Baby back Ribs $2.89 per pound
Guacamole $2.99 8oz
Cheddar/Jack, and Pepperjack $1.79 per 8oz
Dry cure salami $3.49 per 8oz
Full fat cream cheese 79cents per 8oz
Chicken drumsticks 69 cents per pound

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #2

Hang on while I RUN to Aldi!

Holy smokes. What a good deal! How’s the nutritional info vs. Philadelphia?

I don’t know, but Aldi’s is

Fat 9g
Carbs 1g
Protein 1g

Per ounce

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #4

Exact same. Awesome. I know that my local store brand is about 3 carbs per ounce, so I’ve learned to be watchful.

Just looked it up. Phili has 1g protein and 1g carbs more per ounce

Don’t forget your whipping cream and cheeses. More than half price of other stores, and their vintage cheddar is gorgeous! $2.49 for 8oz

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #7

I typically go to my local whole foods (locally owned, not part of the chain) for my heavy cream. They have local, organic delish stuff. I’ll have to try the stuff from Aldi. I can’t say I ever have.

I bought a digital food scale there today for $9.99, love the Aldi!

(Kate) #9

Always love me some Aldi. I get a majority of my food from there because the meat (in Australia) and dairy is especially good and a fraction of the price you pay in other stores.

(Jodi) #10

My Aldi’s cream cheese is 2g carbs/1 oz serving, while Philly’s is <1. So make sure to check your labels!

(Susan) #11

In the past 2 months have been fortunate to find eggs there for $0.35 a dozen and once for $0.22 — I was eggstatic! :slight_smile: May go there today since our store is closing for remodelling tomorrow; who knows what great bargains on refrigerated foods one may find (may be dreaming, but hoping they don’t want to truck a lot of stuff to neighboring towns).

Mine is 1g full fat will photo the pack and upload later

They have large bags of spinach for $1.99

(Jodi) #14

Lol I believe you, just saying at my store the counts are different, I have no idea why. That’s why I said to check labels.

They often have well marbled beef for reasonable prices! Hubby and I stumbled on family packs of ribeye for $3-something a pound!! We stocked up!

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #16

Same. I went last night and found that was the case.

How odd, mine is 1g per ounce

Front package

(3351e4c40bcf149b233c) #19

Every time I have considered buying cream cheese at Aldis the carb count is higher than Philadelphia.

I just looked at mine…