All Animal August---Triple A

(Linda ) #96

How do you keep it off? You have to keep eating that way for ever?

(Vic) #97

Got hold of some swordfish from a local fisherman.

(Daisy) #98

No, the idea is to get to your goal weight, keep it there for a little while, then reverse diet to get your body to accept that weight. Or something scientific like that :joy:

@Ketodaisy

plus the thinking is ‘it becomes more of normal and not controlled by the person’ part of our lives the longer he hold the carnivore plan.

See I walked into what you are ‘doing’ just by having time on carnivore…one day my body wanted lighter food. It wanted less fat in my day. It wanted chicken and shrimp and not some heavy ribeye steak.

So our bodies WILL direct us but of course, one can ‘plan a bit’ for a few leaner eating days and then we also must must must have some good fatty days to balance it all out to keep our hunger at bay, to keep us in good form and never make the body feel threatened ya know and then we actually hit a ‘very natural way of life’ which is the way life is intended to be :slight_smile:

so all, think ancient times. Food…catch or not LOL eat or not eat that day? feast or famine which is did we eat or not have anything at all? or limited food intake vs. a big kill hunt day?

So remember guys…nothing wrong with adopting some ‘lean protein, lower kcal days’ in carnivore but always make sure you never push them too far or your appetite can come raging back, you can actually unbalance your healing of hormones and more if we push too much so what KetoDaisy is doing is a good balance for her…she is doing I think 2-3 days? of leaner meat and then having refeeds of good ol’ fatty meats to balance and it is working well for her which it does for most carnivores if we don’t go too lean all the time.

remember also guys…carnivore while great can become a tad unbalanced from our own minds, in that those of us who friggin’ love meat to the level of eating it only every single meal and are fine doing just that :slight_smile: we can also ‘eat what we love too much’ and rely on big fatty meal days a tad too much and never truly realize we ‘do have tons of food options’ that were not available in old times ya know…so sometimes we can rely on ribeyes, lbs of bacon, add in that ol’ cheese and more…we got great food available 24/7 to us…so key is LISTEN TO your body…longer on plan there is that day we say, omg I want chicken only…and we think WTH? or I just want only some eggs and bacon and small burger today, which is a light eating day ya know vs. a few lbs of steak meat with good heavy fat content.

So think ‘very easily and not too dramatic’ how you want your meal choices to be as you progress on carnivore. You body WILL tell you I need to eat big today or I truly feel I can eat way less today, just eat leaner meats and do fine. But alot of that body feeling of knowing what we require is with time on this plan as we ‘feel ourselves out’ on it all.

Newer people should not ‘control too much’ in that one must be healed more internally, hormones more balanced, time on plan to reset the mind for this lifestyle, eating more fatty to keep hunger controlled etc and if one keeps on plan, things WILL start to truly change up and your appetite and thought on your meat choices start to definitely change. But that is time on plan.

So newer you are, don’t ‘monkey or tweak’ too much…longer on plan we change and can do a ‘bit of experimenting on us’ in small form and as one can see with KD she is carefully doing ‘her thing’ and it is working well for her.

ok just some chat on that :slight_smile:

----------------today is some burgers I cooked yesterday when wanted
got me 2 pork chops I defrosted and have to eat

then it is tomorrow finish up last of my pork country ribs that was bulk cooked and thinking of pairing that up with some chicken breasts. but tomorrow will remain to be seen :slight_smile:

So I am one being 4 yrs carnivore and wanna lose the last damn 15 vanity lbs from my body can easily do a ‘controlled’ lower kcals and ‘healthily’ do that cause that is what protein sparing does…it 'feeds the body meat on low kcals which means, while low kcals we are still not attacking our muscle mass. We feed the body meat protein for your muscle mass to not be effected by ‘low kcal intake’ so that is a good thing…but see for me, I don’t care enough about those last lbs LOL I lost my 50something lbs and feel great but darn those last lbs to get into my ‘thinner jeans’ I got in the closet would be nice but hey being older I am more about living a great healthier life on carnivore than those last darn lbs I would like gone for vanity reasons now. For me personally I am ever SO slowly dropping lbs…a lb. or 2 a month, some months only, some months I lose nothing LOL so that last 15 for me might take 2 years to come off HAHA but that is ok cause I am not leaving plan and will eventually get there I believe :slight_smile:

But we also are very very individual people. Our lives are not ever the same. We are in varied locations, varied health issues, and a TON more so as much as we are a connected firm and true carnivore group…we must address us personally on this plan just as KD is doing now. I do this, one might have to do that, we all have a million things in common on carnivore for sure!! but at some point we all split truly on this lifestyle in that we all have certain requirements in our daily carnivore day that must be met for only us.

Strong movement forward and listen to YOU and learn a ton more about YOU on this plan, you can’t go wrong doing just that ever on carnivore!

Nothing like local fresh!

I am glad you are scoring great fresh food Vic and hoping your project is getting easier for you!!

How long are you still traveling? When do you get to go home?

Im using one of those garmin watches that monitors «everything», it crunshes the data to give me a daily «body battery» to tell me where im at, balancing rest vs energy-spending.
It also calculates a stress-level, and i think one of the perimeters of this is resting-pulse (bpm).

Since my first carnivore day, my resting-pulse is up from 58 to 69, and has stayed up there now for a week. Garmin thinks im very stressed becouse of this.

Is this a thing? Anyone have this experience?

EDIT: I have since learned that garmin uses heartrate-variability to calculate stress.

(I will ofcourse see where im at in 30 days anyway)

90 resting when carbed up, around 100 the first few days of adaptation, now it’s 75 resting. Mind you, I’m not very fit!

The healthy HR range is 60-100, so I wouldn’t stress to much if you got 69 BPM

(Karen) #103

My resting heartbeat was 45 for 4 days last week and has gradually kept up to 52 today. It always fluctuates between 45 and 58 but is generally between 47 - 54.

I don’t think it is anything to do with my food and not even sure inow that ts anything to do with stress cos that’s what I used to think but I was at work last week at 45bpm.resting.

Generally speaking it is the recovery rate after excersing that shows fitness levels. I am very fit and so mine obviously drops very quickly. Just looked and its dropped to 51 today.
20210807_190735 20210807_190751

Thats interesting. So if its not to do with stress, and not to do with food…

I guess its increased, becouse thats what it takes to get me enough oxygen. So since this is resting-bpm, its not about recovery from activity.

Did i loose alot of red bloodcells?, Or do i need more oxygen than before on this diet? (Something going on in the muscles perhaps).

Hehe im clearly no scientist.

(Doug) #105

One week into the month, 100+ posts. :slightly_smiling_face:

You´ve been busy, Doug !

(Doug) #107

:smile: I meant this thread. :sunglasses: I’ve never made it through an entire month truly being carnivore - would like to try it sometime…

I think you have to come to «that point». Or if you are just interested, 30 days is not so long in a lifetime.

(Karen) #109

Fairly good sleep last night although I dreamed crazy dreams! Stair runs done and a great pairs workout with my daughter at CrossFit. Right up my street, cardio and gymnastics.

Home for brunch , sauted chicken and chorizo sausage with cheese.

Later had some ham more cheese then dinner of sirloin steak and lamb chops and more cheese and chorizo :blush:
Felt I ate quite a bit today.

(Daisy) #110

My average resting heart rate is between 64-68. Don’t know what that means :joy:

Today was a busy day. Got up, took 4 rabbits to the market, sold them for way cheaper than I wanted to, bought an ADORABLE baby pot bellied pig, came home, tended to the pig, scarfed down a tenderloin filet. Got ready for a wedding. Drove an hour to the wedding with the family. Wedding started over an hour late. No food at the wedding and just a strange wedding in general. Got an offer to do a Texas Roadhouse shop, so we ate that for dinner. I tested out on vacation whether I can tolerate 2 mild non-carnivore foods (for sides) and I tolerated them quite well actually. So to make things less complicated on the very rare times I eat out, I decided I would order those 2 items. So today was not strict carnivore. Then I was still very hungry after coming home. I tried my best to ignore it, but finally had a protein shake.
image image image image

150g pork terrine, 100g chicken liver pate, 100g pickled octopus in vinegar, 200g roast beef, 200g roast pork, 100g camembert, 3 big chunks pork crackling.

The terrine was all bits of pork and organs pressed together in lard and gelatin.

I had chocolate cravings while at the market (see below). But the lard, camembert, butter in the pate, and the pork crackling had enough fat to stave them off.

Last night at the wedding it was bar food. I only had roast duck that came out on crispbread. Big stack of crispbreads leftover. Booze was being forced on to me, so I took the offered glasses and just sipped some sparkling mineral water. When asked, I said it was gin and tonic. When we got home I ate a leftover, baked beef rib and drunk some salty beef stock. Breakfast was 5 soft boiled eggs after a morning walk in the rain and a black coffee with cream. The eggs alone, did not seem to be enough. hence cravings later on.

My heart rate is usually around 60. (just to jump in on that). If it goes slower I start to get extra beats.

(Karen) #112

How do you do the camembert crackling? Do you just spread it over the pork skin before roasting. It sounds really nice. Only trouble is I am not so keen on prok but ever now and again I give it another try. Havent had roast pork joint in a long time so maybe it is just the cut of pork I have tried recently, like belly, that I don’t like.

My daughter had pulled pork for her wedding evening buffet and everyone was raving about it … :money_mouth_face::nauseated_face: after a couple of bites. However i am always willing to try as I know my taste keeps changing on carnivore.

@Shatz, I also am not a Dr. and don’t play one on this thread LOL but I do think your numbers are in a good range. Even tho it went up some, it isn’t a bad thing in going into some crazy high mode ya know. From the internet on a carnivore site: Elevated heartrate can be experienced on a ketogenic diet. The body handles electrolytes (and therefore water) differently depending on carb intake, so if you make a big change in carb intake, the body has to learn how to compensate.----------- so your body is changing and some things can be measured in those changes that are happening right now. So for basic ‘care on this’ be sure you are keeping electrolytes up and be sure you are drinking good water in your day. Water and salt are super important to many on this plan as we change right from the start. But this can be a very normal experience for many new ketogenic plan followers like Keto Plan or extreme low carb planners or carnivore people.

@OldDoug
WE CHAT ALOT don’t we :slight_smile: :slight_smile: We just have the best group of carnivores chatting our little hearts out and I have to say, I so enjoy the thread cause the people are great…so yea, we gonna be racking up the post counts :wink: Hey do you think we can win some sort of prize HA

@Ketodaisy
Yes. I am like you. There are certain foods I can eat and do well and ‘get away with it’ for a rare few times but as you know, you watch yourself doing that :slight_smile: But I hear ya on doing that when situations sometimes are a PIA to the ultimate and you just ‘make a meal work’ anyway you can.

A strange wedding…hmmm LOL Maybe cause of the covid issues out there they whittled it down to a ‘get together’ more than a full blown reception or something? Well it sounds like ya had a good time anyway!!

OMG I SO THOUHGHT I was gonna read: came home, tended to the pig and scarfed him down after processing him! That is what a carnivore mind thinks, but my mind say, that is a pet pig, what in the heck is she doing eating him? :scream_cat: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: OK—I see your little piggie safe and sound in that picture wearing a pink harness, too cute.

Nice food list FB and some great food meal pics on the board!

--------------today is simple
eating some sautee’d chicken later and pair up with my leftover shrimp I need to finish.

Got me a few ribeyes defrosting for tomorrow.

I got me a monster package of chicken breasts I am gonna just cook in bulk. I got some burgers cooked and ready to eat when I want them too.

I feel ‘I have even simplified’ my food cooking down so much more, I just love it. It just suits me so well!

Feeling very fine on zero carb. Got my energy, got my usual good overall wellness feeling and just cruising along on plan and loving and living it!

ZC rules!

Join us join us join us :raised_hands:

I had the same thoughts about @Ketodaisy’s pig, @Fangs

I’ve been making ghee this weekend. My steak has been a little too lean of late, so I’ve been compensating for fat from other sources. I can definitely tell when my meals are too lean - I feel really irritable and overly hungry (that’s when I slide into 3 meals instead of 2).

@Septimius, yes I am so like you. I can get away with 1 leaner meat day for sure and push sometimes into 2 but after that, omg I can feel when my body says get in some fatty meat and NOW! And like you I hit ravenous hunger fast if I hold lean too long so that is something I definitely can feel straight thru my body!

Is making ghee a normal thing for you? I just use butter and haven’t bothered making ghee but so many do love it…is there an advantage with separating the milk solids out and just having the clarified oil left?
just wondering, I kinda learned up about ghee but never bothered with going further into why people use it or prefer it more?