Iā€™m listening to music or news or lectures.

(Donna) #50

Never heard of the sportractive app. I agree with you on walking. Itā€™s funny, because I started with only 15 minutes (all I could handle at first), back in August. Now, itā€™s like I could go on for much longer without getting winded and tired. Same with the mall. I would get tired and winded, just from walking around one department store, now I zoom through the stores and from one end to the other of the mall, with no issue. Itā€™s pretty nice.

(Donna) #51

You are funny (about the plan and makeup). I totally get it. I have bee hiding behind my summer hat and sunglasses, if I go to the walking trail or to get groceries. Itā€™s nice giving my face a break from all that foundation and makeup, since being stuck at home Lol

@Blessings
I donā€™t use foundation anymore. Oftentimes it gave me a rash. I dont know if I was allergic or not. But what I use now is bare minerals. It is a very fine powder which does not clog the pores, and it is just like foundation only feels so much lighter. It covers any blemishes or discolouration just like foundation. I love it.

(Donna) #53

Do they sell bare minerals in regualar stores, like Walmart, or Target or is it found in a specialty store, like in the mall? I feel like I have seen it in a mall store, but I may be wrong. Honestly, I have never tried face powder. I didnā€™t know it would work good. Now I am curious. I would love to ditch the liquid stuff. I am just about 50 and and for some people, it gets tricker when trying to cover your face blemishes, etc and of course not make your pores more noticeable.

@Blessings
Look for it online- maybe they say where they sell. Seeing that i live in Europe- I always buy in duty-free at the airports. I stock up! Just make sure you get the right color for your skin tone- if you get that right it looks totally natural. I use " fairly light " and used to have reddish brown hair and I have freckles and green eyes- so I am pretty fair.At one point I just hated the feeling of foundation on my face. This feels like I have nothing on my skin but covers nonetheless. And I donā€™t know in the meantime- but maybe other cosmetic companies have followed their lead? You would have to ask around.

(Donna) #55

I really appreciate you sharing this with me and I will look into it. I too hate liquid foundation too. Good idea to stock up on something, that you really love. I actually ent back to add this. I did find it online on and in a bunch of stores in the USA, if itā€™s the same product. I looked on Ulta and Sephora and a few others.

@Blessings
Buy the ā€œprime time face primerā€ too - the original. It feels like velvet, for underneath.

(Donna) #57

I will! Iā€™m a work in progress with this face. Lol

@Blessings
I guess the ā€œworkā€ starts at 35. Before that it was smooth sailing. LOL
But I am 67 and have been using this stuff for something like 8 years. I donā€™t even use it all over my face - but only on the cheeks and chin! I just want an even tone- not much else. ( I put a dab of concealer under my eyes.) If I could I would just wear mascara and some lipstick. But thatā€™s good when you are 20.

(Susan) #59

You can get it at Sephora if you have one of those shops in your city (not atm of courseā€¦ but our Malls have that store) and they have online shopping as well =).

(Donna) #60

I know what you mean! I have never tried concealer. So many products for so many things. I have been trying different products for fine line wrinkles and so far have not had any luck trying each one for a tad over a month each. Over the counters donā€™t seem to do anything. I donā€™t want to go to a skin place, but I hate the lines starting to come out around the mouth and eyes. I know more will come over time, so whatā€™s the point. Aging is a bummer. Only good thing that picks me up every now and then, is that I have had random people say in the past, whenever striking up a conversation on age or something related, that I donā€™t look my age. Yesterday at the park a women said you donā€™t look 50, you look around 40. I said, " are we talking about the same face?" Anyway, at this point Iā€™ll take any compliment I can get.