Almond Milk - Yay or Nay

Does anyone following keto or zero carb used almond milk? The reason I ask is that I recently bought six cartons at Costco and would hate to have to get rid of it.

(Jaidann) #2

I do. The unsweetened kind. Mine has 1 carb in 8oz.

@KetoFied thank you. I am tired of getting rid of food b/c I am changing eating plans. It gets expensive. I am also working on coconut milk but i know that is allowed.

(Bart) #4

I drink unsweetened vanilla almond milk all the time.

I drink unsweetened almond milk too (the one that has 30 calories per serving).

(eat more) #6

me three

Perfectly fine. I tried it, thought it was vile! I am sure I could come up with some uses for it though. If you like it, it’s great IMO.

(gooeykablooey) #8

Yep! Not a fan of drinking it straight though. I use it in recipes like cheese sauce, making shakes (combined with heavy cream or cream cheese) making puddings (also using some heavy cream. If you’re avoiding dairy canned coconut milk or cream can be used) since I don’t use a ton of it though I just buy the unsweetened at Aldi. It’s the cheapest there

(eat more) #9

eew i don’t think i’ve even considered drinking it straight :joy:

(Bart) #10

Lol, I drink a glass of it with dinner, think it tastes fantastic. :grimacing:

(Sascha Heid) #11

Nay.
It’s expensive, does not have a good taste and i have no idea how anyone would milk a nut.
I don’t believe it’s a healthy natural product.
I drink a lot of fresh raw milk which does not have any negative effect on my ketosis and is probably the most nutritious food on earth. The fact that it tastes amazing might influence my objectivity though.

I just finished a 90km ride and after 1l of fresh raw milk my ketonix shows 30 out of 30.
You have to be strict though. If you cheat AND drink milk you will explode :slight_smile:

(Bart) #12

You are probably right

(Ashley Haddock) #13

I use the unsweetened vanilla, but don’t drink it on its own. I tried cashew milk for the first time this week and like it much better! Surprising since I prefer almonds to cashews in nut form.

(Dustin Cade) #14

Yes, cashew milk is way way better!

Thank you for all the responses.

(Julie Harland) #16

I just discovered the 30 calorie unsweetened vanilla almond milk and it’s delicious. I’m now going to try some of the other ones…coconut, cashew. What a find!

(Darren Smith) #17

Be aware of hidden nastys, particularly found in the “special” barista blends at cafes. Some of these Almond Milks taste great and froth up a treat e.g. Milk Lab, however, unfortunately it’s loaded with Maltodextrin - terrible stuff!

(Pete A) #18

Be cognizant of the franken-food aspect of this.

(Maria C.) #19

Hi guys, I ordered an almond flat white coffee this morning and I think the almond milk they used is not unsweetened. Does that mean I’m off ketosis?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #20

Not likely, or if it did, you’ll be right back in. Don’t worry about it.

Not to criticize, but I love the taste of heavy cream so much that I can’t imagine anyone preferring any other flavor in their coffee . . . :smiley: