Another Newbie IF'er

(Fred Jumayao) #1

Newbie here:

Been IF for two weeks now started with 20:4 now doing 16:8

Goal to maintain healthy weight and the benefits that come along with IF and Keto
I’m 5’8" male 56 yrs old, I weigh 184 goal is 170. started at 199. I am not diabetic

I don’t eat breakfast except for bullet proof coffee.
Eat lunch around 12pm, mostly keto not perfect because I eat at work, minimize carbs and sugars.
And for dinner I’ve been having bone broth/chicken or beef.

I’ve adjusted on my second week.

I don’t eat breakfast except for bullet proof coffee.
at lunch around 12pm, mostly keto not perfect because I eat at work, minimize carbs and sugars.
And for dinner now I have a light salad

M-F, on weekends I eat normal, with Keto minded eating, not perfect.
On weekends I may indulge in a Starbucks Mocha drink with coconut milk or almond milk.

I would appreciate any feedback. I plan on making this my lifestyle as long as my weight is around 170
and I am healthy.

Thanks everyone.
Fred

(Bacon for the Win) #2

any idea how carby this might be? I don’t do Starbucks so just wondering. Might surprise you.

(Donna ) #3

Agreeing with @NelleG, the Starbucks mocha coffee is probably really carby.

If you are looking for tweaks, you could try doing some 18:6’s instead of 16:8. Have dinner earlier, so you are fasting longer and giving your insulin a longer time to be very low, so you can tap into your fat stores.

How did you feel about the 20:4 when you did it? Do you plan to throw some 20:4’s into the mix?

Sounds like you are doing pretty well, so far. KCKO :smiley:

(Fred Jumayao) #4

Yikes - 44g of carb, there is a skinny version 24g, you think I’m sabotaging my goals I have the skinny version on weekends only? I appreciate the feedback and question.

(Fred Jumayao) #5

HI Donna, thanks for the feedback.
Ok sounds like great ideas. When I did the 20:4 it was such as struggle!!! especially during dinner. I cheated a few times with some almond nuts or slices of bacon and even some low carb quesadillas with mozzarella cheese :frowning:

Haven’t thought of alternating. Maybe I’ll try a couple 20:4 during the weekdays.