Anyone feeling like me right now?

(Donna) #1

Hi everyone! Is anyone else going through this, like me? Being stuck at home because of the virus, has really been making me want to eat things, I am NOT suppose to eat. I am fighting it really hard and have caved a couple times this past week (at night). I have been staying home for a week and a half and it is so trying at times. Right now, all I want is to eat a frozen pizza from my freezer or whatever I can find. I am so weak. On top of that, being Saturday evening is not helping the situation.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #2

Well, yes and no. Being stuck at home is just making me want to eat, period. :slightly_smiling_face: I have no problem eating totally low carb, keto foods. I’ve been doing Keto for about a year now, and have never cheated with any kind of high carb garbage. Not once. Ever. Don’t want it. Don’t need it. Hardly think about it.
But I do love to eat. And have been eating when I don’t really need to.

We really don’t have much around the house that isn’t keto anyway. My GF is a Keto person too, so if it’s not keto, we just don’t buy it.

Btw, you do know that their are about 101 keto pizza crust recipes out there that impo, range from good to great. And most pizza toppings are also keto.
We have pizza once every week or two… Usually after someone mentions it here on the forum :slightly_smiling_face:
Here’s our last one… It was off the chain :slightly_smiling_face:

If this goes on for long, I will be a carnivore. I have a freezer full of meat. I just need fresh produce and eggs to continue to eat the way I like, but not sure I want to risk my life for them by going out there. The virus has hit my little county. If needed, I will be carnivore. No cravings really… but I will have them once I run out of produce.

(Tessa) #4

Yes, 100% yes I’ve been feeling the same way!! The deep deep roots of using food as comfort/reward/therapy/etc has not gone away for me. With everything going on right now it’s been hard to not want to just turn to food for an easy comfort. So far I’ve been okay, and haven’t gone overboard. However the scale is not moving down for me keto or not. Before all this started I was stressed over “dieting” anyways, not sure what to do. It’s been a big mental tug-a-war to not just give in and say F’it!

(Donna) #5

That looks good! I have made pizza couple times, using canned chicken, the fathead dough recipe and then I tried a couple cauliflower ones. Wasn’t a fan of the cauliflower type. I need to try harder to come up with replacements for non keto things. I have been on Keto, since August and I have had a cheat here and there. Mainly with the movies having popcorn and some type of candy. It’s my biggest downfall, but also having others in the house eating regular foods, doesn’t help either. What did you use for your pizza crust? Looks so yummy.

(Ethan) #6

It’s really strange. I understand exactly what you mean, but I lost that I issue by going carnivore. If I deviate even a little with berries, keto sweets, or keto vegetables or plants, I can’t stop…I need those chests every day. But if I don’t do it once to even taste, i have no desire for it

(Donna) #7

I have been doing Keto since August. I love to eat meat, as everyone else with this lifestyle. I may have to cut down greatly, so that doesn’t leave me with much of a Keto diet at that point. I have been dwelling on this for a couple months because of a minor symptom I get every so often. I am prone to kidney stones and I am worried I may get another. My doctor told me to be careful with the amount of protein because it is one way, I may increase my kidney stone chances. I really hate the thought of stopping Keto because I have lost 72 lbs on it and have 35 more to go, but the thought of another kidney stone freaks me out.

(Donna) #8

I totally get what you are also feeling. I imagine going back to 72 lbs bigger again and I somewhat snap out of it at times. I am so bored just sitting home and I get so tempted. I try to fight the urges and sometimes I win and then sometimes I don’t and I have that snack. I put on 5 lbs of water weight in 2 days this week, just from eating a bowl of trail mix and some pretzles. So depressing. Just when I about lost all the water weight, I go and mess up again. It’s slowly becoming a cycle for me. I need to get a grip on it because I don’t want to fall off completely.

(Donna) #9

I think that is my issue. When I do cheat small, it always ends up bigger, then I wanted or planned. I will take a small cup of trail mix and before I even know it, I fill up another cup in my bowl. My family and I stocked up on food to stay in for a while and that has not helped. They don’t do Keto, so we stocked up on all their favorites and there they are, staring me in the face, everytime I open the pantry, fridge or freezer. I have walked away many times, but there have been a few times I couldn’t. Bummer!

Me too. While sitting at home it is like life is going from meal to meal. And IF is unthinkable right now.
I find I am craving a sweet taste lately too- I guess because of the endorphins. But I won’t touch sugar anymore so its all erythrit and stevia and co. But lots of sugar free jello and made myself keto ice cream. Snacking too. I woke up with a racing heart this morning after I dreamt that I had a math exam that I had absolutely not prepared for. I guess that is an analogy for the corona virus.
Scale here is also not budging. I just keep telling myself this too shall pass…hopefully I will survive it.

Which dough recipe was that? Looks like the real thing.

(UsedToBeT2D) #12

Do you deliver?

(Carl D Black) #13

Yeah, I am an emotional eater, unfortunately, and having the same trouble. The NUMBER ONE THING you can do first is to make sure NOT to buy the garbage and have it in the house. That’s the mistake I always make. Second, eat the NUTRITIOUS foods FIRST. That will leave LESS room in your gut to be filled with that crap. And do try to wait, wait, wait for that first meal of the day. This is where I fail daily. God help me.

('Jackie P') #14

I have discovered this indulgient treat,

A few tbs greek yogurt a tbsp crunchy peanut butter and some double cream. It satisfies my craving for dessert!
I have snuck an extra meal into my day, usually a cheese loaded chaffle. I find keto food really satisfying. Having said that, I am no saint and I would absolutely demolish a plate of cheesy chips (fries) if given the chance!

(Donna) #15

That is funny about the math test thingy. I have been craving sugar and salty foods like crazy. I gave in a couple times and I can’t get that craving to go away again. Before Keto, I had to ALWAYS eat a salty and sweet food together. I was able to conquer that and now I reversed it some. I know I sabatoged myself and need to get with the program

(Donna) #16

Your advice is perfect! I will say, I still do push that first meal out. Not as far as I have in the past months each day, but I usually wait until around 2:00 to eat, I think it’s probably because I have been eating more carbs, then I should since being home. Thanks for the great advice.

(Donna) #17

I hear ya! That dessert souds good. Maybe I will give it a try. I love fries. I wanted them sooooo bad yesterday with some chicken wings, but I didn’t go get them. I seriously fought that for about 20 min. I sound like a pitiful, no will power in me person. I guess anyone can have a relapse or end up trying not to have one.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #18

Regarding kidney stones:

(Stephanie ) #19

Im feeling the same! My job transitioned to work from home and so i am home 24-7. All i want to do is eat, eat and eat. I think i eat out of boredom, perhaps? Im use to working 2 jobs and honestly never being home. But i keep reminding myself that we are all adjusting to the new “norm” and remember why i chose this lifestyle.

OK- so now cronometer just told me I had 43g carbs today instead of the usual under 20g. This is due to me eating a whole jar of keto raspberry ice cream. Oh well. Probably no ketosis for today.