All Animal August---Triple A

It may be little critters. It might be mites. A skin scrape with a scalpel blade and a look under a microscope gets the diagnosis. If you have mangy foxes out in the fields it can be a source. Or, it could also be hay mites depending on the height of the pasture, or if you’ve been working with hay. They don’t like humans as hosts, so they eventually go away. The aim is to not to scratch yourself raw in the meantime.

I was big on brokkoli and cauliflower, rolled in butter and sourcream. - daily.

Im on youtube, looking at all these happy: «My week of carnivore»…etc. And i feel almost offended. I know this will be great, or i will make up my mind, wether its great or not, when my body is fully able to utelize all the goodness, when not being busy dealing with carbs. And in my head, im prepared to give that 30-60 days…this is day 8…

Im so happy I can vent a bit on this thread, i know you all sigh, and have heard it all before. But recognize how I get hung up on stuff in the adaptation. Just eat the damn meat, right?

:scream_cat::clown_face:

vent all you want. nothing wrong with that cause when I started zero carb I was on ZIOH (Zeroing in on Health on facebook) and I vented out and asked the craziest questions.

I thought since I came from extreme low carb into carnivore that it would be a cake walk truly and it wasn’t. I had to adapt also tho not as severe as many others had dealt with it, I had my downs with adaption too :slight_smile:

All you do is wait for it to go away and wonder, wonder all the time when will that happen!!? I read other’s just saying hold tight, give it time, hang in there, and EAT the damn meat LOL, just like you said.

Hey we do get it and yes it is fine to vent out.

Some things we can’t change. As you dump toxins from your body while not eating plant based stuff you feel it sometimes…some tougher than others…while your body flips from any glucose burn to all ketone burn you can feel it and then ya got the mental aspect…on extreme low carb I could ‘dip up’ a little every now and then and eat some crap I wanted but on carnivore we drop ALL sugar of any kind and ALL plant based foods so we go into such elimination it can be very tough on many to do this so alot of us had to deal with that line of crap also.

If you feel icky you vent it out, it is cool and we not only heard it before, we walked it also!!

Wait til your teeth might hurt? LOL I got that as a detox issue…all my teeth were sore, sensitive, felt like they were gonna fall out of my mouth and I could barely chew some days and I thought WTH? Went online and all the veterans were like, yes that happens and I am like you got to be kidding me HAHA That drove me nuts but thankfully it didn’t last long :slight_smile:

You will truly be ok…the start is the hardest cause once off plant based lifestyle eating you will become different…thing is if you give it long enough, like into a 90 day time period…if you make a decision you do ‘go back’ into some plants you truly can see the effects they have or do not have directly on you ya know…so it does give alot more insight to how food works for you or against you.

Hold strong! We got your back, vent away :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

----------------- today is country pork ribs I will cook later. Batching out 2 big packages.
got some chicken cooked in fridge, got 2 small burgers left to eat

food was bacon cheese omelet, 2 small cheeseburger patties and a small Tbone steak.

omg that steak was the chewiest bas**** in the world LOL I had a fight with that thing. Luckily I wasn’t that hungry cause in truth I only ate what little bit of it that was decent enough and the rest I said see ya later! ugh…hadn’t had a real toughie like that in a long time, surprised me on that steak.

rock on with carnivore all :slight_smile:

(Daisy) #149

I am almost 21 months in and still figuring it out!!! Vent all you want!

(Daisy) #150

So I spent all last night researching Vince Gironda’s steak and egg diet. After an hour or more of research, I was going to bed and thought “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! You are literally seeing fantastic results with your current approach. Why are you trying to change it??!!! STOP!!” It’s the destructive voices in my head that every time something starts to work, I change it. So I made a commitment to continue with my current approach. I had someone who hadn’t seen me in a couple months tell me he could tell I’d lost weight :tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball:. I’ve lost 11 pounds since March. And I know that may not seem like a lot, but to me, after the year I have had, is absolutely huge.

(Edith) #151

@Shatz, @FrankoBear is wondering if you ate a lot of oxalate containing foods: nuts, berries, leafy greens, potatoes, etc, before starting your carnivore diet.

Many people who have oxalate stores built up in their bodies start to dump oxalate about two to three weeks after lowering or removing completely (as a result of carnivore) oxalate containing food. It’s possible you could be experiencing oxalate dumping. You may want to search the forum or online about oxalates. There have been many discussions about it.

When I go completely carnivore, it takes about two weeks for the dumping to begin: aching back, crusty eyes, cloudy urine, diarrhea, heart palpitations, and headaches.

(Edith) #152

That happened to me, too. I thought I was getting scurvy. :laughing: Then I found out that it is one of the symptoms of oxalate dumping, which I forgot to list in my previous post. :grinning:

Hmm, I ate nuts and salads, but maybe not alot, time will tell :smiley:. I dont care if it hurts, my absolute main problem is addictive behaviour around food. I would probably be fine on keto, could i stick to it, but i think the carbs triggers me, and i loose all controll. So far i dont care about trigger foods, im even consiously thinking about them, trying to remember the «feeling»… but nothing…
I have some spots of psoriasis, and a little redness in the face, im curious if that will resolve.

And ofcourse 70 pounds to loose, I need this to move me in the right direction!!!

You are a hero.
I would feel any bad, I would immediately quit… Okay, except I don’t have where to quit… It’s not like adding carbs do any good to me BUT I feel quite fine without those so…

I am very pleased with my attitude, I only gets upset when I leave my win/win situation for something worse from every viewpoint (except from my rebellious inner self)…

I did it gradually (though vegetarian keto -> carnivore trials with many non-carni days in-between didn’t seem THAT gradual… but my carb intake went from a few hundreds to below 10 - on a good day - in 10 years, it was slow enough), it probably helped. Or my high-fat life. Etc.

I can’t even imagine how people can make bigger jumps! Even high-carb -> paleo was a very very easy jump, I didn’t give up anything important. Many people seem to have problems with even giving up gluten or sugar. It was super easy for me back then, happened in a day…

We all have different circumstances. Some of us have it harder or easier. Your case is unique even if it may be similar to others. You are a hero and a fighter! Even if you vent :wink:

Let’s not talk about today, my brain melted, ew. Heatwave is back. But the evening was cool and I run a tiny bit!

Alvaro’s Mom made pork stew too but way leaner than mine and watery… She cooks great but certain dishes are way too wet. It wasn’t bad, per se but mine is richer and better for both of us.
We now have lots of stew liquid for the cats. His mom said we could add bread but we told her

1. Alvaro eats all his bread, thank you very much and
  2. cats are obligate carnivores. Even if they manage to survive on food with a big plant content for some reason. Maybe all the time with humans? No idea.

We bought everything. Various pork items, beef, chicken liver and we got cheese and other items from Alvaro’s Mom who arrived from Italy a few days ago. Thing went smoothly, no check at the country borders, she said. The Covid situation is pretty great here still, it’s bad in West-Europe where the 4th wave is very serious. Our active cases keep dropping. We will see what happens when the time gets cooler.

So I have great variety. I still don’t have much pork, it’s one thing chuck wasn’t on sale, it happens but I only found ONE not even very big piece in the hypermarket (I only check out the already packaged stuff)… It’s fine, I have the village shop and the butcher here and I actually have enough meat for a month now (including the chicken I have as well).

I saw mutton and deer for not extremely much… We probably will try some in the near future…
Rabbit is too expensive for being only rabbit… Some deep red meat is on another level!

Tomorrow I really start some strict times (I suppose. One can never knows what desires their future will bring. I can have some educated guess though and I am hopeful and a bit determined). Finally, I have a very very good variety! I bought mascarpone too if I really want some proper dessert.

(Daisy) #156

I had a work event today. I hadn’t planned to eat anything there, but the charcuterie board was too tempting lol. Breakfast was an omelette. Lunch was burgers and bone broth. Charcuterie snack. Then crispy fried beef roast.
image image image image

how did carnivores clean their teeth thousands of years ago? i always get meat stuck between my teeth and it’s a whole chore to floss them out. maybe my teeth just aren’t evolved as carnivore if my ancestors didn’t consume that much meat?

(Linda ) #158

@Shatz sounds great I don’t crave anything on carnivore…but for some strange reason I don’t get the feeling alot get where a little bit of meat fills me up for the day I can only wish that would happen lol…

@Ketodaisy yeah I hear you with the brain trying to get us to change things up…
For me im going to go back to bacon and see where that’s leads I tried on some more size 4s to see if I was just being lucky with the ones I was wearing just fitting…a couple seem to be snug so I’m def gaining size… so time to tinker some more?? lol…

Todays food was bacon and I made cooked egg white in my waffle maker I was full …

2nd meal the same…

The guidelines are simple. Eat animal-based foods, eliminate other dietary inputs. For some that is beef, salt and water. Following them can be hard. But usually only in moments. Momentary difficulty.

Telling oneself to acknowledge and investigate a craving or food addiction behaviour in 5 or 10 minutes time is a great tool to have in the decision moment. Having a handy, cool drink of rainwater (if dehydrated), or fat source (cheese for some, non-dairy for others), or electrolyte drink (salty beef bone broth), or protein (protein shake for some, beef leftovers for others), or a boiled egg, to access in a 10-minute mindful break will sort out the bumps, and put one back on plan with curiosity and determination.

Understanding that body tissues, especially body fat, bind and stores toxins as well as energy explains the phases of mildly unwell feeling. If they pass by in a day like a storm, then it indicates that things are working. If illness persists, check in with the doc, it could be something else.

I also get ‘aching teeth’ when oxalate dumping :grimacing:. So if I do get aching teeth, I increase my magnesium citrate supplementation in response. I also build up excess dental calculus despite twice daily teeth brushing and flossing. I think the calcium oxalate crystals form part of that matrix. At dental check ups, the dentist notes my teeth and gums are strong and healthy. But i go to the dental therapist to get them descaled. I have dentophobia; fear of the dentist. So I go regularly to get a check up and told things look good. That’s preferable to the drill.

Our ancestors had wider and stronger jaws and palates. Mouths and teeth were tools. The face muscles were exercised regularly with chewing and biting. This meant strong, healthy teeth were straight and well spaced in the jaw. There were no orthodontists. Food material was easily cleaned out when biting or chewing tough fibrous or hard things, gristle, dried meat etc, or picked out with fingers or sticks. Our modern face shapes are much weaker and dental disease consequences greater.

Yesterday was a work day. Usually OMAD. But I was hungry and the weather was very cold following some winter storm fronts. It hailed as I walked into work. That gave the trusty umbrella a work out. So I ate 6 baked chicken wing pieces at about 2pm. Probably a stress response. They are chicken wings cut at the joints into smaller pieces, so it was about 3 wings. I had them with a hot black coffee and found the feed interestingly satisfying. Later, at dinner, I had a boiled egg, leftover roast beef and roast pork, 100g of peppery poultry liver pate and 100g of triple cream Brie. Washed down with high magnesium salt mineral water.

Exactly my experience… When I tried out carnivore, ALL my food addiction problems disappeared. Except the coffee one but that’s a drink :smiley:
It was very, very strange. But my keto was carbier than the usual and without meat, very different from carnivore, even objectively.
My off times are getting better too but they aren’t fully okay. Give me some (more than minimal) plant carbs and things probably get messed up a bit. I think it’s both physical and mental as I am AWARE I eat a bit off and it may escalate… Not so horribly than in my past but still, not right. I need to sever some nostalgic and habitual ties… It goes quickly when I get no joy but it still takes some more time.
I am best when I stay strict until it’s comfortable. I am safer there. Not too strict, not too lax.
Right now I go for the strictest I am willing to do. Almost only eggs and meat. I don’t just add extra things, only if it’s needed - or already in my stew. Oh, stew, I haven’t had it yesterday, just some different pork stew, I am looking forward to it ~

Too hot day again :frowning:

For me, the best thing about carnivore was that all of those cravings disappeared.

People talk about not having the willpower to go meat+water only, but it’s not willpower; it’s just not wanting it.

Frankly, I deserved a medal when I was eating SAD-low-calorie for not giving in and eating everything in sight. No medals deserved on carnivore - there’s no willpower involved; it’s easy.

@Ketodaisy
yea I get ya, I did that earlier on with my carnivore lifestyle also…I was like 'I need to do this trick or tip or add part of ‘this other plan’ into my carnivore and I woke up fast like you…what am I doing? LOL

Hey we are the super programmed eating lifestyle and diet tips/tricks and macro/track in the old days and people who research ‘health’ and eating and more types!!! Hard darn thing to drop truly but you will truly drop it in the end cause longer ya go on carnivore you truly find out you won’t need any of it IF we hold plan. Our bodies are amazing on carnivore if we keep the carnivore plan real ya know and keep it simple. The biggest thing on carnivore is your meat/fat intake ratio and that will be different on different days for each of us and I know you are working on what works best for you and doing great at it!! Super congrats on your success on this lifestyle KD!!

@VirginiaEdie :clown_face: Yea my mind went to scurvy also HAHA
I asked on the zero carb forum and they were like, NO it is not scurvy and said it was a detox adaption phase for many and I had a good laugh at myself cause like with scurvy we hear all about the teeth having big issues :wink: too funny!!!

@Shatz
yea you are me! I am uncontrollable around carbs. I can not be a moderator…I must be an abstainer and it is as simple as that for me. What carnivore did for me was quell everyday cravings but even in year 4 I can get hit with more rare cravings when I am ‘off or bored’ or out of sorts, or haven’t eaten enough but luckily I keep working on the mental game along with the physical changes that carnivore gives.

I had so many fights with myself…eat that crap…NO DO NOT GO OFF PLAN I would scream at myself and believe me I was a head mess for a bit cause I committed to ALL IN carnivore and don’t go back and yea it was hard but I stayed on plan, dumped all of the crap and never looked back because I made me a promise. Do whatever the hell it took for me…hardest was ‘knowing me’ and knowing I can’t moderate a carb for anything so I faced reality and grabbed onto the best plan that worked for me personally.

You are ok. You will go thru adaption. Have some head games hit ya around the holidays and more like alot of us had happen, but in the end, when you want something ‘bad enough’ you make it happen. Actions ya know…words are cool but actions speak louder than words all the time :sunny:

@daigo1
I know…right :wink: I use a toothpick for my few teeth that are meat traps. Other than that I got those tight teeth and not much gets in there…but just like FB said…jaws were strong back in old days but I think alot of them had meat in their teeths all the time too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@FrankoBear
good post

sounds like you are enjoying your meals. It reads like you are feeling very ‘set in your carnivore’ meals and doing real well actually, happy for you!!

@Septimius
I like your post.

Difference for me on my ‘low carb’ diet and my ‘carnivore diet’ is that on low carb diet I was teased, could have ‘a few carbs’ and that never helped cause they were crap carbs to me, I wanted to ‘crappy better carbs’ in my life and of course I kept my blood sugar swings just keeping me craving more and more carbs…and to not eat and binge off plan was sheer willpower truly cause the blood sugar swings from eating those few carbs kept me in a very bad place.

On carnivore, off ALL sugar I don’t have the swings. For me personally it meant ‘that true willpower’ was not needed. What was needed those times was a good chat with myself when I did crave thru being bored, or ‘jealous’ of others at an event, or ‘the evil carb monster’ saying inside me, come on, have just a little LOL

key was I physically was not having cravings at all. it was a mental game at that point, one thing I truly didn’t need willpower to fix, I learned other thought techniques and concepts to say no, as simple as that.

When the physical body is off all sugar and blood sugar does not wildly swing in the body it makes for ‘a stable’ clear thinking future about what do you truly want to eat for your health and what it does take for you to succeed and you can consciously follow that path without any physical cravings beating you down. I love that about carnivore! It saved me, not one doubt in my mind :slight_smile:

----------------So I batch cooked up more country style big ol’ fatty delish pork ribs. Loving them right now. Better than steak for me which is rare, but I go with the meat flow I am in love with at the time.

Ate the last of my burgers I batch cooked, will have to get more meat and fry up a good batch more.

Having the meat done and in the fridge and ‘on instant demand’ for me is working out very well. I didn’t and wouldn’t do this when I started carnivore cause I always wanted fresh cooked meals etc but now, I am falling right into this and it is working out just super for me, and the ease of it all is just wonderful! What I like is it took further ‘worrying about my meal choices and more’ off the table for me and I like that alot.
I am on carnivore auto pilot at this point and happy with it!

whatever that itchy weirdo bumps were are disappearing now…thank goodness. no clue what got me truly…but happy it is all fading and should be over with…at least the darn itch is gone :sunny:

I also feel like no matter what ICK or sick or crap I might get hit with, being carnivore and stronger immune system I come thru things pretty fast and in good shape. Luckily I am one who is on that healthier side, knock wood! but feel carnivore gives me an advantage also!

Eat well everyone. Hold the zero carb faith!

So, I did ZC / carnivore during May of this year. May was “meat month.” It didn’t really do anything more for weight loss than your garden-variety keto, but I felt like a million bucks! I don’t think I could do it forever mostly because the wife would not be on board, but in my ordinary course of eating I do end up with quite a few “meat meals” which are carnivore. I would say 1-2 per week.

(Karen) #164

I totally agree. My cravings completely diminished when I started Carnivore. keto was a different matter altogether as I made the fat bombs and there would be about 12 that I would stick in the freezer… oh I will have 1 or 2 a day … right!!! WRONG I would eat them one after the other till they were gone!!! :flushed: they just fed into my food binge addiction. Haven’t missed them at all since moving to carnivore and thats the biggest change i love about this woe … no cravings, no bingeing.

(Vic) #165

Traveling around.

No decent restaurants around, so supermarket it is…

You dont want to know how I eat a raw steak without knife plate and fork. :crazy_face:
Its not pretty :sweat_smile: