Am I doing it right? I am afraid NOT!

(Rayala Pérez) #1

Hello,

I am following the meal plan of Dietdoctor.com. I use fewer quantities than what those recipes specify, and still, I end up with 1600 calories per day, and with a lot of protein (according to my fitbit log). Plus, my plates don’t look at all like in the pics. The pics look full of food, and my result is almost nothing. I am very confused and I am afraid I might end up gaining weight. Any insights about this, please?

Thanks!

Rayala

(Renee Slaughter) #2

Hi Rayala,
Can you tell us what you eat in a day?

(Rayala Pérez) #3

Sure!

This was today. Thank you for your help! I was following these recipes as well. I didn’t eat veggies at lunch to avoid more carbs, and I replaced the cabbage with spinach for the same reason. Thanks for your help!!!

Keto Salmon with pesto and spinach

Ingredients

4 servings

700 g salmon
240 ml mayonnaise or sour cream
1 tablespoon green pesto or red pesto
60 g grated parmesan cheese
450 g fresh spinach
30 g butter or olive oil
salt and pepper

Buffalo Chicken with paprika mayo and butter-fried cabbage
4 servings
800 g chicken thighs
2 tablespoons hot sauce
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
Butter-fried green cabbage
700 g green cabbage
50 g butter
salt and pepper
Paprika mayonnaise
175 ml mayonnaise
1 tablespoon paprika powder
½ teaspoon hot sauce
salt and pepper

This is the dinner, because I could not upload another pic

Food Amount Cals Fat Fiber Carbs Sodium Prot
Olive Oil, 100%(Oliverio) 1 1/2 tbsp 180 21 0 0 0 0
Spinach(Fresh Express) 125 grams 29 0 2.9 4.3 93.4 2.9
Chicken Breast 200 grams 124 4.9 1.2 1.6 420.4 20.1
Hot Sauce 1/2 serving 5 0 0 2 119.6 0
Olive Oil, 100%(Oliverio) 1 tbsp 120 14 0 0 0 0
Garlic Powder 1/4 tbsp 7 0 0.2 1.5 0.5 0.4
Mayonnaise 33 grams 235 26.1 0 0.3 128.7 0.7
Subtotal 700 66 4.3 9.8 762.6 24

(Renee Slaughter) #4

Well I’m no expert but everything looks fine. Don’t worry. Keep it simple.
20th of carbs, fat to satiety, moderate protein. When did you start keto?

(Rayala Pérez) #5

Three days ago. On Monday. I wonder if I am eating a lot protein. Thanks for your help!!!

Rayala

(Cristian Lopez) #6

why does your salmon have fiber??

(Rayala Pérez) #7

I have no idea. This is what Fitbit log says.

(Shromona Das) #8

Hi Rayala,
I’m Bibi. I’ve been doing keto for 9 months now, and I still often freak out thinking I may gain weight or that I’m doing it wrong. Relax. Keep your carb intake below 20 gms. That’s all. That’s it. But a word of advice, don’t count in your vegetables. You’ll end up not eating them because they have carbs. If you’re here to sustain then can you honestly survive on spinach? No. You need cabbages, cucumbers, kale, leafy greens. You may also do raddishes they are amazing and have really low net carb. Please have a lot of vegetables. A LOT. Your body is processing a lot of fat per day, remember that. You must keep the possibility of ending up with a fatty liver at bay, right? Have vegetables. Check out which ones are keto approved. And it may be a good thing to begin with following a diet chart, but keto isn’t a diet. it’s a lifestyle. You’ll eventually train your body to eat none of that and just whole, simple food. Don’t worry. I still crave for whey protein pastries which I end up making in batches. I’m having a hard time giving them up because I’m going dairy free for a week. I’m still as nervous and paranoid after 9 months of keto. Hope you find your inner peace!
Cheers.

(Rayala Pérez) #9

Thank you for your advice, y’all!

Rayala

(Lonnie Hedley) #10

Our bodies don’t “need” vegetables. Check out the ZC/Carnivore thread. Plenty of us are doing great by eating only animal products.

(Jackson ) #11

If I dnt eat fat enough I’ll not lose weight ? However my level is 1.9 , sometimes 2 , 3 but I’m not eating a lot of fat and I’m not losing weight since November … and my daily calories 1000 sometimes 1200 I knw low but I can’t eat more … help

(Lonnie Hedley) #12

Sounds like you’re starving. I eat that many calories in one meal. Without more details, I would say your body is clinging to the few calories you’re eating and unwilling to let go of any spares.

Read this carefully and give yourself time, lots of time, keto is not a quick fix anything…

(3c6f21097d06511a9e23) #14

But if you do like veg n salad carry on I do most of my 30 carb limit is veg and salad and I really like it
\v/

(Lonnie Hedley) #15

I didn’t tell anyone to stop eating vegetables, only that our bodies don’t “need” them. :water_buffalo::ox::pig2::ram::goat::deer::rooster::turkey:

(3c6f21097d06511a9e23) #16

Sorry, didn’t mean to make it sound like I’m was having a go. Just confirming some can also do well eating veg n salad. KCKO. :sunglasses: