All Animal August---Triple A

(Linda ) #122

It doesnt seem to matter what I do so ill be no help fasting I just tend to eat at about 11am and 3.30…yesterday wasn’t an overly hungry day I ate
first meal 1 chorizo sausages on protein bread 2nd meal another chorizo sausage a chicken breast and some protein bread…today I’m up another pound…
So im not sure what I’m going to do here I just keep gaining…
It’s like every thing I eat my body is going to just gain…

Ive only done carnivore for a week, so i dont understand why youre gaining. I wonder how long have you been carnivore? Do you gain also if you cut sausage and proteinbread, and stick to clean meat and fat?

Ok you are a newbie point blank. You can’t ‘ever be us’ who walked thru adaption and have changed thru time on plan and what you read, we say, is about us and not you at this level :slight_smile:

Keep in your lane so to speak cause I was just like you,…in that I read so and so said this or that and I thought WHY am I not that? or why has that not happened? and I figured it out LOlL in that we are never those on plan longer so one must ‘walk that carnivore’ path is suits them.

No fasting point blank.

Eat is to heal. Eating as you need AT ALL times when new is what makes you 'find your eating pattern, you get thru adaption, your hormones change and way more but all that takes time…so think the full on carnivore lifestyle…meat heals and repairs and for each of us coming into this it will take our personal time so you have to be you at this point…you have to go by your body and to ‘force fast’ when your body requires meat/fat to change you get in your own healing way.

we must dump all ‘dieting baggage’ coming into this truly and when you do the magic happens :slight_smile: it did for me!

Dr Fung is not carnivore and doesn’t ‘know what carnivore results’ are gotten by being on carnivore plan…and yes all of us have researched forced fasting and more here, but this is not the time to rely on ‘what ifs’…eat all the time, what you think you need, never give it a second thought and one day, honest to heaven you wake up ‘knowing you and what you personally’ require for your eating day :slight_smile:

it means the body healed more and will then start to send signals, just listen the but when we start…eat, just eat as you need.

hope some of that helps in a way!

and carnivores almost give no thought to ketones levels as on strips or whatever…the plan changes us if we just eat as we require…then we ‘can dabble’ more down the line’ after adaption stuff, after being more fat adapted, after we heal…the beginning of carnivore and faith in the plan is the hardest.

you are wanting 30 days…eat and forget, don’t look back, just do 30 on all the meat/fat etc days you require…good things come to you I am sure

Thanks for that :two_hearts:

and give it easy terms as in

if you were a biker or a competitive new swimmer and you saw someone bike 25 miles or a swimmer who did 50 laps and ‘you wanted to be this’ could you do it from day 1?

nope…just ask and learn and find how they got there and do the true diligence to become that person you so want to experience.

SO NEW carnivores is just eat :slight_smile: you can never go wrong doing just that but if we ‘tweak, monkey’ think we can change from ol’ baggage dieting ideas while we start’ we won’t ever win the payday at the end

so think also that what it took for another also won’t be your path into the end game…so we listen and learn what it took for others but then WE MUST PUT our individual needs into this lifestyle also. This is where we learn what is US and what is others and how we move forward way more into truth health we want on this lifestyle!!

ok just some more chat on it

(Linda ) #127

Yeah don’t let me unsettle you lol… I think its happening cos my body was in diet mode on keto for a year…and in carnivore it saw a way to grab what its been lacking…
I’ve got an appointment with Dr C coming up he wasn’t bothered when I gained 6 …so we will see what he says next month…
But I certainly don’t want to scare you off …I’d rather be healthy than skinny sick…but I just hate seeing the number go up…lol

(Daisy) #128

I am rolling :joy::joy::joy::joy: she will never be food. She’s even housebroken already! :heart_eyes:I’m really working hard to convince hubby to let her be a house piggy!

Basically just not adding any fat and sticking to leaner cuts. I usually aim for 60/40 or 50/50 protein to fat ratios.

Thank you!! She is my :purple_heart:!!

I did a lot of fasting last year and I feel like it did nothing for me. I really don’t do more than the occasional 24 hour fast now. You just have to see what works for you!

(Karen) #129

My son in law came round this morning to finish repairing my shed roof … so I had to get up from my bed … at nearly 10 o’clock … a bit embarrassing really as I can’t remember the last time I lay in bed late. I had been waking every hour from about 4am so decided I needed to chill and stay in bed hahaha.

Anyway I got up when he arrived and while he was doing his stuff, I did mine up and down the stairs hahah.

Brunch about 1130am sauted chicken and melted cheese.

Mature stilton .

Dinner ribeye steak eggs and bacon.
Followed just now with a packet of smoked salmon and a tin of tuna. I think 8 feel satisfied now lol.

Oh I bought a joint of pork shoulder with a good amount of skin on so I am going to roast that tomorrow and see if I like that better than the belly. If I don’t like it then my daughter will be a lucky girl cos i ! Will be dropping it off at her houe lol .
20210808_193830|374x500

(Edith) #130

My resting heart rate goes up when I eat foods that don’t agree with me, particularly foods that are high in histamine. My resting heart rate also crept up over time a few years ago because I wasn’t getting enough potassium.

(Edith) #131

I get joint pain from dairy, particularly in my lower back and feet. It may not be coincidence that your fingers stopped hurting when you stopped dairy.

1 lb is “noise” it is not a change at all.

I reckon stay off the scales. Give them to a neighbour or in-law that you don’t like. Just check in with body weight when at the doctor’s office. At the doctor body scale weight is in a mix of measures that include blood measures and other physical (tape) measures. And the doctor is there to give you a professional interpretation of the sum of all the measures.

Clothes fit, as you have found, is a better indicator of positive change, and whether you feel strong. Unless of course you are aiming at gaining muscles for aesthetic bodybuilding, then bigger clothes are needed as muscles get bigger.

Healthy weight gain occurs with shifting body tissues to lean mass by increasing bone density, being more physically active, and gaining muscle. Eating carnivore is a healthier nutrition fed state, and that key difference to low calorie dieting changes the value and importance of body scale weighing as a parameter for progress. These more dense body tissues replace stored body fat over time. So, scale weight loss and gain has no real meaning, unless the person is very overweight or very underweight.

I think weighing in on scales is an hangover from low calorie dieting and was used to hide the fact that people were losing bone and muscle due to under nutrition as well as body fat, but ending up much less healthy. New tech biometric/ bio-impedance scales may be better for people who are addicted to weigh-ins because, at least, they indicate changes in body fat percentage, but not always accurately.

Ask Dr. Cywes if daily or regular weigh ins on home scales could be a behavioural addiction that results in a negative mental state and health risk?

—————————

We were just discussing ‘fed-fasting’ in the form of the protein sparing modified fast (PSMF) as a good fit for the carnivore way of eating to help to get to body fat loss goals without sacrificing healthy lean mass. This is important in people embarking on their 4th decade or older. PSMF is, however, quite a difficult way of eating and some planning, support and psychological preparation helps make it successful. It is not for newbies. It may trigger dietary disaster in the ill prepared or metabolically ill-adapted. It can make people feel sick.

Carnivore eating finds it’s own rhythm, I think. Some see it as ‘fasting’ days of low appetite that may result in smaller intakes, mixed with feasting days where the appetite directs more eating.

image Roast boar, anyone?

Maybe it follows a pattern of successful hunting behaviour? Where an animal of size and significance was caught maybe once or twice a week in an abundant environment. I get that pre-industrial eating pattern from reading the Asterix and Obelix books (@Carnivoor vic, do you know those?) . On other days, foraged smaller critters, eggs, fish, molluscs, insects, larvae, crustaceans, or leftover food was eaten to balance needs of physical activity.

If a person has excess body fat to lose and is properly fat-adapted in the carnivore way of eating, they could consider planning a fast. A planned fast just seems better suited to ketogenic dieters that have large body fat stores and are restricted from physical activity, or so heavy and weak they risk injury if they climb some stairs, for example.

But the benefits of autophagy are hard to measure. In a carnivore WOE, it is a high nutrition feeding plan, so one may be better to get the autophagy benefits through gently increasing physical activity into regular exercise. And planning rest days from more intense workouts, as it is during the rest phase that autophagy occurs. That way there is no down side.

(Daisy) #133

There were some greens on my plate today (zucchini) but I will show the picture without it lol. Plus a protein shake image image

I’m interested in the protein shakes Daisy. Could we have information please?

My 16 year old goddaughter has gone a bit feral and has very large mood swings. The behaviour changes started in the teenage times and have been worsening, especially as she demands food autonomy from her mom’s wholefood home cooking and is getting nutrition advice from her peers (junk food, fast food, FOMO social interactions) and online celebrities (vegetarian vegan pushers).

But I heard in a podcast about using a high nutrition protein shake and a 10 minute, no technology, teenage-emotion-bomb defuse, as direct mental first aid. That’s why I’m interested to know what is a good protein shake.

The technique is used by the mom in this podcast, near the end of the podcast where the 16 year old daughter joins the conversation at about 1hr and 6minutes. The cool thing is the young lady appreciates that she has a whey to get through a teenage emotional meltdown.

(Sama Hoole) #135

Wrapped up my carnivore cut the other day, 15kg down in 12 weeks. Feels a little too rapid, but I was eating at least 3000 calories a day for the vast chunk of the programme. So couldn’t be helped.

Two weeks on maintaining, then it’s time to pack the pounds on.

(Daisy) #136

Yes! It’s definitely dirty carnivore lol, closer to keto. It’s just ice, 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (ideally you would use raw milk, but alas I have no access. You can also just use any “milk” you tolerate. I have used coconut also), 1 scoop of unsweetened collagen powder , 1 scoop of protein powder (I’m currently using isopure Dutch chocolate, but I’m not crazy about the ingredients). That’s it!

When I use up all the isopure, I plan to just use unsweetened protein powder and unsweetened cocoa powder. The sweetener in the isopure gives me a nasty aftertaste (sucralose) and I’m used to not having sweet, so I don’t think I need it. I will say (before the aftertaste) this tastes exactly how I remember a frosty tasting!!

fast post as we are off to the mall for back to school clothes shopping for my kid. ugh…shoot me. I am not a shopper LOL luckily she is not either and this should be a fast trip.

I got some hive allergy thing happening. ITCHY! got red bumps on my inner arms and along my torso and I tell ya they are just starting to annoy the heck out of me.

I did nothing different other than…ta da, this has to be it…I walked my back horse pasture fence line for checks and went along the far pasture fence also to check fencing and maintenance to see if any downed trees on the line or anything and I walked thru alot of weeds etc…but if I did that shouldn’t my ankles and more be effected and not just the upper part of my body?? I don’t have a clue.

taking some allergy meds etc and using some anti-itch cream and hope it goes down vs. getting more ramped up

got me chicken later for today I batch cooked along with a Tbone steak I defrosted. hubby snatched my leftover shrimp the little weasel and I was gonna do steak and shrimp today but luckily with my batch cook on my chicken I have something already done, plus some of the burgers I made so I am covered for today.

I have NO intention of eating out, cause I know kiddo is gonna want to eat lunch out later and she can eat, no troubles there, but I know one thing, I am eating my food at home!

tomorrow when I have some time I am going to make a small batch of ghee and try it out and see how I like it :slight_smile:

have to get moving but there is really great chat on the board!

Those plants are out to get us, one way or another…

This newbie is feeling crap, its hard to do a normal round with my dog, and i feel like sleeping alot. I think its just normal transition stuff, becouse i eat meat + bacon + eggs…

Its my day seven.

Simple day. I have very little variety now, only pork stew and sponge cake (for the newbies: it’s 100% eggs. sometimes not 100 but now I skipped even the vinegar, still don’t know if it does a thing)… Tomorrow is city with insanely many things to do, oh when it was only super tiring due to shopping… We want AC (mostly for heating but we surely will use it for cooling the house in summer too. it probably will do little regarding that as it will be a tiny system, only downstairs… but every little thing helps and anyway, when it’s too hot, even downstairs is too hot, it will be nice to have a cooler place), I want to donate bloodplasma soon, lawyer, whatever… It’s a lot.

But a few hours ago I still had a slice of raw pork chuck and fatty pieces too. So I fried and ate them with eggs. I forgot to make a photo, the meat was so pretty raw, this was a nicely marbled chuck slab, not all is this good.

I still have minimal appetite and only a super soft (but that’s more than enough for me) hunger. It was easy to eat “much” (not so much but I had 2 heavy days… I took notes but in the end was in no mood to track. it doesn’t matter), chuch has that effect on me :smiley:
But I missed something and ate sour cream and pancakes (not fully carnivore ones but extreme low net-carb ones, I had no better idea :frowning: I barely have anything!). It would be nice just to eat some main dish and that’s it. I never was that type. Sometimes I manage it on carnivore but not always. Hopefully it will change or I will figure out what can I eat after meat and eggs… Maybe coffee with cream despite I want to stop that… But if it’s just once a day or less, it’s not that bad for now…
Tomorrow I do what I can, Oti (for newer ones: my SO Alvaro’s Mom) surely will cook something and if it’s almost carnivore, I will eat it. We will see. Alvaro promised to eat everything else, there or we bring it back in jars as usual :slight_smile: It just makes our life simpler…
I will bring some sponge cakes with me as bread, we will buy lots of carni food so I won’t need to be hungry, no matter what.

Things should get easier afterwards, I buy all my usual things, head cheese, sausage, bresaola, the pork jowl thing that is almost just fat tissue but the almost means a lot and it’s very tasty anyway… And I badly need something not-fowl as I run out. Lots of pork, some hake and some beef! We run out of cheese, that’s useful too, even for me when I just want something different but Alvaro is totally lost without any. Other people may ask what to eat if not bread, he just can’t imagine what to eat with bread if not cheese :smiley: There are a few other options but with conditions like I must make some deviled eggs filling first. Odd. I could eat bread with, like, anything including nothing though that had a lower than zero satiation level (at ANY amount as far as I could test it) but that’s not the point, bread only can raise that if I eat it with very much fatty protein. Of course, skipping the bread significantly raise the satiating effect… I wonder WHY I never figured out I just should eat fatty protein with not much else…? I don’t think I ever thought it over… But Alvaro has everything on nearly the same satiating level. Poor one still can’t lose fat without extreme suffering and he has enough problem without that. Oh well, he’s still way lighter than me. But at 5’9" (176cm) and 152lbs (69kg), he has some not aesthetical extra fat even if it doesn’t seem so looking at the numbers. And it’s not THAT much but it’s ALL on his belly. Sigh. And I can’t help him as he needs his style of diet (where diet means what one eats) and the satiating effect is extremely closely correlated with the calories eaten (probably the protein intake matter it but it is always in the same not too wide range). Not much room for tricks. Maybe more exercise, that’s never a bad thing for either of us (he walked a lot with several broken ribs and vertebrae too, a few days after the spleenectomy :smiley: it’s hard to stop him. I hate being in a bed for long too) and he experienced he needs a decent activity or he gains immediately. Soon comes the time when he must use the car for work too…
But he has 2 weeks of holiday (1 week normal, 1 week mandatory) now! I want to go and see places! We both like some cute hiking or cycling, he runs too. I run but very very little.

Hmmm… I need some new recipes. Or old ones I haven’t used lately. Or else I will get bored with my food, it being nice just isn’t enough. I am fine for a while but the end of my meals are trickier.

I keep seing and shotting animals I never did! But it would be too much offtopic, I just show this, I named him Golden Butt.
Sorry, I have no food photo but I eat the same things anyway. I wanted to shot the not totally carni stew Alvaro made on open fire but I forgot that too.

(Linda ) #140

@FrankoBear yeah that’d the weirdest part of all my clothes still fit me…

The chicken really did me no good I ate it and later cooked a tomahawk steak as soon as it was out of the oven I was munching on all the fat I could get my hands on…

Oh well just roll with it I guess lol … I dont think I really have options on that or I just get really hungry …

Got blood work to do today Dr C does so much it takes forever to get the results back my appointment isn’t until start of September so I’m hoping I’ll get the results back in time.
Food today rest of my roast tomahawk and I might grab more meat while I’m out.

(Karen) #141

Wakeful night, covers on , covers off and lying in bed at 3.45am thinking am I going to get back to sleep! Alarm switched off at 7.45am, cancelled CF and had a lay in instead. Slept another hour then was catching up on the phone for a while.

Did my stair runs and watched a bit or TV, then cleared some more clothes out for the charity shop. The bags are mounting up and they’re only taking a few bags at a time so I ought to start dropping them off or they will take over the front room!

Brunch was the last of the cooked chicken that was sauted as per with melted cheese. Followed by a small amount of cheddar and some stilton.

This morning I also roasted the pork shoulder joint I bought yesterday. As my taste keeps changing on carnivore I thought I would give it another go. I googled roasting information to try and get the crackling to crisp. I followed instructions and Yay it worked. I didn’t follow the instructions entirely as it said to use garlic and onions and then continued to instruct on gravy and I don’t do all that stuff… never much liked gravy anyway. So I just added a little amount of water to the roasting pan and put the pork on a rack and did it that way. Followed all the other instructions and timings even though the wrapping on the pork would have had me cooking it for less time.

The results: beautiful crispy crackling with no chewy or hard brittle bits that break ya teeth ! Tender moist meat right through the whole joint. I am now re-converted to pork after all these years. Dont think I will be doing belly ever again though lol. I picked a great joint that had a complete covering of skin and a good amount of fat under the skin. The fat is delish. 1.750kg £4.55 from lidl so quite a cheap lump of meat.
Will definitely do this again. I will have plenty for my work pack-up tomorrow :grin:

20210809_162849

Well how strange i thought I had posted this yesterday!!

Oh well up at 4.45am for work, did my stair running and then ran around all day collecting and returning prisoners for video link.

Nice to get home and rest my weary tootsies.

Took 8n a pack up of cold pork which was as nice as when it was hot and the crackling was still crispy! Pluse 5 topside beef slices. Home to some more pork and some cheese. Quite tired as again a bad nights sleep last night… hopefully get a better one tonight.