Any 40 year old women out there?

(Kristy) #1

I am a 39 year old female and turn 40 in July. Looking to get healthy and drop some weight before my birthday. Just looking for some other late 30’s early 40’s women to chat with and get advice / encouragement from along the way! My overall goal is to lose 50 lbs.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #2

I’m 38, but not trying to lose weight. I’m trying hard to NOT lose. There are lots of people here who can give great advice.

Definitely start by keeping net carbs as close to 20g (or less) as you can. Don’t stress about the scale either.

(Janelle) #3

There’s a 50+ thread that is frequented by less that 50 something’s as well. It might be relevant for you.

Keto women over 50?

I’m 41! I’m also rather new to this, doing keto the vegetarian route :grimacing:

My birthday is also in July! Hoping to defeat insulin resistance and drop about 35-40 pounds. Also doing this to support my partner who has put on 60 pounds in less than 2 years, almost all in his midsection, worried for him.

(Jessica) #5

Just turned 40 in December! I started mid-August and have lost about 30lbs. I figure I have about 20 to go but if I don’t lose another pound, I’m so much better off than I was. The loss is definitely not linear. It goes in fits and starts. Trust the process and just stick with it! It’s usually slower for women.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #6

Hi and welcome. I’m 43 and post menopausal (chemo induced menopause). I’ve lost 20 lbs since last October. It’s slow but the other great benefits are less inflammation, happier, more energy and attention, no sugar crashes, sleeping better and clearer skin. Wishing you the best on your journey.

(MooBoom) #7

I turn 39 next month, have about 18kgs to lose and happy to connect!

(Daisy) #8

I’m 38 and have between 10-20 lbs to lose. Feel free to chat me anytime!

(Amanda) #9

Hey!

I’m turning 40 in the fall. I started following the Keto WOE May '18. I’m down 90 lbs so far with another 100 or so to go.

I’d love to have someone to check in with. :grin:

(Carolyn aka stokies) #10

I’m 42 :slight_smile:

(Melissa Z) #11

Hi! I started keto Jan 28. I’m 39, 182 lbs. I started at 190 so it’s going pretty good. I miss the sweets but I am focusing on all the tasty things I can have ( um, bacon!) When I get under 170 I’m celebrating with a keto cheesecake :yum: Glad to have people to do this with!

(Nicole Sawchuk) #12

I’m 40 since January. Been keto for 4 years now. Lost about 35 lbs and have been stalled out at what appears to be my maintenance weight for over 1.5 years now. I’m thin and don’t have love handles. So I am content. Wish I could be shredded but with kids, work…it would be a lot of work and effort that I am not sure I have the time for.

(Melissa Z) #13

How’s everyone doing? Do you make it through Valentine’s unscathed? I didn’t have a single bit of junk. Pretty proud of myself :grin:. Scale hasn’t moved much this week. I can’t wait until I am in the 170’s solidly. I try to IF for at least 16/8 most days and am going to EF for at least 24 hours once a week. Hope to eventually get up to 48. I will be 3 weeks in on Sunday and I’m feeling good!

I didn’t have a single piece of chocolate or candy! I did make my first fake sweetener dessert though. Trying not to do that too often on account I worry it will bring back the cravings. So far, so good though! BF got me fancy herbal teas instead of candy, so I got to have a treat still :slight_smile:

(Melissa Z) #15

Herbal teas! What a great idea!

(Jenny) #16

43 years old and have lost 107 pounds but it took me 7 years :confused: but… here I am :smiley:

edited to add I have crunched the numbers and unfortunately have confirmed I will be 44 really really soon :joy:

(Jessica) #17

I didn’t indulge on candy. That caramel chocolate looked good but I resisted. I did eat fried okra today at lunch, though. We were traveling and it was so good.

I’m in the high 170s myself.

(Jill F.) #18

Hi there, I am 44 and looking to lose another 25 to 30 pounds myself. I am post menopausal due to hysterectomy and I feel if I can lose weight here so can all of us! The struggle is real after 40 but we can keep each other going.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #19

One of my all time favs!

I just found a keto recipe for fried okra online I hope to try soon. I will let you know if it works out!