Air Fried Wings

(J) #1

I think I’ve gotten my definitive go-to for homemade wings down to a science. I like my wings extra crispy, and I find that this method gets 'em there, while the wing/drum itself is not dried out, so -if you wanna try- well, enjoy!

Ingredients:

• Raw wings & drumettes (around 10, I think)
  • Franks Red Hot (about a cup or so, to your desire
  • 1/2 a stick of butter
  • Salt, Pepper, Garlic, crushed cayenne pepper
  • Monk Fruit Sweetener (1-2 teaspoons)
  1. Throw wings into a bowl and mix the salt, pepper, garlic, & crushed cayenne all over the wings
  2. You can coat the wings with some olive oil, if desired, or just grease the skids of the air fryer with some
  3. Turn air fryer to 300 or below, and put the wings in there for 30 minutes or so, while those are cookin’
  4. Add butter, Frank’s, some more cayenne pepper, and the monk fruit, bringin’ to a simmer
  5. Stir and turn the heat down
  6. When the wings finish, take them out and let them cool a little bit
  7. I usually make some kind of side dish during this time. Today I air-fried some frozen green beans
  8. After 10-15 minutes or so of letting the wings cool, put 'em back in the Air Fryer, crank the temp to 400, and let them go another 5-7 minutes.
  9. When there’re about 2 minutes left on the wings, crank the heat up on the sauce again, and stir vigorously. Turn heat back off.
  10. Either, put the sauce in a bowl to dip your wings in, or toss your wings in the sauce (I do the former, since the crisp of the wings persists longer)

I am very happy with this concoction, and the little bit of sweetness the monk fruit brings to the buffalo sauce is really nice.

Haven’t done the air fry thing…it is a small convection oven and apparently convenient. I do wings all the time on the grill or soups vide and sear. Then once i have a crispy skin Baptize in the hot sauce butter, put them back on and let that tack up. Then Rebaptize and sear mmmm