Another Carnivore Thread

A comment about my current pitiful state, nothing particularly useful but I couldn’t help it.

Is there a thing where a body decides it only gets satiated with meat? I guess there is. It’s my current hypothesis or I just have one of my rare days when I simply can’t get satiated, I am just starving forever. Well, for a few hours but that’s almost the same for me. A few days ago I just needed lots of protein after I surely ate enough food. But it didn’t worked today and I even kept my carbs very low (compared to my simple keto).
I suppose those rare hungry days happen on carnivore too. Do you folks had those before or even nowadays? No idea what the reason is. Once a year or something like that, I can’t satiate my hunger, no matter what, I am not shy, I can eat very, very much but nothing ever helps. I just give up at some point and wait. It’s not because I eat some sugar or lots of carbs. I don’t remember all the details but I just eat the way I normally do around that time except I eat twice as much or more and still feel annoying, strong hunger (I call it starving except when I starved, I wasn’t even hungry. that was nicer. I suffer when I feel I’m starving). My stomach capacity is pretty big and I eat dense food so it’s not a problem. But even if I had a very full stomach, I would be super hungry still, the two things have nothing to do with each other, I don’t even care about the state of my stomach, usually.

Or am I broken? It’s so damn hard to not to be hungry sometimes and very, very rarely it’s fricking impossible. And I don’t accept hunger, never did.
Poor, poor souls who can’t even get satiated because of their strange illness. It must be hell. I would go crazy after a week. Or suicidal.

Maybe I should just stop eating until Friday :frowning: . My SO’s Mom is an expert at cooking meat, she said she gladly make something from the mutton (we go to the farm and then to her, coming back first would slow us down, we would waste resources too… and she has space in her freezer now unlike normally). That will be nice. And surely satiating. But all my protein was good until now… I don’t understand.

Be thankful for satiation, folks. That’s a great thing.
I am sure tomorrow will be better :slight_smile: I was born with this deficit (unrealistic optimism). In the worst case, I can make interesting experiments.

I try not to come until I resume my carnivore trial, I am not a particularly good company now. I eat mutton goulash first, though (satiation effect of ruminant meat in the presence of potatoes and carrots… every day is an experiment if I want). I join the others in their mountly fast soon so I need a very meaty day before that, I believe that helps. So, maybe I start on the 13rd but eat mostly meat (and eggs) starting with the 10th. And it won’t be a long time until February so I guess I will stay on track until that and I eat whatever I want afterwards (I basically do that anyway but I have these stricter trials when my determination and curiosity keeps me from eating certain, not too important at the moment things. It’s easy to do short term).

I truly don’t think you are broken at all :slight_smile:

I won’t accept hunger either. I can’t do any time of limiting diet cause I tried, it never works, so carnivore works so well for me that I can eat all I can…and with protein and fat, it does satisfy and keep me from going crazy on food so that is a plus for sure for me.

I have super hunger days where I can truly eat way more than I ever thought I could and I am still ‘not satisfied’ but I am satiated but will keep eating to get ‘some satisfaction’ I am missing.

When I feel these days happening I go to some known appetite killers for me. Bacon. I eat 1 lb. of bacon and I know it just satifsfies me and while I ‘might wanna’ eat after still, I find I just can control myself so much better.

Thing is on carnivore you are allowed to eat :slight_smile: But if you truly feel something is ‘off’ in your eating, it could be that there is a taste you want, your emotional about food or something or stress from something else, you know, something is dragging you that way.

But yea I have days like this, but definitely not often. When I do have them I inhale a lot of bacon. Also I might change taste with some spices cause if I do get a ‘taste change’ I find again it ‘hits a satisfaction’ that just isn’t about satiety.

I hope that makes sense, it is what I do when I get into that type of thing. Sometimes we just want more, or different or ??? who knows but nice thing is if you can find that fun food that might hold ya better, like a million slices of bacon does for me LOL you might hold better also.

I found these times to just be things we have to deal with, little problems we see come up for all of us and you just find the ‘right fix’ for you and go for it and experiment a bit etc. You will find that right combo that does satisfy you and makes those days easier on ya.

Hey all, over in PKD thread, Ilana Rose posted a wonderful post about her journey into carnivore and where she came from and what she overcome. It is a fabulous read. Just saying if anyone isn’t reading the PKD thread, jump over and check out her post.

It is absolutely uplifting! It is a success story to the max! Carnivore rocks for so many of us for so many reasons :slight_smile: This is just a great read on her experiences.

(Ashley) #1194

So I’m finally hitting that feeling I had when I first started keto where I have a lot of energy and mental clarity. It took a few days but it’s getting there. I still am not sleeping the best but that’s OK.

(Ashley) #1195

I tried to search for it but I’m not sure which thread you’re referring to.

I think it might be this one, Ashley:

On those days where you feel like you are starving, have you tried upping your fat? Fat is super satiating for me.

(Ashley) #1198

Ty

LOL
for me it when the darn batteries in the thing are starting to die.
it reads xyz, then get on it again and reads 4 lbs higher, get on it again and down 2 lbs.
drives me nuts. I put endless new batteries in that sucker it seems :slight_smile:

I got a hankering for seafood lately. Yum.

As much as I adore my ribeye and thrive on it, I just find ‘surf and turf’ to be such a ‘decadent’ pairing.

I remember the old days of my parents taking us out to eat. Always the most expensive thing on the menu was like ‘surf and turf’.

Steak and lobster. Filet mignon and crab cakes. All those delish combinations. Price back then was rough, price now eating out on it is screamingly crazy HA

but to make it at home at a fraction of the cost…priceless :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You know, just chatting it out cause I love my friggin’ food I eat on carnivore.

I eat so well. I just lost another lb. down the scale. Yea it takes longer to lose some lbs. but my body composition is changing to leaner/meaner zero carb machiner person :slight_smile:

(hey FB, I got the rights on that for profit ya know…you can’t dub ‘leaner/meaner zero carb machiner’ and get paid for that ya know HA)

but hold this plan, eat the meat and seafood you love, thrive in this plan and enjoy it and all good benefits come your way!

Hard thru adaption and healing up process of detox and your body adjusting and changing, darn right it can be for many…but in all honesty once thru so much one might experience…the grass is greener on the other side of adaption is true. It is greener and better and wonderful.

So hold strong carnis!! We got this!!

(mole person) #1201

Lol… you’re priceless. We need to get you some pom poms because I don’t think the planet has a more enthusiastic carnivore cheerleader than yourself :rofl:.

I have to say though, that I do understand your insane enthusiasm. I really love it too. My brain seems to scream with pleasure when I eat now. This is a pretty new experience even though I’ve been pretty strictly carnivore for almost a year. It’s a different feeling too than just loving the taste. I can’t quite put my finger on it. It’s like my body wants it. Sometimes I feel a bit like a zombie eating brains…my mind shuts down to nothing but the food, it feels pretty animalistic.

Very cool post! Loved your experiences and chat on it all.

what you said, you can’t quite put your finger on it? I am the same.

It is like animalistic but to me in a way I gear more towards what nature intended our lives and thoughts to be. Like we finally took all the chemical additives, the possible plant antinutrients out of our bodies, it is like we are born into another time. A time when a true thought was instinctual, it was natural, it was universal.

yea I am going a bit overboard but when one goes from the sluggy thinking and brain fog of old times to such a clearer thought process and we ‘feel’ our bodies needing and wanting, it is like it is an all over cosmic message we try to relate to others but can’t get it out there…cause if you don’t go here, you can’t know it as we do.

It is like you wanna scream it out as you said…scream out what health feels like in total. scream out hey everyone wake the heck up…yet that is so hard to put out there for others…….well, you know, without being called a cult mentality or something HAHA

we are so far from that but if the majority can’t feel it then it has to be 'all wrong; and a ‘cult of some sort’…heehee, I tell ya it flips my mind on it tho….LOL

you want to tell others to get their butts here and ride out the detox storm, and yet that sounds like we are a cult…HAHA I don’t think we can win at all LOL but many are coming our way and feeling it so…got the fingers crossed more walk the path it takes to get here!!

great chat. I enjoy this type of chat hearing how well others are and ‘get me’ in that feeling. I feel so much more connected when someone gets it and feels it as I do. Won’t ever be the same timeline for all to get that feeling, but all we can do is walk this way more and put in that effort to fix our personal troubles in life with our bodies and hope for the best. Keep the Faith Carnivores! :slight_smile:

I appreciate your post and feelings on how well you are doing!!!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1203

I started Carnivore at 144 lbs on New Years Eve. I did drink quite a bit that night and the day after New Year’s Day I was 147 lbs. Then I started dropping and am at 142 this morning. I have been eating pretty heavy most days.

Yesterday:

2 New York steaks (only 1 left from 11 now) two eggs, a sausage patty and an ounce of Vermont White Cheddar Cheese, Butter. I dropped two pounds since yesterday. I’m feeling good generally but I have a sore throat, and I never get sick. Like I can’t remember the last time. I hope it doesn’t go into my lungs. So what should I do to relieve my sore throat that won’t mess my diet up? :sneezing_face: Should I just use a few throat lozenges and not worry about it? :cowboy_hat_face:

Honey is an animal product.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1205

@FrankoBear Honey seems kind of questionable as an animal product, lots of fructose and definitely not ZC. I don’t keep it in my house so possibly I could buy some today if it gets worse. Usually I would make lemon slices in hot water, or ginger tea in the past. :cowboy_hat_face:

I had doubts and opinions. So I had to test it (last year). n=1.

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/cough-sore-throat-general-cold/85097/3?u=frankobear

ahhh, I feel your freezer depletion pain. When we get that super great deal on meat we think, oh that is enough, then we go…ahhhh heck no wish I bought more cause I am darn near out of it. Been there also LOL

yes use the throat lozenges as you need. I just wouldn’t do the ‘over the top’ things like ‘honey’ to help etc.

we all know the best course of lowest whatever ingestion to find relief…I know you do. Yea do that :slight_smile: I do that Cloaseptic Spray (no clue how to type that name) and I will do salt/water gargle if I go into that bad throat zone.

Hope you feel better BUT CONGRATS on being down on the nasty scale and ya got rid of that alcohol fun time. Yea I did it, and my body finally gave it up a bit also…I dropped 1 on the scale down so my ‘holiday booze’ is out of my system LOL

edited to say I do OTC drugs as I must. I do a sore throat cough drop thing if needed. Those little things to me mean nothing in that they are small, make me feel good, fix things, but are not ‘a meal’ in any way ya know. They are not that heavy hit direct ‘suck down honey by the spoonful’ sugar intake that can make us icky. So yea use some OTC meds as ya need…but being sicky, just keep remembering that the body will repair the sicky any way it requires, so a few lbs. might come back on as it fights the virus or whatever ya know…just get thru the real bug while you can and not worry about it all if you just put a little watch into how you go about helping your symptoms.

These sound good.

You have raised an important thinking discussion point.

What is the best course during acute infectious illness with one’s chosen WOE?

I reckon treat the illness/ illness symptoms as the priority. The WOE is there once recovered.

But there is more isn’t there?

What if what is being eaten is contributing to the illness!?

So I’d reckon stay close to the healthy WOE but transgress on any self made rules for substances that are used as treatments.

(Ashley) #1209

Back down to 208 I think maybe my body is adjusting well now! Something occurred to me, even though I am 208 lbs. and I have a lot of weight to lose! Someone pointed out I may be fluctuating with weight, but They can tell I’m still down a lot of inches! Maybe we view ourselves differently to others :thinking: just today’s thought! Now it’s steak and eggs time!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #1210

Gelatine. Dissolve a tsp of powdered gelatine some in hot water and drink it as if it were tea. Unbelievably soothing and 100% carnivore.

Hope you feel better soon!

EDITED to say: the gelatine is just a soother - it isn’t a cure for the germs, obviously. To kill germs, gargle (loudly - it helps) with warm salt water. And follow that up with the gelatine.