All Animal August---Triple A

@Ketodaisy
yea I get ya, I did that earlier on with my carnivore lifestyle also…I was like 'I need to do this trick or tip or add part of ‘this other plan’ into my carnivore and I woke up fast like you…what am I doing? LOL

Hey we are the super programmed eating lifestyle and diet tips/tricks and macro/track in the old days and people who research ‘health’ and eating and more types!!! Hard darn thing to drop truly but you will truly drop it in the end cause longer ya go on carnivore you truly find out you won’t need any of it IF we hold plan. Our bodies are amazing on carnivore if we keep the carnivore plan real ya know and keep it simple. The biggest thing on carnivore is your meat/fat intake ratio and that will be different on different days for each of us and I know you are working on what works best for you and doing great at it!! Super congrats on your success on this lifestyle KD!!

@VirginiaEdie :clown_face: Yea my mind went to scurvy also HAHA
I asked on the zero carb forum and they were like, NO it is not scurvy and said it was a detox adaption phase for many and I had a good laugh at myself cause like with scurvy we hear all about the teeth having big issues :wink: too funny!!!

@Shatz
yea you are me! I am uncontrollable around carbs. I can not be a moderator…I must be an abstainer and it is as simple as that for me. What carnivore did for me was quell everyday cravings but even in year 4 I can get hit with more rare cravings when I am ‘off or bored’ or out of sorts, or haven’t eaten enough but luckily I keep working on the mental game along with the physical changes that carnivore gives.

I had so many fights with myself…eat that crap…NO DO NOT GO OFF PLAN I would scream at myself and believe me I was a head mess for a bit cause I committed to ALL IN carnivore and don’t go back and yea it was hard but I stayed on plan, dumped all of the crap and never looked back because I made me a promise. Do whatever the hell it took for me…hardest was ‘knowing me’ and knowing I can’t moderate a carb for anything so I faced reality and grabbed onto the best plan that worked for me personally.

You are ok. You will go thru adaption. Have some head games hit ya around the holidays and more like alot of us had happen, but in the end, when you want something ‘bad enough’ you make it happen. Actions ya know…words are cool but actions speak louder than words all the time :sunny:

@daigo1
I know…right :wink: I use a toothpick for my few teeth that are meat traps. Other than that I got those tight teeth and not much gets in there…but just like FB said…jaws were strong back in old days but I think alot of them had meat in their teeths all the time too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@FrankoBear
good post

sounds like you are enjoying your meals. It reads like you are feeling very ‘set in your carnivore’ meals and doing real well actually, happy for you!!

@Septimius
I like your post.

Difference for me on my ‘low carb’ diet and my ‘carnivore diet’ is that on low carb diet I was teased, could have ‘a few carbs’ and that never helped cause they were crap carbs to me, I wanted to ‘crappy better carbs’ in my life and of course I kept my blood sugar swings just keeping me craving more and more carbs…and to not eat and binge off plan was sheer willpower truly cause the blood sugar swings from eating those few carbs kept me in a very bad place.

On carnivore, off ALL sugar I don’t have the swings. For me personally it meant ‘that true willpower’ was not needed. What was needed those times was a good chat with myself when I did crave thru being bored, or ‘jealous’ of others at an event, or ‘the evil carb monster’ saying inside me, come on, have just a little LOL

key was I physically was not having cravings at all. it was a mental game at that point, one thing I truly didn’t need willpower to fix, I learned other thought techniques and concepts to say no, as simple as that.

When the physical body is off all sugar and blood sugar does not wildly swing in the body it makes for ‘a stable’ clear thinking future about what do you truly want to eat for your health and what it does take for you to succeed and you can consciously follow that path without any physical cravings beating you down. I love that about carnivore! It saved me, not one doubt in my mind :slight_smile:

----------------So I batch cooked up more country style big ol’ fatty delish pork ribs. Loving them right now. Better than steak for me which is rare, but I go with the meat flow I am in love with at the time.

Ate the last of my burgers I batch cooked, will have to get more meat and fry up a good batch more.

Having the meat done and in the fridge and ‘on instant demand’ for me is working out very well. I didn’t and wouldn’t do this when I started carnivore cause I always wanted fresh cooked meals etc but now, I am falling right into this and it is working out just super for me, and the ease of it all is just wonderful! What I like is it took further ‘worrying about my meal choices and more’ off the table for me and I like that alot.
I am on carnivore auto pilot at this point and happy with it!

whatever that itchy weirdo bumps were are disappearing now…thank goodness. no clue what got me truly…but happy it is all fading and should be over with…at least the darn itch is gone :sunny:

I also feel like no matter what ICK or sick or crap I might get hit with, being carnivore and stronger immune system I come thru things pretty fast and in good shape. Luckily I am one who is on that healthier side, knock wood! but feel carnivore gives me an advantage also!

Eat well everyone. Hold the zero carb faith!

So, I did ZC / carnivore during May of this year. May was “meat month.” It didn’t really do anything more for weight loss than your garden-variety keto, but I felt like a million bucks! I don’t think I could do it forever mostly because the wife would not be on board, but in my ordinary course of eating I do end up with quite a few “meat meals” which are carnivore. I would say 1-2 per week.

(Karen) #164

I totally agree. My cravings completely diminished when I started Carnivore. keto was a different matter altogether as I made the fat bombs and there would be about 12 that I would stick in the freezer… oh I will have 1 or 2 a day … right!!! WRONG I would eat them one after the other till they were gone!!! :flushed: they just fed into my food binge addiction. Haven’t missed them at all since moving to carnivore and thats the biggest change i love about this woe … no cravings, no bingeing.

(Vic) #165

Traveling around.

No decent restaurants around, so supermarket it is…

You dont want to know how I eat a raw steak without knife plate and fork. :crazy_face:
Its not pretty :sweat_smile:

I don’t use any willpower to eat in some way as far as I can tell…
I need a woe I desire to begin with.

I still think meat and water is absolutely impossible for me unless life forces me to that, I would make it work then. I can be a very good hedonist when needed.

Extreme low-carb, I can do that. It’s another matter I go off a lot but it’s the most enjoyable when I am on it. Things just happen. I am working on that.

I couldn’t even say 2, I am so incompatible :smiley: I just know people on the “CICO forum” are often into low density food, I can’t imagine why. I don’t think they all are volume eaters…
I had a hypothesis when I actually could lose fat on low-carb. That the denser my food is, the best for losing fat it is. Not this simply but still, close to that. I ate very much food over 500kcal/100g (but very much low-density food as well as a veggie loving low-carber)… Now I do it a tad differently but the volume of my food still dropped. Even if we count all the soup I eat (not that much, actually). But it doesn’t matter.

I had a lunch at 2:45pm. I wanted to wait until I get hungry or something and I was a tiny bit hungry but Alvaro ate and I wanted it too, I already cooked anyway… I don’t think it was a bad idea.
I ate pork stew, eggs and lots of cream because I made whipped cream, mostly for Alvaro and I had to rinse the machine parts with coffee, I don’t just waste 20g cream :smiley: I can’t get it out in any other way. We tried to buy a proper stand mixer but the hypermarket had problems with variety and they only had weak ones and unnecessarily powerful expensive ones and I wanted one in between… And there was one but only the piece for show, none to buy. Oh well, it will happen eventually.
I made some sponge cake with more whites than yolks as I noticed it’s better for a rich, fatty stew. And I made some very very white pancakes too. They were okay-ish but 4:1 ratio is a tad weak (4 whites + 1 yolks, I had leftover whites at that point and used them) :smiley: I will try 2:1.
I stopped using fat for my pancakes, I mean under them. Too much added fat and my pancakes are fatty enough normally.

I will try to have protein richer days (emphasis on lowering the fat, I already eat way more protein than what I need. it’s only for protein, I may need the amount of meat, that’s very probable, actually) to figure our what is easier and more enjoyable for me before donating blood plasma: making some weird low-fat day or fasting. Fasting sounds way better but I want to experiment a bit at least. And… I don’t need to go super low. I am sure 80g fat is fine for them. It’s not like Alvaro never ate fatty stuff before went to donate, it’s pretty much impossible for him even though he can eat almost pure carb meals. But he wasn’t in ketosis or fat-adapted. I know so very little about this… Maybe I should google it.

But I wanted to experiment with low-fat anyway. So, 70-80g, I can’t really imagine anything below that but maybe that is possible too. Still no idea what people consider low-fat. Is it percentage? My minimum was 45-50% fat on high-carb (but I probably rarely went that low) but ONCE I went below on keto I think. It’s easier to go low on keto for me, I just don’t like to do that.
So I don’t think I would do that regularly… But we will see. Maybe it would work, I never really tried. I tried to eat even more protein but my fat went up more than my protein. So I need to focus on the fat. :smiley: It sounds so bad. If I do anything with fat, it will go up. If I do anything with some other macro (especially if I raise it), the fat probably goes up (almost surely if I raise carbs or protein). Tricky. But I like challenges.
No idea if my body loves such ones now.

Of course. I was aware of that :slight_smile: I always ate up all my sweets. We never made cakes and left any except from the biggest, richest ones… Leaving biscuits isn’t my style either…
But I never needed fat bombs, I just liked them and experimented with them. And I liked peanuts and well, peanuts are not enough fatty (even though I ate a lot alone too) so they needed to become fatbombs sometimes… They even stayed crunchy in the freezer :smiley:
After some time I managed not to eat all 16 at once (but I usually made only 8 anyway, to be sure. and it’s not like I could afford the fat on any day… but I stalled either way so it mattered little, I just was so hopeful and tried to lose fat on keto and it never happened. except in my OMAD week and carni 2 weeks this far. and I very rarely made fat bombs).

But it’s not just snacks and desserts. Whenever I saw a recipe, I looked at the total numbers. Maybe I divided it by 2 if it was something Alvaro liked… Meat and egg dishes are the ones where I can stop. Thankfully. IDK what I would do if I could eat 2kg pork shoulders for a meal :smiley:

Eating 16 fat bombs isn’t a binge., It’s not much at all. Too much along with my normal food but I can’t call eating those a binge. Well my fat bombs were 4-5g each, maybe you had bigger ones.

But indeed, carnivore and binge… Those can’t happen together in my life either. Some people can eat a lot of eggs or meat, I can’t. Except chicken but I don’t do that anymore.
(14 eggs isn’t many on a low-meat day but I only did that once!)

Hmmm, fat bombs. It was ages ago I used them :smiley: I don’t need them now for sure but I could make some I am sure and they would work nicely on carnivore. Lack of plant carbs makes wonders. I rather use other stuff when I need to eat bigger meals and I can’t without tricks. As time passes, I handle these “problems” better and better.
Actually, borderline anything on carnivore is a fat bomb from my viewpoint… But my fav fat bomb is dry sausage. I definitely couldn’t overeat it as it’s a processed stuff and not something I want to eat galore. Or I just consider it almost a spice that one shouldn’t eat excessively…? Probably both. It’s too salty to eat much of anyway, I think. I don’t remember and I ate some today. With other stuff.

Oh I forgot to write that after my pork and eggs, I had the usual feeling that I lack something else. I ate coffee with cream as I had to anyway… Then dry sausage and Italian cheese (a tiny bit)… Then coffee with cream again. And it worked but I hope it will get better as I stay on carnivore. I didn’t want dessert in the past on carnivore, I guess my carbier times and fruit seasons messed with that a bit. So I will have dessert/snack after every meal now for a while, I suppose. Fine with me as long as I don’t go out of my special style of woe.

i tried eating raw steak before but i couldn’t get it down and felt like i was choking constantly. chewing on a piece for like 5 minutes didn’t really seem to help the rubbery texture that it felt like in my mouth. are you just supposed to swallow the pieces whole? they don’t seem to break down even with a ton of chewing

(Linda ) #168

Yeah that is the amazing thing of carnivore no cravings. I’ve never had a cheat meal as for sweets I’ve still got my diet soda I guess and my coffee that has a tablespoon of protein shake in it to break the black bitterness …
Coffee comes and goes with me something I drink for a month or two then nothing for months on end lol…

I dont even snack of lately either but the scale is still inching its way up…

Todays food was 5 strips of bacon with egg white cooked in waffle iron…

2nd meal was two egg white wraps and 2 uncured bratwurst from aldi…

I went back to bacon because it does full me up and it’s more of a 1:1 ratio …
I’m not giving up on carnivore I love the simplicity of shopping cooking…

(Karen) #169

Went to bed fairly early to give myself opportunity to get the hours in and it worked albeit I was still awake a lot.

Stair running done and CrossFit this morning then after some running around picking up cash and plumbing stuff went home to wait for gas serviceman and my plumber friend.

Brunch was cold pork and crackling that was still crispy! Follwed by some smoked cheddar.

Dinner was a small thin sirloin steak which I just tickled the pan with, bacon and eggs. Followed a little later by cheese and some more cold pork.

Gasman was late plumber was early lol. At least I now have an outside tap for the landscapers to mix their cement!

(Patrick) #170

Not ate anything yet today but I think I ate too much meat last night…guessing around 800 grams or more? of ground beef, plus decided to have 6 eggs and 4 bacon. Had a nap and felt weird the rest of the night, tired and like crap. Today is day 5 and have got a lingering migrane…guessing sugar withdrawl just hit me? I get migranes all the time though and people keep telling me to see a doctor because it’s not normal what I go through all the time. Today will be a bunch of chicken wings with 4 bacon and 4 eggs and lots of salt.

I am going to airfry my chicken wings, am I allowed to use non stick cooking spray on them?

Didn’t track yet but my lunch must have been small as I got truly hungry 6 hours later so I ate again. Pork stew with sponge cakes (more whites than yolks, yep, they are good together), more coffee with cream. I made whipping cream and that is always so tempting… So I drank a bit many coffees today but not before my first meal, it’s something… I slowly make progress I think. This wasn’t a normal day.

The tiny stew almost run out. Did I write 2.2kg pork chuck is little and we will use 4kg meat next time? The stew may be rich and fatty but it still was so small, we barely ate from it a few times. And it’s not like we didn’t eat many other things too… Cooking is such a time-consuming chore sometimes. And I like cooking. In moderation. I probably got lazier regarding cooking but why overcomplicate it if something simple works? I still can’t eat very simple but I am improving.

(Daisy) #172

Today was my third lean day in a row, really 4th because Sunday was more lean. I am feeling it right now. Almost migraine level headache and nausea. Going to bed now and will wake up to a lovely fat refeeding day. This morning was a chicken omelette for breakfast. Burger patties for lunch. Then a burger patty, chicken tenderloin, salmon filet, and psmf bread.
image image image

Breakfast yesterday was 2 boiled eggs, some leftover roast pork and some brie cheese with a coffee. Then dinner was 400g warm roast beef. I don’t get it with gravy. If it needs fat, I smear it in liver pate. I had a rack of baked pork ribs as well. I walked around the grocery store looking at duck, green lip mussels, pickled octopus, smoked salmon, but left them all on the shelf. Just left with the baked and roast meats and pate. I did eat some full fat Greek yoghurt after the meat, and I didn’t need the pate.

About to take Billie (the Labrador) for a walk after getting some morning work done. We’ll end up at a nice local cafe for coffee and a big eggy breakfast.

Im just a few days ahead of you, i had headache mild in the beginning, but great energy. Then came the lethargy, ican switch between feeling energized, and then lethargic in the same day. Ive felt like crap for a few days, yesterday was my first evening of nausea, for me, thats the worst. Went to bed for the night at 18.00.
But the food is tasty, and easy, and my addiction-monster is sleeping.
Yesterday i ate a rib-eye + 200g beefburger, with a little melted jarlsberg on top.
Ninja foodi grill xl has arrived, and im in love.

Things went so well lately regarding decising what and how much to eat… The when is a bit problematic still? It seems I feel a bit bad after a late meal the next time. I always do in the last year or something, it was fine before. I eat proper food and due to hunger and still, timing is off and I feel some weight in my body the next day, not horrible but not fun.
I don’t know what to do, I don’t want to track especially not right after eating. Fasting is out when I am hungry. And I can’t eat pancakes all the time (they always bring enough calories to make an already decent sized meal big enough), can I? Theoretically I can and I am often close in practice but it’s such a dependance…

Oh well, I will be fine, it happens rarely and not so bad.

I am very very low-energy too but it’s morning, I had a bad, tired night (I waited for the washing machine, we accidentally turned off the quick program :smiley: I surely wasn’t well already, I was melting since days in this hotness so such a little thing could make things worse), my last carbs aren’t THAT faw away, I ate late and I exercised little lately. So of course I am a tired zombie now. It will get better I hope. But it would be awesome to have normal energy one day and not low or low-ish.

I almost depress myself but I have an immunity to that. We go out to the scorching summer now. I hope my fast will be very, very, very long, eating is such a problematic things, if not eating itself, the effect of it, I want to feel right.

Are you in southern half of europe? Terrible with heatwave. I think maybe first and foremost consentrate on just survive. Go slow, stay cool, drink water. It really is taxing on the body, when we are not aclimatized to such temperatures.

(…and who is Alvaro?)

Oh, and ive been wondering: Avocado oil, is it fitting on carnivore, does it bring plant allergens/reactens, or is it a pure fat.

Another question, is 20 carbs aceptable on carnivore? If I wanted to eat 100g of greek yoghurt or cottage cheese daily. (Ive been listening about the protein-leverage on dietdoctor)

yes it is adaption/detox/withdrawl, you will be ok, just eat well thru it best you can. the switch over does take time. you hold strong!

yea some non stick cook spray is fine if you need to use a little. Stuff like that, very small situations should be taken not too crazy cause little things like this shouldn’t effect you and while this first change is happening, being too strict or worried about something very small like a smidge of non stick spray shouldn’t be something that derails you, ya know.

Stay strong and carnivore on :slight_smile:

@Ketodaisy
yea 4 days is pushing it definitely for me…3 days tops way more lean is about the best I can do LOL I know what feeling, your body is saying feed me the fat, and we truly feel it!!

@FrankoBear
I bet the locals at your cafe love Billie :slight_smile:

No, avacado oil is not carnivore but if you are using just a smidge, sure, alot of people still keep some plant oils in their arsenal for cooking, but most carnivores, at some point after starting will dump ALL plant oils. But yea if in a pinch and you wanna use a smidge, sure, won’t kill ya LOL

20 carbs from ALL dairy is not a great thing on carnivore truly for most people.

OK…dairy gets weirdo on carnivore…SO not one carb from eating from the animal kingdom matters because it is all wrapped in good fat and protein. They are mute. Example is some few carbs in eggs. Some carbs in shrimp. Some carbs from liver. All fine, don’t count or even think about them…

now comes ‘dairy’ in its own little world for each of us on a very personal level.

think dairy as not natural. There is no yogurt being hunted. No one is out trapping and skinning cottage cheese LOL It is a man made animal product.

So thing with dairy is your tolerance. Dairy doesn’t set well with alot of people even if you can use it. I lucky do so well on cheese but barely eat it anymore, when starting carnivore I loved my cheese but it can slow weight loss, IF YOU don’t eliminate it or control it very tightly when you start you kinda don’t know how it is effecting you…like if you drop it for at least 2 weeks, no dairy at all, then you add it back you might have a reaction that shows up and you say, hmmm, I didn’t go great on dairy, huh but at least you know.

Dairy on carnivore should never be ‘a meal’ of any substance. Dairy should always be a small side item to your meat plate. Like if you love a 'cheese’burger then use some cheese but it is paired up with good meat.

So go cautious on dairy a bit cause it is carnivore but man made and carries alot of intolerances that work against alot of us just on an allergen type issue.

But you will have to find out how well you do on dairy personally to see if it is something you will keep in carnivore for yourself.

--------------so I didn’t eat much

1 country pork rib around 10am and it held me.
around 3 or so I got the smallest bit hungry, had 2 beef sticks and can of tuna, wanted no heavy meat or anything really. Just that kinda day :slight_smile:

done for the day

I dropped a lb :slight_smile: My hot hot weather now means I just eat less and move more and been swimming alot in my pool. Normal for me. A few days of eating lighter and I woke up (kinda like KD here) starving and feeling the need to refuel so believe me I am hoofing it right to a big Tbone steak as my first meal. I want meat! Might pair up with a bit of bacon also.

Everything is going great.
I tell ya the instant/on demand cooked batch food in the fridge is the most convenient thing for me. I am finding a new zero carb zone groove :slight_smile: I love it.

Store has the country pork ribs on low sale. Will go later today and grab big packs for freezer. I am loving them right now so much and they are satisfying me to all ends so…stock up while I can :slight_smile:

Carnivore on strong everyone!!! We all got this!!

:joy:

Thank you, yes im staying on the narrow for 30-60 days, i would like more to have some dairy than some vegetables, so maybe that will be my first test down the road.

yup, testing on ourselves is important for sure but on carnivore the whole concept is eat that meat and enjoy it and eat all you need while you change over in the beginning…later when you get thru adaption, feel confident and more secure with time on the plan, then we can feel our way around on this lifestyle to ‘make it suit us’ best it can…cool :slight_smile:

Makin ready bacin. In my new love, «the Ninja»

@Shatz
if you took a pic of it, then yes you sure love your Ninja :slight_smile: Many many use air fryers etc and love that item that just cooks their meats so well…cool!! Send that bacon to me please HA

---------------hit grocery store

UGH the country pork was mostly sold out and no truck til later today so I grabbed the ‘2 best packs’ but looked over and saw the pork tenderloins on sale at a somewhat decent price, and I love them, so I bought 6.

so I feel very meat safe for a few days LOL

now ALL those steaks I got in the fridge I will have to eat in between my new love of pork again and get those outta there in due time before they get freezer burn. I ain’t worried, I can hound down a steak without too much trouble at all times tho :wink:

WOW tho store prices have hiked :frowning: bleck