Aldi Bargains this week

(Todd Allen) #21

Funny that it is still 90 calories per serving despite having the same grams of fat and supposedly twice the carbs and protein.

Right?? lolā€¦ I wonder why the discrepancy between packagesā€¦ Iā€™m in KS. Wonder where OP is from?

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #23

Iā€™m in MN/WI and have the same packaging.

Iā€™m in Florida. Mine is also 100 cal and your 90 cal. I wonder why? Do you have sweeter tastes in that region?

I would say we donā€™t have particularly sweet tastes (ie. sweet tea)ā€¦ Iā€™m guessing that these two are produced and packaged by different food manufacturers, hence the difference in contents. Last week, I saw Land Oā€™Lakes delivering to our Aldi, so Iā€™m assuming that the butter, milk, and possibly sour cream and cream cheese are produced and packaged by them. Perhaps itā€™s a different food manufacturer in your area.

You have cheese cultures and carob in yours, and mine doesnā€™t. I know Aldi source locally.

Be interesting to check their other products lol

(Doug) #28

I stopped by an Aldi today and got a couple racks of those ribs. Went to Walmart for some other stuff, and they have baby backs for the same price. :neutral_face:

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #29

At least itā€™s not cheaper. I hate when that happensā€¦

(Doug) #30

Ainā€™t that the truth, Katiea. At that point, I feel compelled to buy as much or more at the lower price, so as to ā€œaverage down.ā€ Would tell my wife, ā€œHoney, weā€™re gonna be eatingā€™ ribsā€¦ā€

Is your Aldi 5 minutes from Walmart? I have heard that where possible Walmart competes because Aldi has managed to shut a few Walmarts down. A bag of good mixed salad 99 cents etc Never seen it at that price in Walmart

(Becky) #32

Deep fat fryer $24.99. Electric pressure cooker $39.99. I went in to buy pork rinds to try out in my unopened waffle maker and was so tempted by these Keto necessities! Ok, so I did buy the deep fat fryer AND some wings to fry but I left the pressure cooker there. Unfortunately my newly rendered lard wasnā€™t enough to fill the fryer. Can fats be mixed for deep frying?

(Doug) #33

Nice price on the mixed salad - really makes the convenience worth it, there.

The nearest Aldi to our place is over 7 miles away, a substantial distance in the city, and Iā€™d never been to any around here before. I picked one that was just off my route into town yesterday. (Got up at 1 a.m., drove 700 miles/1130 km, bought ribs and cooked them. My wife spends all day with high school students - she deserves it.)

There is a Walmart not that far from that Aldi, 2.3 miles/3.7km away. 14 Walmarts in the metro Atlanta area, and 13 Aldis, so they definitely compete with each other.

(Carrie Hutchison) #34

Iā€™m in Missouri i plan on going to aldiā€™s today I will look too.

Large bags of baby spinach today were $1.49 and I got a large pack of dry cure salami for next week, and feta stuffed olives. Not eating this week

Grass fed Beef $5.29 this week

Pork Loin $1.69 pound

For those interested, Aldi doing a 2 carb breakfast bar to rival Atkins. $4.99 box of 5 bars

Kerry Gold Butter $2.89

(Randy) #39

My guess that a company like Aldi is sourcing their products from different manufacturers. Not shipping products long distances has to be a big part of keeping prices low.

(Darlene Horsley) #40

I wish I had Aldiā€™s or hell, even a Trader Joeā€™s! Iā€™m in the mountains so I am stuck with Ingles and their high prices or Walmart which, this one, has horrible meat. Inglesā€™ vegetables tend to go bad before I even get them home and I am tired of buying cucumbers that are soft and rotten within 2 days. Yesterday I made the 91 mile trek to Costco to stock up on meat, eggs and nuts. Itā€™s my closest one. This is the last weekend for our farmers market so there goes good veggies. Le sigh.