Amazing Keto chocolate bar

I try to stay very close to zero carb, but have a weakness for my chocolate. I like the sam’s Swiss dark chocolate but sometimes Walmart is out of them & I discovered I can make even better ones myself, easily, and cheap!! So technically I’m not zero carb… just try to stay reallllly close (as in, I don’t do the “I can have 25 carbs in a day” freedom)

For one bar:
Melt 4 tablespoon butter + 2 oz unsweetened bakers chocolate in a ceramic bowl
Add two tablespoons of powdered (confectioner) swerve
Add one teaspoon vanilla
Pour into a silicone mold and freeze

One 6th of the bar (4 squares in this photo) is 1 carb. Or, if you like to do net carbs, it would be .25 carb. Soooo freakin good

Chocolate Pecan Chunks..... Why mess around?
(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #2

I was making chocolate with coconut oil and keeping it in the freezer. Because coconut oil melts quickly it would do this cool-weird-thin textured-melting fat-my- tongue type of thing and it has always been one of my favorite chocolate tries.

Thanks for sharing your recipe, it looks good.

Oh I totally plan on trying it with coconut oil instead of butter in my next batch!! :slight_smile:

If you like mint choc try putting some peppermint essence in it - soooooo yummy.

And a sprinkle of salt also good.

Great idea!!

@PetaMarie I tried it with coconut oil and it tastes like a Mounds! :slight_smile: Yum!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #7

What did you think about the difference in texture or melting point? That’s the part I like.

They were frozen so I couldn’t tell but I put them in the fridge today to try more tomorrow :blush:

(Mother of Puppies ) #9

I’ll do this today, but as a mousse.

Sounds YUM

I made this today and dipped some keto sugar cookies in the mix before it cooled. Mixed the rest with pecans and put into candy molds.
Nice low carb Valentines treat. So yummy. Thanks!

You guys can also play around with the amount of sweetener you add. Over the last week I decided hmmm this is a little too sweet. I think I want to reduce the sweetener a little bit to where it still tastes good but not like whoa, and definitely so it’s not to the point where it makes me crave more and more. Just good enough to have a couple pieces after dinner!

Gonna give this a try, never really done proper keto sweets so this will serve as my test bunny.

I ate a lot of this chocolate last night and my BG and BK numbers were great this morning. Whoo hoo!