Another Newbie, new to Keto

(Belinda) #1

Hi all.

I am new to Keto but had lost a lot of weight with doing Atkins a while ago. In 2010 I lost about 65 lbs with doing Atkins and unfortunately, it is all back and more.

I understand that this is not really a diet but a way of living, it is so easy to get distracted and the last couple years stress got the most of me and had me eating all kinds of processed foods because it is easy.

Another thing that I need to deal with is my hate-love relationship with the scale.

So here I am at 280 lbs (last time I weighed) and in my second day of Keto. I do office work so it is easy to make something and to take it with me, but also work 2 jobs. Care giver at night and property manager at day time (single mom).

My oldest son is getting married and hopefully that event will make it that I finally get my behind in gear and get back with the program and start eating healthy.

I really have a sweet tooth, so if anyone here is a master in coming up with easy recipes that I can make with like 3 ingredients or less lol that would be awesome.

Thank you for reading my first post, I am committed and hopefully I will be able to whip this body back in shape.

B.

(Susan) #2

Welcome to the forum, Belinda =).

There is a thread on here that is really great for looking up recipe ideas called “What did you Keto today?” and also “Chaffles” are a great Keto alternate for bread/sandwiches that many of us on the forum enjoy, and the thread entitled that has a lot of great recipe ideas as well. You could easily make some of them and take Chaffle sandwiches to work with you, it would be very convenient for you.

I was a major sugar addict prior to Keto as well. I found at the beginning, I found making some fat bombs helped me transition over to being sugar free. There is a recipe section on our forum as well, that has a lot of fat bomb recipes.

I wish you all the best on your road to wellness and health with Keto, and if you have any more questions, just ask away, please, as we are all wanting to help!

(Polly) #3

Welcome @Beee.

I hope you find the support you are looking for from the lovely people on this forum.

My suggestion would be to avoid processed food and try to kill your sweet tooth by avoiding any artificial sweeteners.

(Stephanie ) #4

I enjoy some sugar free whip cream (in the can) with some sugar free jello, blueberries, strawberries with heavy cream is also a good one.

(Susan) #5

I agree with @Polly1 about avoiding artificial sweeteners, the Fat Bombs that I make have no sweeteners, but still provide a treat feeling.

Some of the ones I make are:

Coconut Oil, cream cheese and cacao powder

Coconut Oil, cream cheese, almond butter

Coconut Oil, cream cheese, vanilla/orange/lemon extract

Some people like to substitute butter for the coconut oil as well.

I mix them all well with a hand mixer, then put them in silicone icecube moulds, and put them in the freezer until frozen (a few hours) then I pop them out and store them in an airtight container in the freezer and grab one when I want one for desert after a meal.

(Belinda) #6

Thanks, will for sure make some of those bomb’s…now for drinks, what besides water do you guys drink?

I love to drink a coke zero now and then or anything else light, but I see the warning about the fake sugars…what do you guys all drink here?

I have to admit I am such a bad water drinker…

(Susan) #7

I drink a lot of water, but also a lot of herbal tea. There are a lot of different flavours of Herbal teas. I really like Celestial Seasonings Very Cherry Berry, with 2 tablespoons of Lactantian 35% cream (HWC) and it tastes heavenly. If you like, you can also add a bunch of icecubes to it to have it like a cold drink =). I did that a bunch in the summer (or even blend it up so the ice is all crushed up).

(Polly) #8

I drink water and black coffee. I recently acquired a sodastream to make my own sparkling water using the filtered water from the kitchen tap.

(Belinda) #9

Nice!!! great idea!!

When I used to get a sweet tooth more often, these helped fill the craving:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #11

My current recommendation for overcoming craving for sweet is cocoa/cacao butter, thanks to discussions here on a couple of other topics. 100% fat, but tastes like chocolate and even seems to hint of sweet. I think sweet is better lost the sooner the better, but cocoa/cacao butter would be helpful to do it without too much suffering. I think catering to sweet only prolongs the withdrawal. Best wishes.