Angus August Carnivore

image000000%20(14)

was only gonna cook 2 then I thought, forget that, cook 4, probably eat 2 and 2 for whenever life says to eat them…not an issue I have handling in my daily eating but I think I still wanna go with chick/burger but that is my call…2 nice chops ready and willing to go tomorrow in the fridge is how I roll.

yum times all

There was 2 other eggs and one half sausage isn’t mine.

A cute plan, not even enough for my minimum protein… But I left most of my pork roast and I am fully satiated since. It’s 6:40pm now.

I may have phases but I still want to experiment and check my hipothesis. IDK if I wrote it yesterday but it seems I need more meat until I can finish the day in a nicely satiated and satisfied way lately. So I will focus on meat. After my meatless days (I won’t do vegetarian ones, I have and like lard), I plan 2 at this point but if I don’t eat my leftovers today, I will eat them tomorrow :slight_smile: And I am not sure I want to wait to eat my herring (stupid sauce, it brings so much fat, quite unnecessarily. and too much sweetness even if it’s not that bad. sigh. Alvaro says he can’t use it for anything). We will see, I never know what I will eat 10 minutes before the act.

So I stopped struggling and overthinking, it’s experiment time!
Oh and I have found some half-ready pork ham/butts in the freezer. Wow. I keep trying to write down what I have there but I don’t update or look at it frequently enough… So there are surprises sometimes :smiley: I usually know what I have raw but the ready to eat section is more mysterious.
So I have more options now.

The weather is super hot again, my cold showers are barely or not cold enough and I neglected walking since days. It’s still too hot for me to go out and the sun goes down soon. Not like I couldn’t walk later… But I usually like to see the birds at the pond.

@JJFiddle: Nice boots! :+1:
It’s always such a (usually pleasant) surprise when a dessert made for normal people isn’t too sweet for me… I am used to unbearable sweetness in that department. I still can’t handle it well, I am sitting and expressing my bafflement to Alvaro… It’s usually about the over 50% sugar in some items…
And he says he would give away his piece of steak only if the carbs aren’t proportional to it to begin wish. He is all about the right proportions! While I always had problems with eating dishes with multiple parts… I usually ended up starting to eat one part and left the others so I ate them later… I am good at eating things all alone.

@MeganNZ: Ouch. Our prices are still way better. But no way they won’t go up very soon… Hopefully just a little. Egg prices probably will go up significantly.
And we have crazy butter prices already.

Sounds utterly awful to me but it can give nice macros for someone without the problems I would have it… The meat/protein intake isn’t much even with 4 meals but it easily can be enough for others… I hope it won’t be bad for you but I like experiments so I am looking forward to your experiments!
And good luck, it’s sad to read you need to do so much to get results… Compared to you I feel lucky regarding this, I just stall forever but I can’t even do carnivore properly yet.

Oh! I thought it’s bad as so sugary…! Today I was so very good, 28ml was left and I only had a tiny bit of it in 2 different drinks :slight_smile: Yesterday I almost had 400ml but I am very relaxed now, I gave up on carnivore for August, I just do my best to stay close.
I keep it then :slight_smile: Alvaro easily can use up 8dl and I can use the 2dl for days. And as it’s not that great in coffee, I won’t feel an irresistible urge to add coffee… But maybe I will, I won’t have milk often and rare coffee drinking is fine with me.
I will join you in super simple soon! :smiley: Probably not every day but I feel ready to eat only meat and eggs on a normal day! (Maybe I am wrong but I surely can try and here and than I will succeed, at the very least!)

Oh I can’t stop thinking. MAYBE I needed the last 6 days (unusually many but I have extra items and it’s never exactly the same) to reach my sweet spot where I don’t need to eat so much? September can take care of that as I probably can stick to carni for longer, maybe longer than ever! That’s the plan. So at least I eliminate some potential problems (carbs from extras and carbs from my past few/several days). I still will focus on meat, that can’t hurt and my preference shifted anyway, eggs don’t interest me so very much. Still my darlings but I don’t need much.

(Karen) #423

Too many post for this sleep deprived gal 🥱🥱🥱
Last night was the pits.

Same old food for work, never tire of it though. Went straight to Lichfield for tea dance this afternoon. It was l8vely and quite busy today!
Got home shortly after 5pm hungry so had 2 rollmop herrings. Then cooked up 4 big chilli n cheese hot dogs. Now in bed!

A few days away… How about (Add Some) Seafood September for a zero-carb challenge?

Or, SurfTurf-tember - surf and turf focus for September…

Last month, in July, I wanted to understand why, with my carnivore eating, I had increased fasting blood glucose compared to when I ate a keto diet.

One answer may be the amount of fat (in the meal), and the timing of my evening meal.

The information comes from The Diet Doctor podcast at the 47m28s mark.

I will adjust the evening meal eating and amount of fat in the meal and see whether that shows a change.

Another note is to work out what percentage (per calorie) protein makes up in a daily food intake. With an aim to step it up toward 40%, to achieve amino acid micronutrient goals, and maintain satiety versus energy hunger.

Fasting blood glucose just before midday fast break = 5.9mmol/L. 106mg/dl.

@Karen18 my blood pressure at a doctor’s visit was 145/90… still a bit high. But doc said, it’s close to normal. I had another round of monitoring blood tests. First thing to note is the C-reactive protein marker is now 2, which is a low level, after a year of being above normal. I’m waiting on a few more results. The high blood pressure is a good spur for me to buckle down harder on cleaner low carb carnivore.

Marty was discussed in the keto threads last year.

Carnivore ZC SurfTurf-tember! 30-day September Challenge. 2022
(Megan) #426

Auckland

(Megan) #427

She’s always loved her raw food. I give her a big chunk of green tripe with her other meats about 3 times a week.

(Linda ) #428

Totally interesting listening to that… there are many ppl that eat to their blood glucose readings …funny enough he mentions time of eating and not eating if it’s not daylight dr boz also tries go have ppl eat in day light hours and although she likes ketosis as her healing she def bases eating off glucose readings bring them down… and when ppl fall out of ketosis she brings their eating window in further away from the hours of darkness…

liking that one FB cause you know I am a super fan of that meat and seafood!

@Karen18
I just wanna run over to your house AND MAKE you sleep somehow K!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: feel for ya on such a long fight with this issue. I would think you would ‘go down’ just from lack of it but we don’t but you will get ‘righted’ sooner than later I hope!!

@Shinita
yea many zc’ers use a little milk in their day…many drop it but it is all if you enjoy it, it enhances your life to where you are happy, if your body does well on it, then heck yea enjoy it. ZC people have to ‘walk thru’ a few narrow roads to keep foods enjoyable ya know. But if it is just a little, suits you so well, then yea, it would be crazy to drop something that makes your eating lifestyle enjoyable and good for ya!

Yes join me in super simple. I tell ya S if you are one who gravitates toward this type of cooking, cause I am not a chef and do not like ever to cook, the simplest meals are always a pleasure for me and something that has enhanced my life considerably cause not being a cook and not a fan of the kitchen, the faster I am out of the kitchen the happier I am!! Super simple food means we have so much time to place elsewhere to enjoy. Now if a chefy type and one loves the kitchen and cooking and that is enjoyment, I sure get that, but that darn well is not me HA

-----------------who eats in darkness on carnivore? not many of us LOL
well you guys know what I mean…most of us hit 2mad or omad or maybe even 3 but one thing most of us do is have that cut off line and there is no darkness eating for me…any you guys eating later in the evening when the sun is down and life is moving into ‘lets settle this day’ and the day is kinda over for food, work, chores and more? WELL ALSO being older and retired now I can change my days to suit me so well, but I get when working and more we have to just adapt thru too.

ok just chat on that.

My Sept focus is burger and simple. Cheaper burger to see if I can replace some of my more costly steaks and be good with that. See I ate tons of burgers daily for years. Then off I went onto tons of ribeyes for years LOL Now I am thinking can I walk a bit backward and be content also…for me, yea I think I can but ‘the entire tell for me is in the eating’ so eating burger I shall do :slight_smile:

90/10, 93/7 or lowest is 85/15. I can’t do fatty burger but if I also eat the leaner burger as a big meal, I also know meal 2 must be fat fat fat laden. I can do that :slight_smile: So I got a little experiment time on me that is more forced by my wallet and my frugal ways but IF I SEE steaks at a good lower sale price, I will jump on it like there is no tomorrow :sunny:

today is a small NY Strip steak. eyeing that lb. of bacon in the fridge but on the fence, do it or not…for me I am not an oven bacon fan, I like pan fried and OMG I am so not into standing at the stove and frying bacon, but if I want it bad enough…oh yea I will do it :100:

steak, bacon, got 1 leftover pork chop from the 4 cooked yesterday, and I got chick for family dinner for them tonight so I know I got a breast I can use…omg I AM SO ZC covered :star_struck:

Keep the ZC Faith and the ZC Focus!

(Linda ) #430

Actually after researching more, after listening to FrankoBears post…I think I’m going to try that protocol instead of Dr Bozs …why? because it’s simple its based on my personal blood glucose readings I don’t have to measure ketones i dont have to count calories, i can stay carnivore and let my blood readings tell me when to add or remove things fat or protein, when and if I’m actually hungry and needing fuel…
Thanks FrankoBear…

I can’t do that in winter. (If it would be life or death, I could but it wouldn’t be nice.)
Otherwise it suits me well :slight_smile: Not everyone, though, I imagine.

We did some shopping :slight_smile: 90 eggs, sardines (the tomato sauce one had 1.6% carbs, sounds good. I don’t have better options there but it’s okay for me) and a tiny “steak tartare pâté”. I am not sure it can be called either but it’s mostly beef, second ingredient is pork skin, not too carby, probably edible.
Not for the beginning for my September, I will be way stricter than that.

I don’t think I will eat many eggs but it’s a nice feeling to have 110…

And the greengrocery (our only stable egg source. the egg lady still sell eggs but not many) had lovely new figurines again, we bought a fun elephant! :slight_smile:
The greengrocer said the egg price will go up. 62->72 HUF? Something like that, even Alvaro doesn’t remember the exact price. I can handle this, the sudden 50-100% raise you folks write sometimes about, that would be a shock… Even though I am prepared to see a significant jump soon.

[…]
I had lunch. I definitely prefer my close to carni days now (I need just one off meal - even if I still focus on eggs and meat as usual and I remember it more clearly), oh well, I wanted to try a few things. Maybe too many. And circumstances. It turns out Alvaro can’t enter someone’s house without getting free fruits. It’s that season.
So I don’t wanna stay away for much longer now. And I have meat and Sunday is the perfect day to roast some bigger amount of meat… But I am not sure what will happen tomorrow. I am just leaning to postponing my meatless experiments and off days in the end of August. My rebellious inner self should be happy with this weekend and stay put in September. It’s just doesn’t worth it to add more than a super tiny amount of extras. I am not more satisfied that way most of the time, rather the opposite. I will need to sort out those things in the future…

Seafood related September thread name? I am all for it, it even suits me now :slight_smile: I can promise eating fish more often, that’s my goal anyway, I fancy more fish lately and if I go for my strictest version of carnivore-ish (almost only and some days truly only eggs and meat), I will need the variety.
But I will have sooo nice variety anyway, even if I drop processed stuff (I don’t want them much, maybe pork belly but that’s it)! Beef, mouflon, rabbit, turkey, various pork :smiley: And fish, various fishes! And my eggs in various forms. Should be enough but it probably won’t be. I do love my dairy, I just don’t need it every day anymore.

@Fangs, I have read your comments in the nut thread (poor OP, wanting to minimize animal protein and you talked things about steaks I have never heard about :D) and I could relate to much! If I need food, some fresh meat prepared in a simple way can feel sooo good, I wonder why anyone would trouble themselves with much more work! Though cooking always was my hobby, it’s nice sometimes to make something more complicated - but there is a limit (I never made really complex dishes as I didn’t see the point) and it’s more like an optional thing when I fancy to do that, normally I like to put little effort into making my food and I still get a satisfying result!
And after some point adding flavors (something chefs often like to do) just overwhelm me, I can’t focus on so many and it’s so pointless anyway… I don’t need sauces and side dishes along with a nice tasting, nicely cooked meat. But people seem to need it for the best experience. It may be nice here and there, I don’t say not but I don’t feel the need.

@Fangs, the sun goes down before 4pm in the shortest days in winter here. I can’t stop eating that early or else I will get hungry again before my bedtime. Probably, it’s not a sure thing but I hardly can eat a big enough meal around 3pm to pull it off. I may try but I don’t see the point, I surely feel way better if I just eat later or later too.

I looked up sundown data and it seems the shortest day is quite longer in the US.
And of course, some people don’t even have the sun up in winter… So it matters a lot where one lives.
And we have our active times at different times. I had a time when I worked at home and I started my workday exactly at 4pm and finished at midnight as that suited me. I always could use my brain better and was more awake, active and productive late. I always was pretty useless before noon.
When I worked at an office, my most active working hour(s) happened after 5pm when there was finally PEACE and quiet and no one bothered me. I actually made more work after 5pm than before on the days when there was much communication about a project. That is highly important, sure but my programming work went better if I could focus on it for an extended amount of time. It depends how serious it was, just fixing or writing something trivial or making a new template language or decide the structure of a database.
And I am not even a night owl, I like to sleep at night (I even chill between midnight and bedtime normally).

I can imagine wanting to eat when it’s evening, peace and quiet… I need chill when I eat. My most important meal always was at home even if I had to start cooking at 10pm. It wasn’t ideal for me but my need for a quiet, homely environment was more important than timing. But I always could eat late anyway. That’s my secondary eating time, afternoon is the best and I dislike eating earlier.

That’s good :slight_smile:
And I though about this era… It’s so great I don’t need to cook traditional dishes for the family as my anchestors 100-200 years ago… And many people now. I have a huge control on my cooking. I do cook carby food for Alvaro but just a few ridiculously simple things and some that I actually enjoy making. He can make his more complicated (simple but with all the work, it’s complicated in my eyes) veggie dishes in the weekend and it’s enough for him. So no one expects me to put much effort into dishes I don’t want to eat. I never even learned to make certain super basic traditional stuff most Hungarians are into. Because they never suited me and Alvaro isn’t a choosy one or someone who would demand things (not like that would work with me). And we are compatible enough, it is very basic for me, I don’t want to argue about things, it’s better just to have the same opinion where it affects something common. We can eat different meals but we can’t live in different houses, we only have one we both are similarly okay with. We never had different opinions regarding the house or what to buy. I imagine it’s a convenience many people don’t have… We eat differently but that’s easily doable and neither of us do things that the other one find horrible. (Well health wise. We can mock each other’s additions in certain dishes - almost everything is better with (more) eggs… and vinegar is lovely too. carbs with carbs is insane though. these are the biggest disagreements of us food wise. and putting sweetener to an otherwise savory veggie/pasta dish with black pepper. some weirdos do that in this country and Alvaro is among them - but it’s just fun. We don’t care what the other eats as long as the diet is basically healthy for the one in question, nothing particularly amoral happens and the garbage isn’t too much compared to the food amount… And expecting the other to eat our diet??? It’s super wrong if you ask me but some people demands the other shouldn’t eat their trigger foods in front of them, at least. But rather eating the same. Well it’s quite a jerk move to force others into a diet WE consider good for themselves and why them, why not us? I don’t like tyranny in family settings. (I am all for democratic anarchy in mine :smiley: With some extra rights for the chef, maybe? Actually I never analyzed what we have. But it works without problems. I had times when I had hardships but I have those all alone too.)

What was my original thought? Oh yep, that I enjoy my freedom to do things diet wise. If I think about past times, these things was nearly impossible…

image000000%20(15)

SCORE!

4 lbs of 90/10 sirloin burger at my little smokehouse grocery down the road.

me happy! wee…

and yes, it takes that little for me sometimes HA

(Judy Thompson) #433

Goodness, these busy busy weekends now playing so much music! Time is at a premium so I’ve read everything but saving listening for another day.

Yeah we eat a snack later. Our OMAD is around 1-2 pm but after work another snack usually calls. A couple slices of cheese or a boiled egg, just something to calm down with and make sleep easier.

I’m working 6 days a week now between performing and teaching and Thursday, the “day off” is full with shopping, errands and lunch out. I’m happy with all the work, playing better because of it, just having to minimize other things (like housework haha). And still lots of boxes to unpack.

Put 3 ribeye steaks in sous vide after teaching - just an hour, then seared on the stovetop. Tough little guys @$10/lb but as trying not to pay $20-25/lb his week. We each ate one, then napped and then ate the last one while loading the dishwasher. Ahh… I think I’m good for the day now

Back on bacon and eggs with about 60g Jarlsberg cheese for NoFUN breakfast. 2 coffees hours apart.

Have been going out for dinner at restaurants with various people. One meal was octopus and squid entrees with a quail salad at a local village restaurant.

Drove back to the city 3 hours yesterday. The other meal was Thai food, but I found roast duck.

I cleaned off sauces and dressings as best I could. But could still feel a bit of joint soreness the following mornings.

The observation I make is that the meals were about seeing the people and enjoying their company. The food was a puzzle to solve but not the primary reason to go out to a restaurant. I can finally see the difference between food and a meal. Before I was driven by hunger, and restaurants were for eating. A meal is for sharing company.

@Karen18 … I SO feel for you with the sleepless nights! I had tried so many things to help me sleep but finally found Garden of Life probiotics for women. 85 Billion count. One of those bad boys before beddy bye - and all is well. It took a few days to get things rebuilt inside, so now, I don’t need to take them every day. Down to 1-2 times a week. I don’t know if you’ve tried that yet, but it might be worth a try?

On a 4 day work streak right now, which isn’t terrible. Did three days straight of the old workout, and really got after it. Hurt so bad, but, wow…the sense of accomplishment and strength is great. Forcing ones self to do hard things is well, hard. But, I know it is building strength and self-discipline.

(Karen) #436

@Fangs and @SecondBreakfast thanks for tips. I will take a look a the probiotics. My sleep has been messed up for years with one thing and another which I believe I have shared on here. Lately we have had a couple of heatwaves which hasn’t helped plus I think I must still harbour some anxieties prior to returning to work on a Wed Thurs and Fri each week. I am noticing a pattern of sleeping for nearly 10 hours on a Friday night albeit I will have gone to bed knackered anywhere between 6.30 and 7pm and then getting up between 7 and 8 (still have a few trips to loo through night but they don’t feel as bad when I have managed 2 to 3 hours sleep in between each trip, as opposed to 4 to 5 trips after spending so much time getting to sleep prior to a work day and getting up at silly o’clock in the morning)

This Friday was the same i slept pretty well. And last night of course I wasn’t very tired and didn’t go to bed till just after midnight and went to sleep about 1am but I think I got up twice and then got out of bed about 7.30am… so not as much sleep but I am feeling okay at the mo ( only 1120am, that could change lol)

So yesterday morning I put 2 lamb shanks in the slow cooker and by 1.45pm they were ready to eat. I ate both as I was good and ready for them. Then had the remaining 2 big chilli n cheese dogs out of the pack I had opened day before for evening meal and followed those with some cockles and 2 roll mop herrings. Then a bit later cooked up 6 rashers of bacon in the sausage fat so they were looking pretty dirty, still very tasty. Just checked the photo and had to wonder what it was I had eaten they were that dirty lol​:rofl::rofl:

Had a lovely couple of hours with my daughter yesterday afternoon, driving to Leicester to pick up paint she had bought off facebook.12 litres for a tenner isn’t bad. I don’t mind what we do together as every moment with her is quality time :heart:

This morning I spent getting dance dresses ready for our dance weekender on friday … I had already decided what to wear then the dance organiser put up a notice on our WhatsApp group that Saturday night was glitz n glam and black tie so had to rethink Saturdays attire :roll_eyes: decided to wear a dress i made for a dance when we first got together dancing and have only worn it for demo’s. I don’t know why I don’t wear it much because it is very comfy and I don’t tread on the back of it as its a nice length… also sat in garden reading and putting my list of things to take with me together so I don’t forget anything vital like make up :rofl::rofl::rofl: so used to being bare faced these days I almost forget how to apply it hahaha.

Well I am going to make something to eat for brunch and not sure what as yet but have several thing in fridge because when we were in Leicester there was a Company Shop within a few minutes drive of where we picked up the paint. I had just said to myself in the morning, looking in freezer, ahhh plenty stuff I don’t need to buy anything yet … hmmmm​:thinking: well so much for that i bought a few bits, some steaks, bacon, earl grey and chai teas, chicken wings, packets of sliced cooked chick for work pack ups, a couple of spices (Harissa and cajun for my chicken preps) and some porridge oats for Raymond. :slightly_smiling_face:

you and your daughter have such good times~!

wonderful pics!

I think you might have hit on your issue cause after your medical stuff you are kinda a new person living in a new reality for yourself so how the work and your environment and more has to be taxing on you in alot of ways. Maybe manifesting in that anxiety and hampers your sleep.

Nice thing is that should change in the future right? so many a more balance will come for you! Hope so!!

-----------reading great posts on the board!

here is my pic of 1 lb of burger made into 2 mini meatloaf. my meatloaf is 1 lb. of burger and this time 2 eggs since they were smaller sized.
No salt or pepper or anything in my cooking anymore for my meats…just salt to taste for how I like it after.
image000000%20(16)

I chopped up one and ate it out of the pan as you see here, yum and the other I cut in 1/2 just to check cooking on it and yea, I damn near overcooked the darn things LOL I am the type to put things in oven, forget them and walk away :wink: but I got them out where they were still ok and not too dry.

Today is eat that 1/2 lb mini loaf in the pic.
then I have a big ol’ chicken breast for later, not sure, might do alfredo…been wanting it, just haven’t bothered making it. I am getting closer to making it but when I cook my chicken, I think, omg more cooking, nah eat the chicken plain like ya enjoy it anyway! might just melt some little bit of cheese over it and call it done.

hubby just fed me 5 slices thick cut bacon. TEASE! 5 slices is like useless to me but if I just let it hit the gullet and do its job, it will then satisfy me and let that good ol’ fat circulate thru the body so my little burger won’t be wanted til a tad later.

day easy peasy on my food.

tomorrow I am cooking another lb. of 90/10 burger into 2 mini meatloafs again. just experimenting on me to see how long it takes for me to get tired of burger HA

ZC Strong Guys…finish this month all in and focused…end of month is coming and FB gave us a new month of Surf/Turf-tember.

(Linda ) #438

Well eating to meter is totally different already see changes happening …my blood glucose had obviously slightly climbed with the weight gain first day fasted my bg was at 103, ,yesterday was 100, this morning was 95 seeing the numbers drop each morning at least seeing is showing something is healing so its been worth trying this.

I can’t eat til my numbers come down under 100 o if i wake up and its higher than100 wait an hour and test again seating times have totally been turned upside down I been eating early after waking at 6am and then I haven’t been eating again til like 6.30 or 7 at night… it’s really cleaned things up with my eating…its eliminated snacking and it really makes me think before adding things like cream to coffee asking myself is it worth it the fat can delay things and delay my night eating … so cream has gone and back to egg yolks blended in…my appitite has totally dropped off,as to has my desire to eat really heavy fat to the point I’m cutting the fat off my picanha eating a little and throwing the rest out…totally unlike me… so im interested to see where this goes…

(Michael) #439

Breakfast of champions today. Free range eggs with small piece of beef heart, small piece of beef liver with thymus, one sheep testicle and bone marrow to make it taste better!