Angus August Carnivore

(Karen) #122

Gosh 36 posts. I didn’t 0ist yesterday… now what was i doing that stopped me posting … ah yes I went dancing in the afternoon and had a lovely time, felt hungry when we finished dancing so pucked up some ham to nibble on way back and got home about 5pm then watered my thristy plants and ate a bit of this and a bit of that… cold roast pork, cold water prawns, cheese, some more chicken wings out of the freezer. Hmm think that was all. I had been to work in the morning and had a fairly relaxed morning and ate chicken and sausage for brunch about 1130.

Sat in the garden first thing this morning and read my books and then went to local town on bus to meet Raymond for breakfast. We were too late for brekkies so I had a small plate with some plain chicken breast and 2 hard boiled eggs. The cafe ladies were lovely and accommodated my strange zc diet. A touch of salt and the chicken was invigorated and tastes very nice lol. That saw me till I got home via the charity shops for some more books. I feel a very great thirst for theological knowledge and self help/awareness books at the moment and picked up 4 or 5 interesting looking books. Then grabbed some bird food as they are hungry as lol. Sat outside skimming through the books in the garden to choose which was to be my next read and while I did that the oven was on and in went 4 spicy chicken thighs i had prepared, frozen and defrosted overnight in fridge… again very tasty. Had a bit of cheese too. the juice on plate is just the thigh juice and it all went down the hatch :wink:

Now I have finished the thighs I am going back to my garden chair to carry on reading. :smile: and I need to dead head and water the containers.

(Robin) #123

Your chicken wings and thighs photos always make name happy.

(Linda ) #124

Knees are my weakness I think …I’ve had two knee surgeries and although the 2nd went way more simple than the first…Touch wood nothing in the last couple years. So i feel you on the knee pain… to follow your sore kneee up with jelly fish stings ouch.
That’s a big part of the reason I had a pool built between jelly fish and red alge tide the visits to the beach were getting alot less even though getting to a beach here can take less than 30 minutes…
I do hope you get to enjoy your remaining time trouble free.

yesterday I had a hungry day so ended up eating an extra meal of chicken salad…(chicken and mayo)

Todays first meal didn’t happen til 5pm bacon and eggs will eat flanken ribs and eggs later…

Went walking with Billie and Mrs.Bear down a winding dirt track in the forest. We had a series of winter cold fronts hit hard last week. Cold winds and rain. Broken trees. Some sunshine returned today. Rain water tanks overflowing. That water tastes so good. The almond tree has blossomed tricking us in to thinking about Spring.

I ate a steak on Friday night. Last night was thick lamb chops. Pan fried on the wood fire. Then a sprinkle of salt. I have needed the meat. I can tell because it has tasted so delicious. We had goat cheese to start.

I find a stable life feeds the ZC lifestyle best for me. When in the countryside, at home, I crave and enjoy it. This month I hope to discover how to hold strong to the plan while being buffeted by life when away from home for work.

This is a photo of Billie in the city during the long visit for work. She is two and a half years now and has not eaten processed pet food since she came home from the breeder. She gets raw bones, chicken frames, beef, tallow, eggs, and sardines. Are female Labradors meant to be muscly? She is built like an Olympic swimmer, and swims like one.

@Fangs get some bone broth to fix up that knee strain. Give it healing collagen and amino acids.

(Megan) #126

It depends on their genetics/breed lines. Many people keep their dogs overweight making it hard to see the muscle. Labs are a powerful muscular breed, not as muscular as say a rottie, but still muscular. She looks amazing!

(Judy Thompson) #127

Billie looks amazing! Your photos are so great FB, I always look forward to them.
@Fangs Lord, you can’t win for losing! Hope the knee and jellyfish attacks have subsided by tomorrow and you can settle in and enjoy your vacay.

Another crazy day, taught the morning hours and then fixed lunch, just seared the rest of the boneless pork chops I sous vided yesterday. I think I’m discovering that pork and I are not meant to be together :cry: Lord knows we’ve given it our best shot. Maybe a small amount of something like bacon would work as long as there’s enough of something else. But my digestion just doesn’t like it.
Since we played our duo lastnight at the fancy restaurant and got to bed late, we both had to nap after lunch! Then hustling to iron my dress and get ready for tonight’s gig. We have a blast at these. Tonight, we had several sing-alongs in the restaurant, several tables joining in to sing old songs, country tunes, Dean Martin songs. A really nice gathering there.
Tomorrow morning I play guitar for church. In the busy week, I have managed to rewrite the hymns in the right keys (a project I really want to accomplish for the whole hymnal) but haven’t gotten the PDFs into my Surface to take them along, so I’ll have to do that in the morning. We don’t know if we’re going to the pickers circle at the roadhouse, depends on if our singer is leading the session. It would be nice to have an afternoon off before starting back teaching on Monday!

I always was bad at sticking to plans but these days are the worst at it :smiley:
I changed my basic attitude towards Sunday a few times already, no idea what the day will bring at this point.
I swapped from seriously plant-based to full carnivore with my leftover pork roast as a base (I don’t seem to be bored of it yet), now I wonder maybe I will avoid ideating my pork, I will make some quiche in the near future (I already mixed the tiny experimental amount - I am sure it will be good but still. I never make something new with much material. unless the changes are tiny and no way it won’t be quite good. I didn’t bake it yet as good luck with my “not eating until necessary even if it’s Sunday” plan. I ate all day yesterday, for real this time, not just my normal “all day” after 12-2pm). I need to be careful with eggs but not that much and my pork day will contain little. And I have many egg whites. And some super tempting pork belly. So eggs, cheese, processed meat and maybe a little pork roast sounds just fine for today.

And tomorrow I can eat my pork roast and only a few eggs.

One day I want to do it more comfortably, making plans when I get hungry or something. Okay, vague plans are needed as I should know when to defrost meat… But I should do it simply when I run out.

Didn’t track yesterday yet, I just know I went significantly over a pound of meat this time :slight_smile: Pork belly, pork roast and only a slice of sausage.

Weather is nice! Cloudy, windy, cool, not too much! Just to be pleasant after the hot sunny times. It’s wonderful, I could sleep in my room again :slight_smile: My mattresses (I don’t own a bed as I don’t see the point) are way comfier here.

Piggy has her usual wonderful appetite. We seriously underestimate it when buying cucumber. But she gets other things and she loves the lucky grass that avoided getting all dry and yellow ages ago in this draught. Cucumber is just her favorite snack she jumps gleefully any time from the daw late into the night. (Surely she would love it at 3am too but no one is awake to feed her then. And it would take a big pile to ensure she won’t run out of it in no time. No, she would probably eat her to sick… This one never had unlimited food in front of her. I’ve read about doing that with hay… I don’t know what would happen. Even a guinea pig should get full eventually… At least I would think so.)

I will track and read back later.

Loved reading that LOL you write such good posts!

darn girl, I feel for you on that. It is a nasty issue one time let alone 2!!
Your pool is amazing and I get ya on what is out there lurking in the ocean along the shore. Hubby surf fishes and caught a 5 ft Bonnet Head shark and I was swimming kinda down a bit from his lines in the water and I am thinking, damn ya know…he catches that and I am swimming with that thing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Then I think how dumb am I to be swimming near where he is baiting the water? Again dumb move but I do it :star_struck: I am sure you are loving that new pool of yours Azi, use the heck out of it!

I so feel ya, you are not a ‘new carnivore at all’ but you are trying to find that food issue that works for you best cause at home, we feel secure, happy, in our element, living as we want, our meats at our fingertips and then we break that happiness and WORK for income cause we must and if we have to travel etc. longer times, it throws that monkey wrench into your zc times and upsets the apple cart…I so get this FB but I feel like you are learning big ways to handle it and keeping that zc lifestyle best ya can in tow and you keep working on it always!

Yes all animals are meant to have muscles. In todays pet food world it won’t give them alot of chance to be what they should be, plus your dog moves!! You hike her and swim her and more and she is the best she can be!! I love Billie! Let her know she has a fan base online please and Fangs thinks she is adorable!

ahhh, I am sorry for ya on that but alot of people easily have pork meat intolerance and it is a real deal thing so…but yea if you can keep some bacon or anything else, keep it as like a side dish maybe and you do better…but hey, if no pork, we got BEEF to handle the difference LOL

You are so busy in your music world!! Dean Martin. I say names like this to my kiddo and she is like ‘who’ …omg tears me up inside for the young’ins to have no clue on the oldies but goodies!

Very great!! Hey inside you is a full on carnivore screaming to get out LOL I see you walking into this lifestyle and holding onto it cause I think you truly enjoy it. You got a true hidden meat hound dog in ya :sunny:

-----------So knee improving a bit more which is good from whatever stupid I did to it. Jellyfish stings on back of thighs, check, OK, too a benedaryl to help it and I think it did…got some welts left tho…but today is a new beach day and sunny and hot and nice. I will go see what trouble I can bring upon myself :roll_eyes::joy:

me and kiddo hit the ocean later after the jelly stings got better and we bobbed and boogie’d some waves for 2.5 hrs straight…omgosh we had fun. A few people around swimming but in the end, we looked around and no one, all gonzo and bigger waves hitting with high tide coming and we were SO TIRED she looked at me and said, mom you tired? and I said yes I can barely function right now and she was like me too and back to the RV we went where we got cleaned up with outdoor shower and then both of us couldn’t move literally for a 1/2 hr…then heading into a yum meat meal…IT WAS A FAB DAY!

lasts night dinner on the grill at the RV
image000000%20(9)

Kiddo wanted no steak, just a skewer of shrimp and we cooked 2 ribeyes and split one small skewer of shrimp for me and hubby. Can I give this a big yum? YES IT WAS!!

defrosting chicken legs to be cooked on the grill for lunch later and got me 2 smaller pork loin roasts for grill tonight.

yes, camping and ZC go very well together :slight_smile:

Early Angus August guys, but everyone is rolling strong, doing well, I so enjoy reading the posts by all!

(Karen) #130

Aww Billie 's coat looks so healthy and shiny… her diet obviously reflects this xxx you know you maybe just have to get more prepared when sour in the City. I know I have to be prepped ready for my work days, however I do tend to eat the same thing for the 3 days, having said that I cook something different to eat at night… last thing at night before going up to bed I ask myself what have I got out of the freezer to tomorrow and then take out what I fancy, and if the next day is a work day I take out my chopped or sliced chicken to take with me. Cant bear the thought of going hungry, thats why I was so annoyed I hadn’t taken food to the garage … just in case it took longer than expected (I usually do take a bit of something to tied me over if sitting and waiting)… my trip there last Monday cost me in more ways than one!

(Karen) #131

You know pork doesn’t sit that well with me either! For years I have been eating according to my Blood Group and I am the hunter gatherer so progressing to Carnivore was an absolute cinch but according to my blood type I shouldn’t eat Pork (or Goose). I can see why. I have learnt to like Pork again after not liking it for years and re introduced it into my diet just for pure variety. I have been thinking for a while that I may cut it out again so decided I wouldn’t spend initially buy any more and just finish off the stock in the freezer … I have a couple of shoulder joints, some chops, sausages and 1 pk of belly slices. I also decided I wouldn’t bother eating the skinned fillet chicken breasts that are in there as they don’t hold me at all. I suppose I could slice them and add spice to take to work but I have already told Raymond I would take them over for his freezer as he likes them in the slow cooker. Eating according to my blood group advocates Bison and Beef to be my best foods for healing and weight loss, not that I need the latter. I still have plenty variety of meats I can eat such as lamb, chicken, turkey, duck and obviously things like heart and liver and oily fish… So I seriously think I will adhere more to that once I have eaten the pork products.

You do keep yourselves busy with all your gigs and church, just as well you enjoy what you do.

(Karen) #132

This past week I was feeding my neighbours piggies, she has 2, they love the cucumber too. I was putting that and cabbage leaves in their house and it was the cucumber they literally snatched from my fingers! :grinning:

I have my ideas and circumstances but yep, I do like my pork :blush: But I need breaks when I only have one cut. Today will be my eggier, cheesier, creamier day, then pork roast again and the next day I cook tongue! So I probably can do it right. I hope I can buy some other meat on Tuesday (small town so it’s not sure)… Or on Wednesday (city if Alvaro heals - he isn’t okay yet but nothing serious - so I surely will find something).

So the plant-based experiments totally got postponed again. Maybe one day. I am curious. Since years, it just doesn’t happen.
(I didn’t make my ice cream cake either in the end. It’s not easy to go against my desires just because my food making part have ideas and plans and get impatient after 1-2 years.)

It’s 2pm and I am glad I lasted for this long with only a few bites. I tasted my experimental quiche and it’s good! So I made 12 quiche muffins, 6 with tiny colorful veg bites for Alvaro, 6 with sausage slices for me.

[…]
A tad salty but very good for hungry me! Outside pic as the light is a bit scarce now and anyway, I never am pleased with the looks of my dinner table and tray…

There’s the leftover pork belly too. Alvaro was vaguely interested (he likes putting processed meat into his scrambled eggs here and there) but he won’t eat from this one. We get some more on Wednesday.

She jumps the cucumber and the grass. As for other (still nice looking and more tender that the grass… I could cut my finger with that thing…) greens/vegs, she looks at them and wait. Maybe she gets cucumber in a few secs? It would be such a waste to have something in her mouth when that happens… But if she gets nothing else, she gladly devours them all. Even swiss chard leaves (I’ve read it’s fine for guinea pigs) but that takes much time, she doesn’t like it. So I stopped giving them to her, disappointed. I have wonderful beautiful swiss chard plants. Once I was curious and bought seeds and it just grows every year since. I put some effort to figure out if it’s edible for humans, with mixed results. It was only okay cooked in meat soups, surely due to the meat flavor. It’s just some “not bitter grass thing” to me without that, not really edible. I never was good with green leaves without some strong (sour or onion-y if I can ask, thank you) flavor. I keep them as some decorative plant. Drought or not, they are beautiful! Frilly darkish green on red stalks… :slight_smile: Most of my true decorative plants don’t look half as good.
So I hoped the piggie will like it. But she doesn’t. Oh well.
Alvaro found some dandelion leaves in the decorative onion (some relative of onion, at least) flower-box. She loves that too and she ate a lot when we had her last time but that was months ago and we had dandelion leaves everywhere. Now it’s a rarity.

cool you go girl! nice pic on your food ya made

sounds like your little piggy is just an eating machine literally LOL

@Karen18, you too on pork. luckily I am an all in pork eater and do well on it…but hey, if you see it, then adjust as you gotta on eating it…again, bit on the side with other meat? and you do ok but not main meal??

-------------------So a real water spout hit. right on us and we all on the front line of the cg ran to beach to see it, water swirling in the ocean up a massive fat wide dark crazy lookin’ chain into the sky…me of course being an oldie would loved to take a pic but I don’t care about my new phone, it is not attached to my hand but the youngers were snapping pics like crazy. Cool to see…a nice sight to experience.

(Robin) #136

You’re living the life, doing what you love and using your talent. Doesn’t get my better than that!

(Karen) #137

Wakeful night as per, got up and went 8nto garden, had my brew and read my books. Scared a big pesky daddy rattie who quickly jumped out of fright and scurried 9ff down the garden.i was only heading to the first bird feeder to refill.lol

Walked up to the retail park for some batteries and picked up some cheese from M&S, stopped yo chat to the homeless man and his beautiful Staffie doggo. People had been looking after them both as when I asked if he had eaten anything today he showed me a big carrier bag full of food and watter bottles for the doggo. Stayed a while chatting, left him what change I had and went across the road to Lidl. Got a reduced sirloin some beef burgers out the frozen section and some chick for work. Then walked home.

Made scrambly duck eggs then out again in the garden to read again. Sian, my daughter phoned to see if 8 fancied going with her to IKEA so she pucked me up and we spent an hour or so drifting from lounge to diner to kitchen and she bought this and that for the new home she and hubby move into on 16th this month. It was very relaxing and pleasant and we actually agreed on a lot of the things in there today which is most unusual as we have very different tastes.

Dropped off back home and cooked up a sirloin and salmon fillet … it was okay but I felt quite full and needed a couple of rennies afterwards!

(Robin) #138

That’s very nice day indeed!

(Judy Thompson) #139

@Shinita your plate is beautiful! Love the little egg breads you make. Any chance you can share a recipe?
@Karen18 I’m the same blood type as you I think. Followibg the blood type diet was something I did for quite a few years. The popular author, Peter D’Adamo, didn’t believe anyone should eat pork and I poo-poo’d that because you read people all the time who say it’s perfect food for humans.I listen to Anthony Chaffee’s podcasts and yesterday heard one interviewing Judy Cho, who suggested when starting carnivore, a person should eat just beef at first and then add in one type of animal at a time for a week before moving on, to see what agrees and doesn’t agree. It made me think if I’d done it that way I might have sidestepped all the trouble I had at first, would have discovered right away that pork and fatty fish didn’t agree instead of eating all of it at once and being frustrated not knowing why I had so much trouble. Even a fatty beef like brisket gives me runs for a few hours, so I guess I still have to just go slow and continue to build my system to tolerate and handle different foods well. Your dinner looked lovely! And a daddy rattie? Oh dear. Is that common? Scorpions don’t bother me but I think a daddy rattie might! LOL
@Fangs what a great time y’all are having out there! Yeah you started with a couple dings on ya but wow! Fun in the water, a big water spout and that shrimp and steak looked phenomenal! This week will go by fast but you’ll have great memories to take home til next time.
Went to church to play this morning but I was SO sleepy still, from this busy late-night week. Came home, fixed hamburger and beef hot dogs for lunch (and all hubby’s sides), ate quite a bit of the burger before it even got warm - I have been eating everything but beef lately and really felt the need for it.
We both napped like logs, WOW such deep sleep in the afternoon! then took the puppy on a ride to the town 30 miles away to Home Depot and got a lovely outdoor sectional upon which we sit now. Came home and he put it all together and it’s just lovely out here on the deck with the canopy of stars and the beautiful hill country breeze. I had a scotch and soda and then made a chicken salad to finish off the chicken from earlier in the week.
This has been a crazy but delightful week!

(Karen) #140

@JJFiddle I do love reading your posts even your hamburger pics… now is it ham or is it really a 100% beef burger as you say you really felt you needed beef? Our hamburgers are not beef burgers.

Your deck sounds (and looks from previous pics) awesome. You know I love the wrap around decks that you see with American homes. No space for such a thing here though of course you see some of the country houses with them. But I am very happy with my lot and what I can’t have I just make the absolute most of what I can have and enjoy my little lot. You know my garden used to be twice the length it is now, the house was bought by a neighbouring business man purely to take some of the land and then immediately put it back on the market. I used to wish the house still had that land but when it became such a task to look after I now think heavens it would have been twice the turmoil, twice the trouble, twice the jungle and of course twice the cost to tame it. So I believe everything happens for a reason and count my blessings. We are just approaching another heatwave here in UK and looking at a hosepipe ban. Now I pay for my water on a meter so every drop of water I use in the garden I pay for but the ban will stop even those of us on a meter. I will have to choose those plants that are the thirstiest and most fragile to water daily with the watering can and just water the others as and when I see them start drooping. I think I will fill my water butts with the hose before we are forbidden to use them, that should help too. Can you imagine if I the house still had twice the size of the garden!

I have been sitting out reading again this morning since about 8am, it’s now just after 10am and it was hot and a bit burny at 8! I had to move into the shade. Before moving big daddy rattie came to the bird feeder near where I sit first thing and he warily eyed me up, was i going to move or not, was he safe to nab some food off the feeding station??? :wink: I am not afraid of them as I can see they are more afraid of me and I think you would find that too. I would like to think that this carnivore lifestyle is changing me into a braver soul as I also seem able to comfortably sit in and amongst where the bees are gathering the pollen and I could never have done that a few years ago, I would have been all jittery and bothered by them and now I sit there so calmly and enjoy watching them go about their business. That is a huge turnaround for me and I am loving it and maybe thats why I am not afraid of the ratties. I just believe they are all God’s creation and all deserve a crack at life… I can’t kill a fly, I have to catch them when they start slowing down and put them outside :slightly_smiling_face: have a great day and catch up later with my foodie stories.

@JJFiddle: Those are my quiche muffins :slight_smile: I already had a recipe but I did it differently this time and liked the results :slight_smile: I like to do things simple, I went with 1:2:3 ratio, well eggs are piece unlike the others… 1 egg, 2 dkg (my default amount is dkg, using grams I still so odd to me, I just can’t do it in most recipes or in my mind) cream (it was semi-whipped now), 3 dkg cheese (gouda, our default one). Some nutmeg (or whatever one likes, surely nothing works too), tiiiny salt, that was a problem, no salt is needed with this much cheese and the sausage slices in my muffins… I used one thin sausage slice per muffin and vegs in Alvaro’s. Plan ones sound a tad boring though that would be nice too. But I usually have something in my baked goods except my sponge cakes. Alvaro’s baked whipped egg whites have grated cheese mixed in it and a cheese cube in the middle. I used to hide it inside but now it’s just there and all muffin has an “eye”, I like it. But my sausages are waaaay more fun and pretty. There are usually 2 leftover ones, I tend to mix a yolk and put sausage on top and eat it. Not nearly as good as the quiche but that is fancier, richer with cream and full eggs. And way cheesier. It’s odd I like it so much, normally I need to put very little cheese in most things. But there are exceptions… I don’t even feel my quiche oh so cheesy, somehow the flavors combine, melt :smiley:

I am quite enthusiastic now and probably will bake another batch tomorrow…

Hi guys, I didn’t dare to track Saturday yet (more like I ate all day and it always mean zillion different things and why to bother to track when I already know it was zillion kcal). Yesterday (probably 3MAD 16/8 IF) was a strong day but nothing extreme. Only 180g fat :smiley: It’s not even high considering all the cream and super fatty pork items I had… I had my 3rd meal at 11pm, I felt not satiated and had pork… Yum. I will buy pork jowl again as it comes handy when I eat some lean part of the pork butts/ham.

I have found a simple pic, sometimes it’s more complicated but if you go to a supermarket, you get exactly these except the head. And the feet too, separately. And as I already wrote, sometimes pork chop light… The pork belly part is actually called differently when processed and only the processed version (cooked and salted, possibly smoked or lightly marinated so it’s not visible) is available most of the time. So except head and belly, these are the normal fresh meat parts in a simple supermarket without a meat counter. Chuck, shoulders, chops, ribs, ham/butts called “thigh” here, hock… I think liver has chances too. Meat counters have heart and tongue too, small ones only for pig and maybe chicken heart (chicken liver is everywhere), it takes some bigger supermarket to offer spleen or beef organs.

And I am a bit unsure about the beef variety. Nothing at my butcher or village/small town supermarkets but in bigger ones… There is some mix for stew, lower leg, thigh, probably neck… And the super luxurious steak things, typically marinated or sliced so no proper big slabs that I like, I get that from the farm. I will check :slight_smile:

Weather is okay though a bit humid I think. 24C was too hot for me so surely humid.
I ate from Alvaro’s plate and the window was open, either could resulted in my sore throat but it’s way better after a ton of warm tea. I am done with being sick for the next 1-2 decades so I have zero doubt it will be gone today. I am the opposite of a hypochonder, though. BUT not without good reasons…

Alv said he still feel smells but not all of them. I joked he only feels the good ones as we just crossed a part in a nearby forest with a very obvious dead animal nearby. It smelled bad for me. Not for him.
He went to work but 2 days and he will have a 1.5 week holiday!

Let’s talk about hamburgers, I always was curious.
To us here, hamburger is the full thing with vegs and buns and condiments you get at fast food restaurants. The meat is patty, in Hungarian a bit similar to “hamburger meat”, actually our term can’t be translated as it uses a super popular bread relative (round smallish things. okay, sometimes they are big. still, something that fits a hand) that people just started to use anything looking even remotely similar, be it meat or even something inedible :smiley:
I already learned that “hamburger” is often the patty. But it should be beef, what else…?
But it seems it’s not that simple…

We never had a housepipe ban here… Oh my, that would be bad! Well, we need little water as we only have a tiiiiny patch with tomatoes, various flowers like my very impressive morning glories, I am so glad the otherwise totally useless very very tall lamp has a use :smiley: The first ones almost reached the top! And my decorative swiss chards (the piggy decided it LOVES it now especially the stalk…).
Well the hazelnuts still need water (they dropped most of their fruits, mostly empty, by the way). But that’s about it, I guess…? All the fruit trees find their water themselves in the soil, their roots are far reaching! We don’t have any baby trees now.
And the thujas are dying or are already dead due to the climate change here… We will cut some of them soon.
I am just glad that our pines are healthy. Who knows how long? Hungarian pine forests are often sick. But that’s not so much climate, I heard it is some disease? Never looked it up, main thing they are in bad shape and that’s so sad.

I think I didn’t write yet but I cooked the 4 tongues. Pigs have them small, only about 220g per piece after I cut off the white part, the upper surface… The cats will be happy.

My brain feels pretty much useless, I barely can keep my thoughts being in complete chaos.

We saw a baby goldfinch yesterday! :smiley: It lacked the spectacular head coloring of the adult ones but it was still recognizable after some research… They aren’t very rare but not a common sight in our garden and anyway, they are pretty so we are glad :slight_smile:

Wow you are better than me. I eventually lose my patience and kill the ones that don’t go out of the window all by themselves (most do)… Or the ones swimming in my pancake batter…
So flies are in a gray area. I don’t hate them and I am all for setting them free but I have my limits. I am worse with ants as I dislike those. And I never ever ever ever want to kill a spider, they are my darlings and they are everywhere in the house. I put down a bowl or glass… And 2 hours later it often has a spider in it, with web and everything. Sometimes I forget so there are accidents. And I get sad :frowning: They LOVE the nooks and crannies of the washing machine too and it’s near impossible to gently get them out. But last time a tiny spider totally survived the washing. It was at the right place, apparently, in the little box for stuff before the proper washing or something, no idea what that is for, we don’t use that.
I like spiders, don’t meet the vast majority of them (I was surprised when I learned how many tiny spiders can fit in the underside of a chair…) but what could I do anyway? Home spiders die outsides, that’s not good for them. I can handle many spiderwebs (but we take them off when not used. sometimes even when in use but I give them as much consideration as I comfortably can) and cleaning only as much as I must (I would do that anyway, I don’t like cleaning much. the kitchen is special, that needs almost constant cleaning) and carefully…

Of course my spiders are usually boring and small. 1-2 species. So it’s always fun to see a different spider outside. European garden spiders are common, I already recognize them even when babies and nothing like the adults… I saw enough nests and had them in my hair by dozens… They are super cute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
But even I don’t like a spiderweb with a big adult into my face. I had that in the dark to the outhouse at my Grandma. That place had very many spiders too but which place isn’t? Spiders are almost everywhere. And they work quickly.

And they are only one from the many kinds of animals I really love. I have more favs than among fruits and flowers! As they are cooler and more interesting, well they are animals, they move and stuff.

[…]
I ate less on Saturday than on Sunday. Yep, I have little idea about my macros without actual tracking. I just can’t guess it. And a super big eating window means nothing, so much depends on the used items.

My protein is the lowest safe, I am really curious what would happen if I wouldn’t eat so very fatty! It just boosts my calories (and give me joy). And I base my days on leanish pork but it’s not enough…
But weekends are special, I do my best to fast for as long as I comfortably can today. I just can’t afford multiple meals if I even add fatty items… Why I can’t be strict with just something? Leaner eating or small eating window? The latter sounds way easier especially on workdays so I focus on that. And try to avoid fatty stuff. I run out of them anyway, mostly.