Another ZC Thread

so have you and I thru the years :slight_smile: it always is the less you eat on zero carb the worse you do trying to stay on plan and making this a lifestyle.
All those who try on the zc forums are proof of just that from those posts of struggling and needing help due to carb creep/not feeling as best as they could with just eating cause they are limiting their intake…the standard zc answer is EAT and eat well :slight_smile: and once you do that on this plan, you thrive.

so agree!

I did the same on keto. I ate bigger lunches than my own OMAD meals too and wasn’t that annoying? I underate on OMAD and fell off the wagon… But overate on TMAD. No fat gain but still.
Stupid carbs.
I often have super tiny meals on carnivore (me. surreal but true) but I am sure it will get sorted out soon.

I don’t think it’s a problem that some of us need bigger meals. We just shouldn’t have too many meals then. Timing is important.

OMAD and eating as much food as I want and need is exactly the same for me on my OMAD days…
They aren’t exclusive at all for everyone. I can imagine OMAD is harmful, stressful and wrong in many situations, it’s not always good for me either, only if I can eat enough to feel perfect satiation for a day and having enough nutrients for my body. Daisy’s 1500-1700 kcal would be enough for me for most days :slight_smile: Not always, I need my high-cal days too.
And sometimes OMAD feels too restrictive but it’s probably my food addiction. I like eating. Once a day should be plenty but sometimes I like more and it’s still tough for me to skip lunch. It’s a family meal and anyway, the idea of food sounds nice at 3pm… I am just far from hungry at that time and that easily may be a problem, triggering eating many tiny meals until bedtime. Or not, I can never know.

We are very different, Daisy and me. She is on carni like me on carbs. I take away most of the carbs and my elusive hunger almost ceases to exist and my satiation comes easier and it’s perfect, most of my food desires disappear and I become a different person. OMAD isn’t against overeating as I can’t overeat on carnivore anyway, it’s for convenience and I don’t eat so much anyway so why to split it into tiny meals I feel uncomfortable with? One meal feels so perfect when it works. And if it isn’t, I just eat another meal. I surely won’t do OMAD every day. I guess. If it’s about carnivore, especially proper and longer term, I can’t predict anything, not even about my own body I used to think I know well :D.
But nope, I never could do OMAD on my more active days when I needed more food.

you may be right at that. Maybe not in every case but it sounds very very logical. One allows this and that and see no problem… Maybe they get more brave afterwards (I was there :D), maybe the little harmless(?) carbs stay a part of us focusing on carby food, maybe subconsciously… Maybe nostalgy enters the situation, who knows what happens in our brain? I think many of us who truly stopped eating a big food group for a very long time experienced that we just forgot about it and eating it now and then in a controlled way is worse. Not always, sometimes it works. Sometimes we rebel if we are too strict. I don’t say it from a ZC viewpoint of course as I don’t have that experience, it’s extrapolation but surely it happens. If I eat one peanut now and then (I can do it without a problem, I mean, I don’t desire more), I can expect a bigger amount of a weaker, I-dont-care situation. If I stop eating it, I get farther from the idea that it would be food. I am sure coffee will be similar, it just was super hard to start NOT drinking it. I run out of it and won’t buy more so it’s very easy now. I am a slave of my habits. Every day habits are the worst but if I just allow things now and then, it’s very different from banning the items for a not determined but pretty long time. The latter is way more effective and better for my mind as it’s not there as a potentially, rarely, carefully consumable food. It’s no food, period. It doesn’t work with my favs but I never do a woe that bans my favs. Well, my important favs. I have lots of fav carbs but they aren’t important, not needed, they are just nice but I surely could live months without them and even my rebellious self wouldn’t be miserable. Probably. It’s not very predictable. And after those months some of my favs stop being my fav. But it hardly will happen if I allow them too often. Unless carnivore does its thing as I never stopped eating chocolate for a whole week and still lost interest but I needed my tiny carnivore trials for it, I adored it on keto all the time.
I got carried away again, sorry.

your OMAD meal if we tracked it out in kcals etc. won’t be equalling what I eat in a zc day when I go all in and eat up all I want LOL I am probably tripling your counts at that point easily :slight_smile:

Some want that OMAD for some type of control factor, while zc should not be controlled ‘to that level’ when it becomes ‘a put on’ addition into our day. ZC is eat when hungry. Any time, all the time you need it…this is mostly of course for new people, cause longer on plan your appetite and patterns change and we zc people usually fall into an OMAD or 2 times per day eating pattern anyway.

zc is freedom to eat any time you want. zc people need to remember that and not put restrictions, limitations, forced plans into their day to go against their hunger signals or anything else…but of course an OMAD day can easily be fine for many. Alot of people do well on it and are more than satisfied.

I like how you said this. We get more brave. And I know I got more cocky thinking ‘I had control’ when in truth the carbs have the control. Ingest them and my body goes way off kilter and at some point your ‘control’ you believe you have and are brave to eat stuff ‘knowing you are gonna be fine’ can be a smoke screen. I guess we all wanna push some limits, human after all LOL but in the end we always just must know us ya know…what it takes for us. For me the carb creep and binge crash can start with a lick of a spoon and that full effect doesn’t hit til later down the road. So I watch me. I have to.