Another ZC Thread

So starting a new chat whatever the heck ya want ZC thread. ONLY about zero carb. We are not chatting eating taters, or fake ice cream or anything else here LOL You zc people get it HAHA

Well, for me, I am doing a ‘very small’ experiment on me.

I ain’t telling ya what it is but in 2 weeks I will.

Something you would not think I would do, well those who know me, but I am gonna try it and see and report if anything is ‘different, better, worse’ in any way.

So I got ya thinking, what is she doing? :wink: :crazy_face: :skull:

And don’t let the imagine run away, it is not a ‘huge change’ or ‘crazy’ of any kind, just something I never did on my zero carb journey and I am gonna do it now and see what is up, if anything, with it all.

Hmmm, should be interesting…and it is a very simple thing I am doing so??? huh, even I am wondering if it is worth it or not?? Only any results in 2 weeks should be me some insight.

SO YOU ZC’ers, what’s shaking in zc land for ya…anyone telling you that zc is gonna kill you if you eat that way? :scream: Grocery stores not putting your good meat/seafood on lower sales to help your wallet?

chat up anything ya want here!!! We are loosey goosey on zc chat and what the heck, scream it out, rant away, share success…anything at all that is zc and floats your boat :slight_smile: I know we do alot of this in our challenge thread, but my little experiment I didn’t wanna post there cause it is just not my challenge goal situation so I started a new thread just to chat zc and carnivore things! :heart_eyes_cat:

(Polly) #2

Looking forward to your report on your n=1 experiment.

You’re building Lego sets for the next two weeks.
Definitely ZC! :+1:

(go ahead, tell me I guessed it, tell me I’m right)

thanks Polly will be interesting to see ‘if changes’ are even seen :slight_smile:

LOL too darn funny :star_struck:

NAH it is totally ZC related. Not a fun thing or an active thing, it is a food thing for sure and all about animal kingdom :shushing_face:

I never thought it would turn into a guessing game :crazy_face: but that is cool for sure :exploding_head:

Legos were great when I was 10, now they hold no interest :scream: :heart_eyes_cat:

having fun with emojis on this thread

(Elizabeth ) #6

Are you doing a Kelly Hogan thing with liver and raw egg yolk and salmon row?

No, but ya know I didn’t even know that ‘was a thing’ LOL

I can say doing this little thing nothing has changed yet…but still so early but somehow I don’t expect any big changes at all.

So still doing my thing for experimenting and I don’t truly ‘notice anything’ at all…still early or no noticeable good effects are gonna be locked in?
No idea yet…will keep doing what I am doing and report back later down the line. To see if it is worth continuing :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(Elizabeth ) #9

I just found organic air chilled chicken livers at the brand new Whole Foods near me (only went once many years ago to one way across town) Tried them with bacon again and OMG so good. $4/lb vs $2/lb for grocery store brans but so very different taste. Will be adding these back once a month after a year off.

yea I saw your post on the zc forum site :slight_smile:

I was like, WOW on that, bacon wrapped chicken livers…I gotta say E when ya find that good little yummy addition into our meal plans and love every bite of it, it really is a reason to celebrate!! It is worth the price for great tasting healthy food! You scored!

I borrowed this from my strict zc forum.

It is just so true!

ZC is everything on the Health side…my ‘dieting obessions’ was everything from the other side LOL

ZC is health and we need to remember that! My zc forum posts such cool stuff and wanted to share it :sunny:

(Edith) #12

How’s your experiment going, @Fangs?

(Daisy) #13

Hi all! I know it’s been way too long, but I just got super frustrated with all the site glitches and stopped trying to come to it. I’ve been doing well with zero carb. Had a few times of seasonal fruits and vegetables, as I had planned and all was fine. I did have an issue a few weeks ago that taught me that I’m not healed and I can’t trust eating any kind of dirty carbs (like processed foods). But it was just all the more reinforcement to do what I do. I have been doing a lot of fasting the last couple months. Experimenting with a lot of variables there. I did a 112 hour fast a few weeks ago, then got super sick with both refeed syndrome (maybe?) and maybe covid. But all is well now. I’m 26 hours into a 48 hour fast currently. Going to try to catch up on you all for a few minutes. Fangs, hope your experiment is going well!

going fine, it is a very simple one and nothing spectacular at all, but I have to say I ‘don’t notice any changes’ at all that I can say ‘WOW’ this is wonderful or I can’t go the either way and say, OMG don’t do this HAHA

I will give it another week and report in. I don’t think I will continue it at all if I can’t put down a definite ‘this is worth it to me’ factor on it.

So kinda wishy washy I guess LOL

KD! KD! I was so wondering when you would pop back in and yea, when the forum had so many down days it got on my nerves too :slight_smile:

I know you are on that fence of being a ‘dirty carnivore’ LOL and I get that. Remember to all, dirty carnivore means nothing about the person., :), it just means they are eating off plan, like adding in some fruits and berries every now and then and will most likely end up being a ‘heavy protein based’ extreme low carb plan person in the end.

I know you are experimenting on you and I get this, but I must tell ya that extended fasting on zero carb, they don’t go well together, but you are also not sure if you are gonna hold zc all the way, all in and I get that too.

here is a fast read for ya about zc and fasting…just some info to ponder on cause most who extend fast it kinda will always end up working against them. There are no longer term zc people that extend fast, it is that the zc plan is truly based on the concept of ‘we eat’ and not deny our bodies and when we don’t deny ourselves food, we do so much better staying on zero carb plan and get zc results.

So again, just a read for ya on this one-----SORRY KD, the link isn’t working like it should, I will past it in another post and just read up on some things about fasting and zc.

So next post will hold that info

Possible covid, oh my on that one. Sounds like you are now over what got ya? Sorry you went down so bad! I gotta say KD 112 hrs would put me in the grave LOL

So happy you are back and will be interesting to see how you find your sweet spot and eating plan that suits you long term :slight_smile: Join our challenge thread if ya can!

(Daisy) #17

I will definitely hop onto the November one!!

(Daisy) #18

Thank you for the info. I’m doing the fasting more for spiritual reasons than health. I made a commitment to the Lord and my church to do a weekly fast from September through November. It’s actually been going really well for my mind because I’ve always been such a food addict. It’s a nice reminder that I won’t die if I don’t eat every day and it’s just been really good for my mind, body and soul. :purple_heart:

ok ok I think I remember now you mentioning something like that before now that you said that.

yes spiritual reasons are sure a top priority and I definitely get that, but also----and I know you know this!!!—eat if you truly feel ‘off’ in any way cause you never wanna harm yourself ya know :slight_smile: just a friendly reminder LOL

AND YES join in for November, happy you are back and chatting up!!

(Daisy) #20

Absolutely, it was less than a week of upset stomach (that I contributed to refeed syndrome). Felt like a stomach bug. And in the middle of it, 3 days of a slightly weird feeling in my chest. Kinda like someone spread icy hot inside of my lungs. Not painful at all, just bizarre feeling. I refuse to get tested, so I don’t know for sure, but 40 other people/family members of those people that were at a very small event with me all tested positive and a good 10 more that also refused to test, but had symptoms. So I just stayed away from people and all was well.