Alcohol

(Kathy Meyer) #86

I have a small glass of dry red wine on occasion, and also like a Michelob Ultra Amber with lime when I make Mexican food (It’s not craft beer, but with the lime it is refreshing). Doesn’t seem to cause too much damage.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #87

Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty glass. Might want to practice sayin’ it for cocktail parties and barbecues.

(Candace) #88

Does anyone know if Malbec would be good? I’ll have to try the Shiraz @SkyCaptain

(Julian Webber) #89

It should be delicious! There is only one way to be sure…

(Patrick B.) #90

I have to contradict you. It is brewed using barley malt, rice, water, hops and yeast. It gets 30% of it’s alcohol from rice, which lends no flavor to a beer. It is a neutral-flavored grain. That’s what makes it so pale and light. It has no corn in it’s mash. Miller-Coors uses corn instead of rice, but otherwise the ingredients are the same.

Source: Budweiser and I’m a past home-brewer who has given it up for Jameson Whiskey.

Did someone say Jameson? It was definitely a sad day when I had to give up my stouts but then I discovered whiskey!

(JennyBelle ) #92

You should try it with a shot of pickle juice to chase it with. It’s called a pickle back:) You cannot even taste the Ja’mo going down and you get some of your sodium in take as well. I promise it’s fabulous. Have one for me, I’ve taken the month of March off from any alcohol. Except "maybe’ for St. Pat’s Day( its my brother Pats b-day). I am trying to get ready for Aprils Zorn fast since I will be 2 1/2 months in to Keto.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #93

(Candace) #94

I said good-bye to my beloved Troi Pistoles on Fat Tuesday. Fortunately, I like Jameson, good bourbon, and good Scotch (not the peaty kind :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

(Jeff Davis) #95

But the peaty kind is the good kind! :smile:

(Candace) #96

No…I can’t do it, at least not on my own - have to have suggestions. I drink 18 & 21 year Glenfiddich, at home. I have yet to find a peaty one that I could handle. I am always willing to try though, as long as I’m not investing in a big bottle, because tastes change, and I know from experience that not all brands taste the same. I thought bourbon straight or neat was vile, until I had 4 Roses LOL

(JennyBelle ) #97

Our bar just got a 2016 limited edition of Elliot’s Four Roses reserve…$25.00 a shot! It was amazing:)

(Candace) #98

I bet that would be good! We like the small batch, but haven’t tried anything like that!

(Tim) #99

Does anyone find that that hangovers are more severe when Keto?

(Jase) #100

i find can hold ketosis the following day after drinking large quantities of red wine but a couple of beers kicks me out

(Melissa) #101

This is my usual drink of choice as well. I just started my Keto journey 2 weeks ago and, unfortunately, had 4 last night. Two is usually my limit. Am wondering how much this will throw me off so early in, but I’m not going to let it derail me. I don’t think I’m going to make that a habit for sure!

(Kellyn ) #102

Does anyone know if southern comfort is zero carb?

(Lisa D) #103

My hubby and I used to drink all of the craft beers - he still does sight I drink Tito’s martinis (or Tito’s and soda with lemon squeeze) when I drink. Man I miss a good beer!!!

(barrytspencer) #104

They need to do an update :o), I think both were drinking at one stage, hows that progressing now Dudes