Any yummy salad recipes?

Can you post it? Im up for all cabbage recipes!! Thanks!

We just had a lobster salad stuffed avocado. I am thinking that a keto version of YUM YUM sauce and fresh seafood stuffed into an avocado would be delicious as well. Just sub in mayo.

(hottie turned hag) #9

@Tyme_Evenson it’s really a coleslaw

In bowl:
angel hair shredded cabbage, comes in bags ready to go.
Diced green bell pepper
diced cuke :cucumber:
scallions
celery diced small
celery seed
s & p :salt:
bottled cucumber dressing,I like Buttermilk Fields brand for this. Add dash wine vinegar. Not too much, more a light coating, not heavy, weighs it down.

Mix well. Nothing else to it. This particular veg combo is so fresh-tasting and the texture is crisp as heck. Looks pretty too, all shades of green.

(hottie turned hag) #10

@curlybri oh I feel ya, I had to give up cheese :blue_heart: to break a stall. I miss it like it was an only child at sleepaway camp.

The above cabbage thing can be made with a vinaigrette; I’d add diced small dill pickles in that case.

Seafood stuffed avocado sounds SO good! I was going to make a seafood salad anyway, and that adds to the fat. Thanks so much!

Thank you! I have been eating angel hair cabbage slaw myself for the past couple of days, so it is definitely delicious! I made a creamy “vinaigrette” of avocado oil, acv, and mayo, and it is super yummy!
Also the sleepaway camp simile resonates SO MUCH! I miss it!!!

(hottie turned hag) #13

@curlybri Only one of my four went to sleepaway, it was a camp for kids with Crohn’s (she developed it at age 10) and it near killed me :dizzy_face:

(Bob M) #14

I often have a “seafood” “salad” with, say, shrimp, mussels, other fish, anchovies, EVOO, red wine and apple cider vinegar. No vegetables.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #15

I made this just now! Delicious. :man_cook:t3:

I can only imagine how rough that would be! My mom was like that, too, but I was always ready to go off on adventures, so I think she adjusted over time. Hopefully you will, too :heart:

I am planning to make a shrimp, crab, and lobster salad today! I know shellfish is pretty carb-heavy, though. How many are in your salad per serving?

THAT sounds amazing! I REALLY love Greek pasta salad, and I didn’t even think about making it with zucchini. I am definitely doing this! Thank you!

Those shellfish are low in carbs.(Imitation is a different story.) Enjoy!

For some reason, I thought they actually contained carbs versus other meats that are 0. Is that not true?
ETA: As a MD native, I would NEVER eat imitation!!! :nauseated_face:

They do, but the ones you mentioned do not have much to my understanding. I love crab so this makes me very happy!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #22

Shrimp, lobster and crab are low carb selections except crab which is zero. A 6oz lobster tail is about 1.5g. and 6oz. peeled cooked shrimp about 2.5g. carbs.

You have to watch out for the bivalves, clams, oyster, scallops, and mussels have higher carb amounts.

I am posting an Atkins carb reference PDF. You can save it in your phone for a reference tool, it’s fairly comprehensive. I don’t like that stuff is often measured in cups instead of grams but it’s still a useful reference.

:cowboy_hat_face:

Yes, I LOVE crab, too! Thank you!

Super helpful. Thank you so much (though mussels are also a favorite, so this is a bit sad)!

I made a really yummy seafood salad with crab, lobster, and shrimp along with a bacon egg salad and a Greek zoodle salad! Now I’m too sick to want anything cold, but for the couple days I ate them, they were great! Thanks so much, everyone!

(Virginia ) #26

Yes, I have been making Cauli-egg salad, replacing the potatoes with cauliflower for a while now which is a hit with my husband and son. I, myself like tomatoes, cucumbers and shrimp salad chilled with Italian dressing.