Anyone feeling like me right now?

(Donna) #21

Thank so much for the info! My issue is that I eat a lot of red meat, that I believe can cause too much uric acid build up. The red meats, I guess are more of my issue. My husband (ex recently), could not eat any red meat at all or anything with any type of beef in it (gravies etc), due to high concentrates of uric acid. He had a really bad history of gout in his feet. I love red meat too!

(Donna) #22

Bummer! Itā€™s not too bad, if you fell out, you should get back into it real soon. I know, that if I went out from a small over amount of carbs, I tend to bounce back in maybe a day or so. Hopefully you too.

(Donna) #23

That is a big change! I didnā€™t have a job, (personal issue), but I did run errands and go out like 5 days a week. Now I am home too and I find myself thinking of food too much. Before it was one meal, maybe two meals a day and no time for snacks. Canā€™t wait till we can get back to the norm. There was an article on the internet that said, so many people are having the same issue with wanting to eat more, since being stuck at home. We are not alone! Good luck.

(Tracy) #24

My fear of mixing carbs with high fat and confusing my system prevents me from cheating. I could be wrong, but Iā€™m assuming you canā€™t go back and forth from burning fat to burning glucose, so I just adhere to my theory that cheating will sabotage all of my progress. I know that being stuck at home WILL cause boredom eating so I keep pork rinds and Italian sodas available so that I always have a keto snack if needed. I make this drink with soda water, just a touch of sugar-free syrup, and top it off with coconut milk. It gets my mind off of hunger.

(Tracy) #25

I mean, what reason would a person have to cheat when you can have that pizza??? Youā€™re killing us!

(Tracy) #26

So far I havenā€™t found jello that doesnā€™t have Maltitol which will run your blood sugar up just like sugar. Do you know of a brand that is Maltitol free?

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #27

Never mind that he screws it upā€¦ Then tries to fix it for the vidā€¦ Instead of just doing it all over.

Anyway, this is very close to the recipe I use for my keto breadā€¦ And from the same guys video for that too.

Iā€™ve actually used the straight up bread recipe and it worked out fine too. IMPO, keto pizza crust is just not super important after you heap it with cheese and pizza toppings :slightly_smiling_face:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #28

But are those things ā€œcheatsā€ IF your still keeping your carbs pretty low, and are not gaining weight ?

Ya" know, if I had tried Keto and didnā€™t lose the weight I wanted too, OR was trying to beat cancer or some other serious health issue, I would totally try carnivore eating. Iā€™ve just done so well with plain old dirty, lazy Keto, that I donā€™t see what benefits I could possibly gain from it ?

(Donna) #29

You are proabably right about going back and forth on Keto, not the best on the system. I have read and listened to Doctors online say that. I have never had pork rinds, but I know many do eat them and use them for recipes. I need to try them. I want to use them for coating my chicken, like some do. Never had an italian soda. Sounds interesting.

(Donna) #30

Thank you for the recipe video. I will be sure to watch in a bit. Pizza is the one thing, I have been searching for as a replacement to the norm. Ive tried a few, but need to keep looking.

(Ethan) #31

Keto got me down about 50 pounds. In plateaued for 15 months. Going carnivore got me 30 more pounds. I went back keto and it came back along with other health issues a bit. Back to carnivore and Iā€™m down 20 of that 30 againā€¦and feeling better than ever. A cheat for me becomes a daily cheat. And thatā€™s just a keto treat! So I stopped cheating.

(Bunny) #32

I try to obsess myself with lifting weights and actually lifting themā€¦lol

I tell myself; ā€œā€¦if you want that eat that particular type of junk food, you better be willing to pay the price to burn it up?..ā€

I set my consequence if I choose to do something and set boundaries for myself and strictly adhere to themā€¦most people wonā€™t do that because they lack real discipline?

Be fat, donā€™t eat it or lift the weights?

ā€ā€¦Donā€™t go to bed, with no price on your head - No, no, donā€™t do it. Donā€™t do the crime, if you canā€™t do the time - Yeah, donā€™t do it. Donā€™t Roll the dice if you canā€™t pay the price? No, no, donā€™t do itā€¦ā€ - Sammy Davis Jr.

(Donna) #33

Great words by Sammy Davis Jr. Everything you said is spot on. I need to get back to working out myself. I have been slacking the past few weeks. When I was doing some type of fitness workout, 6 days a week, I was doing awesome with my eating. I would work out first thing in the morning and it kept me from wanting to mess up, by eating the wrong foods. I didnā€™t want to, after taking all that time to burn those calories. I felt it would be a big waste.

(Troy) #34

At Walmart
I use to see it All the time

I agree, maltitol, no way for that!

This has Aspartame though
If you are ok with that?

These are truly extraordinary times. It make ANY kind of diet/change of eating habits very hard. Too much time doing nothing. Especially when it comes to emotional eating. What does one need more than this kind of anxiety to make resistance that much harder? But I am hoping to be back on pure keto today. Had my eggs for breakfast and planning a ceasar salad for lunch.
Good luck to everybody and stay healthy!

(Tracy) #36

Awesome! No problem having aspartame occasionally. We all guzzled diet soda for decades before going Keto (anyone who says the didnā€™t is lying).

(Donna) #37

Sounds like you have a plan. I am doing exactly like you today. I am having eggs and sausage for my late breakfast, but first I need to go walk to burn some of this 6 lb water weight (hopefully not too much fat) I put on the past 4 days. It will take me a week to get it off, but I canā€™t let it go on any further.

(Eleanor ) #38

I hope this helps
https://pin.it/wmzneemrm7m5qa For Keto Pizza

(Donna) #39

That pizza recipe looks good. I have made a pizza with alll those ingredients mentioned, except for the cream cheese. Is the cream cheese just for added taste or is there another purpose? I am planning to make pizza today. Thanks!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #40

Last time I went to make fathead pizza crust I thought I had cream cheese but didnā€™t. Went ahead and made it without the cream cheese and it was fine. I think without the complex chemical reactions involved in baking bread, things are just a lot less fussy. I did add a touch of baking powder to make it a bit fluffier.