Amy Berger Has a YouTube Channel!

Amy Berger, at Tuit Nutrition, has created a YouTube channel!

Why did I start a channel?
People are hungry for a voice of reason, sanity, and simplicity.

I see people making keto so complicated . I see people convincing folks who are new to this that they need powdered MCT oil for their coffee, or that they have to use exogenous ketones to transition to keto. I see people pricking their fingers and peeing on test strips without the slightest clue of how to interpret what they see. (Okay, I don’t actually witness people peeing on strips, like, in person , but you know what I mean.) I see people plugging in their anthropometric data and getting “macros” spit out to them by calculators that have no idea how much body fat they carry (as opposed to total weight), or whether they have a thyroid problem. I see people following arbitrary macro percentages and loading up their food with extra butter and oil because some app told them to, not because they’re hungry for more fat.

I see people who are confused and overwhelmed, and they’re not getting the results they want . They’re either so confused that they never even start a low carb way of eating, or they do what they think is the kind of low carb or keto diet they need, but they’ve been given so much inaccurate and potentially harmful information that whatever they were looking to accomplish, they’re actually going backward .

You can subscribe to her channel here:

I love Amy. So much common sense. I like to refer confused/overwhelmed newbies to her blog, to calm them down a bit…

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #3

Oooh, I don’t subscribe to many people but hello Amy!

(Karen Parrott) #4

She’s great! Thanks for posting the link.

(Troy) #5

I really enjoy her style!
Simple
Easy to relate
Thank you for sharing

Amy Bergers 15 minute intro video is now my go to —- for providing info to other Keto inquiring minds

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #6

Amy laying down some truth bombs.

3 Things You NEED on Keto

Spoiler alert… it’s only two: low carb foods and water.

Big Amy fan here :blush:

Well, thanks…no need to watch it now. :slightly_frowning_face:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #9

Still worth the watch… why did she say 3???

I watch and re-watch ALL her videos, but that may be a sign of another issue. :sweat_smile:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #11

She might be my favorite keto guru. She is awesome at keeping it simple without dumbing it down. She is also very balanced about keto being one way to health, not the only way. (But maybe the best way.)

(In Rochester NY USA, lovin life) #12

She did a nice job of interviewing Bruce Ames too.

(Bunny) #13

Very thought provoking?

Back to old school roots?

STOP OVERCOMPLICATING KETO
Published on Feb 14, 2019: Keto is SIMPLE and STRAIGHTFORWARD. Why do so many people insist on making it difficult, expensive, and incomprehensible?

That translates into eliminating as much as you can?

I wanted to cover some of the caveats Amy is describing above to clarify the point she is making. You cannot completely eliminate sugar in the diet, you do need some from natural sources. There is so much sugar in the foods we buy that it is almost inescapable that is why she is saying “don’t eat sugar or starch” try to reduce it as much as possible?

When your primary source of nutrition is carbohydrates (too much sugar/glucose) that is where you run into problems like Alzheimer’s (amyloid plaques gumming up the brain), cardiovascular disease, obesity, weight gain etc.

Having an occasional piece of cake or sweet is not going to do this or hurt anything because it is not your primary source of nutrition:

Primary Source of Nutrition MACRO Calculator:

Always Eating Highly Processed Carbs + Sugar = :skull_and_crossbones:

Mixing High Sugar + High Fat Constantly = :skull_and_crossbones:

(Troy) #14

A “ Tipsy “ Amy🤣
Maybe so, Fun times

And very Pretty as well. Just sayin😊
Yet another great watch

Keto and Alcohol

Cheers!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #15

Sometimes she gets so excited so forgets to look at her notes. She does love what she does.

She also plays a mean saxophone. Just for the record.