Angus August Carnivore

@Karen18, a daddie rattie? yikes!
can’t kill a fly even? ahhh your a kind hearted soul, but being around me wouldn’t suit ya, haha, being a farmer I live by a different code, :wink:

@JJFiddle
I didn’t know you were having like more reactions to certain meats the way ya are…that is rough to find out. see for me I didn’t have to go in beef only because I just do well literally on all meats. I am one of the carnivores that doesn’t have to even ‘watch myself inside of carnivore’ so I consider that just a pleasure but when ya have pork intolerance, and so many have histamine issues and more, I feel for those carnivores, it can be walking a thinner tightrope. but you will find all that works for ya best!!

yea nothing is ever simple is it :sunny: for me a patty is anything smooshed and round or could be square. Like a sausage patty. Or a salmon patty. So the ‘patty’ is the form it takes. The hamburger can be a patty but a hamburger can also be with the bun and condiments like ya said…omgosh us humans have too much info on one little item HA

------------------alot of big dark clouds, not sure if pop up Tstorm to come thru or if it will clear. I think clear tho, I see pokes of sun around.

the jellyfish stings are now big red round icky looking things on my leg, like I got covered in Smallpox or something. starting itchy again, will take another allergy pill to maybe help it.

off to metal detect and swim and goof off.

defrosting 2 pork loins for tonights dinner. also got some burgers I am defrosting for today, so zc food covered.

hold strong carni all!

Oh I don’t talked about “patty” in general, just the hamburger patty. That is supposed to be beef here. I think.

A general patty can be anything. We are super generous with those more general words.

It’s not easy to try to translate things between our language… It’s often impossible. But the beef part referred to the hamburger meat.

We had rain and hail…

Why is there “loin” when “chops” already exist? They are about the same according to pics… Or you call them chops when they have those handles? Our chops (if I translate the word well. I start to doubt everything regarding cuts) never have those but I talked about that before…

(Karen) #144

And so to settle the debate :laughing:20220808_140859

OK S I get ya on what you are saying, you are so right, everything in ‘cuts’ or ‘roasts’ and patties of this or that can truly get just so overlapped and then take location, a steak in one country is called club steak, or round steak, or flank and more and yet they are called other names in other locations. I just say if the darn thing looks good to eat and grill up, darn have at it LOL

@Karen18
K to the rescue on the why of the burger, or hmm, hamburger!!! Love it, that was interesting!!

-----------------getting big thunder boomers out over the ocean, not sure if it will swing in or go out…I don’t care, I am at the beach :slight_smile: hubby is surf fishing and I was commanded to go back to the RV and get him a few bottles of water he forgot to bring…weeeee…servant on demand I am HA

(Edith) #146

I am probably overstepping myself since we are only forum acquaintances, but I will say it anyway. You seem to be in a similar situation as @Karen18. Your job seems to cause you a high amount of stress. Maybe you can find something you enjoy more that would keep you closer to home?

Sorry friend- I was three sheets to the wind then…I tend to a be bit excessive before going on call.

I can’t even tell you what I was thinking. Yeah, back to reality.

Sorry…:man_shrugging::slightly_smiling_face:

damn @coopdawg, I don;t have a clue what you are referring to at this point, thread moves so fast, I lost sight of what you are trying to say to me…but 3 sheets to the wind? Now now now IF I get you right you are needing some consultation and bloodwork??? or ??? and waiting on that to start carnivore??

Coop you got me in a not sure what is doing mode with ya :slight_smile: :slight_smile: so kinda not sure how to come at ya in responses ya know!!

VE I SO agree with you but darn that is a very hard call to say to someone but a good call to say, but if one can make changes that work and all is cool then that jolt is a good thing…but then darn ya got those in it ‘all’ can are younger and can’t abandon their career just yet but the darn thing is weighing on their every nerve???

I get this, cause I was just in it truly, close farm, keep farm all in, hubby quit real job? ugh, scary, and then hubby get part time job while I do farm? or or or or cause it is just frightening to make massive moves but ya know what, when that DARN time hits, ya make the call for your health.

hubby retired from farm and ‘real job’ at age 53 cause his back. job was 12 hr shift work, on concrete moving heavy cable rounds with running a big machine…plus home to do ALL farm work and it was like…he became a ‘pretzel’ and ‘brain dead’ and I SAW MY future with him and I did not like it one bit. I would be nurse maid to a warped body hubby and I said, nope and I convinced him to close farm, changeover, sell land which means we could do this and belive me, he is a new man and a saved soul at this point for going more into retirement.

you are right, hard call for all but when it is done it is done but one hopes one can see it before too late :slight_smile: good post VE

No problem at all!

OK, whenever I’m about to go on (sober) standby, I might (not all the time!) have a few too many scoops…and then sometimes I don’t make sense, even though at the time I think I know what I’m on about.
It’s a bit silly. Forums are hard to convey context at the best of times; but even harder after a few drinks.

Three sheets to the wind is our slang for having ‘had a few’ (drinks) btw.

Ohhhh 3 sheets to the wind in booze language, ok I get ya now

but remember, one has to drop booze for a tiny bit coming into carnivore so when ya do drink later, you understand your real tolerance on zc. your few drinks might only be 1 cause I tell ya, I sure can’t handle it the way I did before, but then again, I am now 60.5 yrs old and any booze nails me a bit more but with zc, I am super nailed and I found I never require it now like I did back in the younger days, it seems that zc kinda says to us we don’t need to ‘alcohol poision in our guts’ LOL,well it worked that way for me tho. zc changed my life on booze point blank to all better, so hey, any one coming this way might get some good benefits too but of course we are to each our own always!!

I am completely lost at this point… I don’t even try to understand steaks.
By the way, what is steak, the simple one? It’s some fancy cuts only, right?
But this steak and that steak, well that can be anything, even tuna and pork… I know that, the frikadeller thing I never know what to call but patty or meatball sounds good, well we use the Hungarian words for vegan stuff too as the role and vague look is similar. But it’s obviously not the real thing, not belonging to the group with the plain word. But the original has breadcrumbs and maybe even the (for me) normal meaty ones aren’t exactly that… But I need to call them somehow and everything that matters is there, it’s just not diluted. I am sure people could argue about that a lot. I use some words in a relaxed way myself but dislike other too relaxed uses (like vegan sponge cake. nope. okay it has air bubbles so I kinda understand but it has nothing to do with the proper one, even mine is closer to it as it has the only vital ingredient, egg :smiley: but I can understand not everyone is thinking the same).
Like, goulash is always beef. Lamb goulash is lamb, it’s a very proper traditional one, we have these 2 kinds but if we use it without “lamb” (btw it’s odd to use lamb for mutton. lamb is baby mutton. but I saw it so often I change my ways), people probably will think of the beef one… Okay, I have no clear idea if the lamb can be omitted without it becoming wrong (it’s just easily misleading but not much harm is done as long as no one has problems with either. or have problems with both as they have more or less carbs). But people can make faux goulash (no meat. it may be still nice, I think there are some with bones…? but no thanks, it would be a disappointment) or whatever. But only with something in front of the word as they are not that.

But life is complicated, fine. It’s worse when the same thing is called differently…

Alvaro had his lunch and I couldn’t resist and ate my tiny egg pudding (only a small egg with tongue water. not nearly as good as meat soup, I will convert it into meat soup later, I still have pork ham/butts as always).
So I expect hunger any time now. It’s fine, it’s 4pm already.
I keep drinking warm water (tea gets boring and tiresome after some time and I drink it super weak… still, water is easier and it’s all about the warmth now) for my not too bad but not fully okay throat. I feel irresistible desire to put warmth on it. But I am okay enough. Just want to be better. Why to be content with something less?

[…]
And then I ate. I wasn’t hungry today but not eating after I had my egg pudding surely never would have worked.
Fat grams add up like crazy and even I had a plan and I just a bit strayed from it… Oh well :slight_smile: It was an okay OMAD meal (OMAD with an egg pudding some time before it, good enough for me).
I had to take breaks, it’s not THAT quick for me to eat 120+ g protein and fat anywhere close to carnivore without hunger. But my body appreciated the meal and everything, it was great too, I just have this odd thing near/on carnivore quite often. I don’t feel a bottomless pit :slight_smile: And pork is quite satiating to me.

Lo and behold, my tender pale pork (the inside of the roast. I eat the nice colored fatty outer parts first, the leftover is pale and leaner. but it was so tender now, best roast ever from this cut) fried a bit in a pan! It got so pretty! A tiny pork jowl on top, a sausage, sponge cakes. And the tongue (I tried to eat it plain, nope, it needs its paprika)! Alvaro ate two lean tips (borderline edible but too lean so I always let him have it) and I ate the rest from one tongue (that he dislikes due to the fattiness while I consider it being among the best meat items and in general food items in existence. I really, really, really love pork tongue boiled in spicy water covered in paprika).
I had some more eggs but I almost ate this.

I enjoyed it but not as much as I would have with a proper throat. I hope I will be okay tomorrow but it’s not a big deal, I am just bad with any health problems.

120g fat, 140g protein, guesstimation says. Wow, protein is higher than fat, it happens sometimes… I am quite satiated but missed things in the end so maybe I ate more than what would have been okay longer term. But I like to get properly satiated. It’s especially important when I do OMAD (or something similar like today).

My last pork slab is defrosting in the fridge now. I will need it tomorrow, I want to make a proper soup from the tongue water and possibly some fried pork… Or is it too lean for it? I don’t want something more complicated and I haven’t even cleaned the oven pot yet so no more roasts now, it would be boring anyway. It was great but I need some variety.

(Karen) #153

Karen coming to the rescue again :rofl:
Drunk :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Yeah, @coopdawg brings new words and terms into my English knowledge all the time :smiley:

Thanks, @Karen18!

Oh, booze. I never ever could test my tolerance on keto/carnivore… I just drink way too little for it. And I dropped beer last year too. I think I bought a can this year because it has something odd/interesting flavor and I am still too curious…

I’m aiming to reduce, maybe even quit. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Karen) #156

Wakeful and dream filled when asleep kind of night. Up and out in the garden to enjoy the sun before it became searing and it started burning my little legs withing half an hour after sitting out… 8am! Whats that all about? South facing garden and all that!

Had buffalo wings for lunch and on and off after that some cheese then a sirloin steak for dinner which was very nice, eaten with the special butter of course.

Popped over to my daughters to cuddle Astrid for an hour or so as my daughter is working long hours this week. Could only manage an hour and a half as her house got so hot and I was melting. Just had a nice cool bath to get unsticky and cool down before watering the garden, mind you it all looks pretty okay at the mo so may wait till morning. I do try to conserve water even though on a water meter. We are not yet amongst those in the country with hose pipe ban but it won’t be long I guess, with this heatwave and another to come we can’t escape it forever. I do like the hot weather but of course I do want some rain and I would never have said that when my garden was a jungle hahahaha I used to dread rain and then hot weather back then!

Oh my goodness the wood pigeons do make me laugh, they are always chasing each other off the fence, yes I am outside again! I am sitting in the shaded part of garden, its after 7pm and there is now a lovely bit of a breeze.

Took a few pics earlier … and of course foody ones :wink:

If you zoom in to this last one you will see the rattie fam scurrying around on the ground by the back gate. The neighbours shed that they live under is just the other side of the fence. They don’t bother me and seem not to bother my neighbours either!

Just felt peckish and had these Beef Burgers with special butter. Flippin lovely! Yum.

@Karen18: Your wings are always sooo pretty! The flowers too :slight_smile: I have nothing new, just the usual, morning glory, my only small vinka (it reduced the number and size of its flowers too. but it keep bringing them, I like that kind of flowers)… And there are always others but nothing spectacular. Not like I don’t appreciate them all… But I have less flowers than usual now. Maybe some red roses but they are so out of sight and small too though that’s no problem… And of course, summer lilac, it blooms ALL summer.

I planned a super lean day. 56% fat. I won’t stick to it for sure but I wanted to see if I can do it properly. Yeah, my pork is leanish enough, I just shouldn’t overdo tongue and the others… (The tongue is fine, I eat it rarely. But then I don’t want to be too shy ;)) I keep my eggs on the whiter side too (there are egg dishes where I am fine with more whites and I actually prefer that for boiled eggs and deviled eggs). Some fish would be nice but the variety is little and I am not sooo much into it. But sometimes it’s an option.
I am really curious what would happen when I go beyond my safe minimum protein (that’s 120g) and my fat intake is significantly lower :slight_smile: So I will experiment. I so very rarely do that as I automatically go for fattier things. Or those too and fat super easily adds up even on OMAD. And when I manage to eat leaner, I get satiated quickly and end up eating multiple meals and my fat raises again. So I need some conscious effort. I don’t enforce anything, that never was my style, I eat when I need more fat or more food, I am just curious how I feel with more protein and less fat, how satiating is that, both shorter and longer term. Especially on OMAD. I always wanted to know that…
So now I plan something leaner for a cute sized OMAD meal, eat it (or almost that), ask my body and figure out what to do.
But I will plan fattier meals too, it’s just probably results in eating until I reach 120g protein, no matter the fat intake. I had days with twice as much fat than protein and vice versa (that’s rare but theoretically possible) but normally they are close. If my protein is leaner, I automatically add fat somehow (usually not for that dish unless it’s too lean for me) so things tend to balanced out. But I managed to change it to some extent since I can use leaner pork as a very important staple. Fish never helped much as I ate only a few bites. But pork ham/butts? I can eat 600g at once (with tiny breaks and under certain, not too hard to met circumstances) and that’s probably still my record for meat eaten in one sitting.

(Daisy) #158

Completed 15 days of my fast. Just broke my fast at exactly 360 hours with an egg cooked in ghee. I’m taking the reintroduction very slowly.

(Michael) #159

Congratulations on quite a long fast. I am sure once you refeed you will be healthier for it.

(Robin) #160

Holy mackerel, way to go!

(Judy Thompson) #161

WOW beautiful fast KD! Love your egg fast-breaker too.
@Shinita thank you. Never used dkg but I’ll try it by weighing foods on a scale. Egg, cream, and cheese. So simple!
@Karen18 hamburger here is mostly just beef. Since I buy from a farmer in VA I’m spoiled and only buy grassfed ground beef, it tastes so different than the “pink slime” they offer!
Your garden is so beautiful, the rattie family just seems to belong there. Sweet pic of them by the gate! And your garden is lovely the size it is. You make use of every square inch of it!
This morning, 2½ beef hot dogs leftover from yesterday.
Today, big chicken breasts with bone broth/ghee gravy.

Tonight, another chicken salad, chicken, egg and mayo.
@Fangs yup I’m not that surprised that I turned out to be sensitive to some meats. I never was before but this “ultimate elimination” points up things we weren’t aware of.
It’s just that there’s so much bad medical history in my family. I’m expecting that this is going to clean me up considerably and afterward I might be able to add some of these things back in.
Your beach trip sounds like great fun!