Another Carnivore Thread

ahh ha that is true but once a ‘real’ carnivore hits the science they believe behind this eating, that taste good does not trump your new belief about just how poisonous it is to you.

One reason Carn. is so natural to me.

Like Renee said once reading things like Fat of the Land and learning about why Carns think the way they do and you walk that same path, food will never be the same in your mind again. Never. Whole new world.

bob I get that. I so would love real in-depth zero carb eating…it is hardly out there. Of course there is real science behind all this and there is real fact conclusions one can make but in the end it has to be a belief in the plan.

Plus there are Carn veterans. Over 10 yrs and more on meat and are fab. Charlene Anderson is like 20 yrs carnivore. She looks fab. She has great info out there. People need to seek her out on the net and read a bit.

True life results help me from those adopting the same beliefs behind the plan.

Carn is an extremely hard plan to hold for countless people. Unless you have some belief in the backstory and facts of why you want this lifestyle, most can’t stay here at all. It is the ultimate elimination menu while we walk thru a very food heavy world. Most can’t do it. Those that can stay here know the real benefits of how they feel…personal results…and learn from the veterans on the net and have that built in belief of this is the best lifestyle and to avoid toxins out there etc.

I rarely preach Carn to anyone cause it is just so hard to tell people veg are bad for ya LOL you think people say they can’t give up bread? omg tell them that all plants are toxic to some level, fiber is never needed in your body and holy heck the fur flies LOL

Many long term vegans suffer and they don’t know why. Animal protein and fat is not the same as protein from a bean. Won’t ever be. Then add in all the subs they use to make protein etc. and carbs needed etc. and ya got a tough situation. But try to tell any vegan that…heehee….it is like telling a carnivore that meat is bad LOL

Yep, I’m drawn mostly to the n=1 stories of the folks who’ve done this long term. I’m in the “honey-moon” phase where I’m seeing results, feeling great, and not giving a righteous :poop: what people think about how I eat. I know the time of testing will come, however, it always does. Being a bit of an introvert is helpful, being a bit of a social iconoclast is also helpful, but I know difficulties will arise.
This is not a cult, we must be on our guard not to let it become so in our lives, to do so could be ruinous both to our attitudes and also to anyone who might be helped by our examples.
Veganism is, essentially, a cult. I entered it for health reasons and left because it failed to be healthy. I was never into the madness, thankfully.
As for “carnivangelizing” if I must use words to convince you that carnivory is a valid path to health and wholeness then maybe I have likewise failed to show both my physical and mental/emotional well being.

Many know precisely why and hurt themselves intentionally thinking it’s for the good. Many cheat and refuse to see that the only thing keeping them from falling apart are the cheats. Most ethical vegans have no idea that monocrop agriculture is one of the most destructive things they can do to the earth.
There’s a good interview with Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride on youtube about veganism causing mental illness. I don’t always agree with the guy doing the interview but he has some pretty good content and I like Dr. Natasha.

wow I had no idea about this.

I was never into vegan or vegetarian. I just never really followed any info on it other than some basics. You just surprised me with this statement. I am a farmer actually for over 30 yrs til we closed down the farm. Livestock galore. So I never went into the vegan type info about morals and all on eating animals etc. I just couldn’t go there but I thought most ate that way cause it was always about morals and animals and all that mess. Heck I don’t know. I would never give up my precious health on this Earth for a moral like that. I ain’t wired that way to harm myself for the greater good one might believe I guess.

I also am in the phase of I don’t give a hoot what other’s think on how I eat. I am a waitress’s worst nightmare eating out. The demands I ask on my food prep is insanity and I don’t care one bit asking and wanting what I want LOL I even freak my family out sometimes on how I eat but hey it is what it is. Family learned to work around this crazy old gal.

I have to say your Another Carnivore Thread turned out to be a hopping fun thread :crazy_face:

I love how you cannibalize the world carnivore, makes me smile~! True Carnivore right there!

Yep, and the pseudo-food industry employs plenty of people to research just how to make their stuff hit all the right buttons to keep you coming back for more and more regardless of the harm.
People wonder how could anyone be a drug addict but fail to see that food has been weaponized to be just as addictive.

Vegan activism vs the meat industry : saving the world with the Impossible Burger?

I think of my mom. She’s 78, one of her brothers lost a limb to diabetes. He died not too long after. She is in constant pain, arthritic, and has a hard time getting around. She also refuses to see where her staples of takeout pizza, TV dinners, breakfast bars, and a serious diet pepsi habit might be causing or at least exacerbating all this. So she keeps going to doctors to fix it. :frowning_face:
Someone we care about has been possibly developing Alzheimer’s so I mentioned the diabetes link…she argued that he doesn’t have diabetes and brushed it off when I tried to explain. She cannot seem to fathom that what she’s eating is why she is hurting.

wow that is so true. I kinda forgot about that. I saw a show on just what they do scientifically to make that food addictive with the right chemical balance to draw you in and keep you hooked. great point on that!!

Luckily my mom gets it. 91 and in fab health. only 1 blood pressure med and low dose. gets around great walking etc. eats good but not that good but has no problems other than aches and pains but at 91 and 2 hip surgeries she knows it is gonna happen so just deals with it. Plus she quit smoking at age 77

but my hubby’s mom. diabetic with a gazillion problems getting worse and she is only 76 now. She won’t do the food equals health idea in her mind. Fast food addict. Dr said get the fast food biscuit you love but ditch the buttermilk biscuit. Her reply, that’s the best part! LOL
We tried so hard to help her but it ain’t going down and falls on deaf ears so hubby told me we are done. It all falls where it falls for her cause one can’t truly control another’s life…so…now it is eye trouble due to diabetes, circulation troubles are happening. So sad really and omg the pill count for it all is insanity. Now she has gout they say…I see both moms and think I ain’t going there the way his mom has :slight_smile:

I get your mom. Older they get the more it is just easier to follow the same routine. Change is hard and has a lot of involvement, they just want their usual easy path and no changes forced on them. I get it but don’t like it

Yeah my brother and I have pretty much given up on her eating better. It’s just hard to listen to the litany of complaints when she refuses to even consider what’s causing them l. When I told her I was ok’d to come off BP meds she still wouldn’t consider the connection or the connection that at 48 I weigh what I did at 18 and am not in pain. The not in pain is fairly new as I was more affected by plant toxins than I realized. Last time I ate tomatoes I very nearly went to the ER I hurt so much.

I haven’t listened to all of it yet but have gotten some good takeaways

One that stood out was burping a lot after meals; I had that a lot. It’s mentioned here that it’s caused by low stomach acid. I think mine has been a lot better since being more cautious about drinking water around meals.

That is so interesting. I was surprised reading how tomatoes gave you all that pain. I am not of fan of them anyway. Leaving those things behind is never a hardship for me. Nightshades, bad news.

It isn’t even just the plants themselves, the farming of those plants are horrible to say the least. Between the chemicals to the ground, the sprays on all plants, the unclean harvesting and more, it is surprising just how much veg recall there is and just how unhealthy those suckers can be to us :slight_smile:

I will definitely check out your post on the video.
thanks for posting!

Ummm…cause it tastes good? :upside_down_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

LOL, okay, I understand that but so do the food companies. It seems fairly sad to me though, when we allow our taste buds to send us to the medicine cabinet (the doc’s office and the hospital) over and over again because we like the taste of our poison.

Awhile back I read that McRibs had glue in them. Not surprising when you consider the ‘shape’ they are in. Comments that followed that info were along the lines of, “I don’t care, it tastes good.” Like Bob, I know folks who are in really bad health who continue to eat the SAD. I guess it depends on how much one’s health means to them. Sometimes, we don’t know how important our health is till it’s gone.

BTW, this has been a great thread. I’m so thankful for all comments and views. :slight_smile:

I didn’t make the connection with tomatoes at first. I would often have low level back pain and wrote it off to my age, or driving a lot, or sleeping wrong. I cut tomatoes for a while when I went keto because of carbs. Then one day I had some and the next day a backache. This may have taken a couple of times but I cut tomatoes and that dull nagging pain vanished. Fast forward a while, I had not had tomatoes for probably months, a friend cooked an awesome soup for dinner. I had some that night and the next day not really thinking about it. I awoke in the middle of the night in such bad pain I was scared. The next morning I called her to asked if tomatoes had been in the soup; yep, chopped up cherry tomatoes.

They are called “food scientists”.Note they are not called “nutritionists”. But the latter is often a misnomer.

Here’s a good article on carnivore. It also explains the difference between ZC & PKD variants.
Hope y’all find it helpful.

(hottie turned hag) #106

Reminded me of a line in a 19 century novel, I’ve posted it before:
“He’s digging his grave with his teeth”
(referenced a “corpulent gentleman”)

Yes, sadly appropriate. Thank you for sharing.

Bookmarked and a good read, thanks.

I’m gonna have to give fish eggs a try. Oh boy! lol